OSG's 'Golden Goodness' - Isomerized Frozen Hash Oil Crystals

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by oldskoolgrower, Apr 17, 2009.

1. If its oil - smoke it! Hotknife it.

2. fucking baller guide OSG, i have one question though. my harvest will be getting a little screwed, long story short i have to chop one plant down without flushing it. Should i water cure it first or can i jump straight to making this dank stuff? if it's also any use i'm using lucas formula nutes. thanks!

3. You don't have to flush it. Sure it's better to flush the plant but if you have to chop early it's just fine to use the fresh green bud as-is.

4. that makes my day :D i'm fucking stoked then to harvest and immediately begin making this isomerized sex candy. Thanks!

5. I'm making a fresh batch tomorrow. Well either that or some budder (basically the same thing only whipped).

6. Whipped as in folding/stirring it with a needle? Also, for some reason i can only find 99% isopropyl, would that affect things negatively or would it just evaporate faster?

7. The stronger the iso the better.

Yes budder is isomerized and whipped with air prior to freezing in order to get it's characteristic consistency.

8. sweet, i'll be sure to experiment with these great instructions :D

9. Just wondering, i cannot get isopropyl alcohol in uk.
    Can Vodka be used, or is that a stupid question ?

10. Not really strong enough, but if you can get grain alcohol (Everclear) you can use that.

They don't sell isopropanol in the UK?

11. is there another name for grain alcohol ?
    I've just chopped down a 2 pounder plant that showed signs of being male.
    I started growing it on 1st march so fellig a little gutted.

To console myself i've just bough 5 Lowryder 2 fem and 5 easy ryder fem and growing them under a 200w envirolite cfl.

ive been using miracle gro all purpose with all the micro nutrients or whatever on my other 2 lowryders and my hindu kush.

my local hydro shop suggested green dream when they flower ? anyone have any thoufhts on this .

sorry if this is in the wrong section of the site , i only signed up yesterday and i am still a little green !

12. forgot to say that the male is hanging outside in sun in preparation for some sort of hash or oil experiment when i know a bit more.

problem is doesnt appear to be many trichromes on it ? Should i just throw it away or is there any merit in smoking/oil extraction or whatever.

from your photos it looked like you used bud ?

13. I don't know what you call whole grain liquor in the UK. You want an alcohol that's at least 90% pure though.

Yes I use pure bud for mine. It's the only way to get maximum potency. Frozen, green, fresh bud.

14. thanks for the advise mate.
    i'll give a bit a bash and see what happens.

male plant is about 4ft and bushy as hell, be interesting to see how much oil come from it !

15. can you put bud (dried obv) or hash in the oven at 220*F to improve the potency?

16. Most traditional hash is heat treated during pressing anyways. Bud is largely decarboxylated during the slow dry and cure. I *have* heated dried bud prior to making green dragon or other consumables but I'm not certain it helps much.

17. I have a question. I am a first time grower, and it is almost time to harvest. I was wondering if i should take everything (buds/Trim) and make Qwiso. Or if i should cure the buds and only use trim. Any suggestions?

p.s I wont be growing for a while after this plant has run its course

18. well i need to try this! in a few months when i start chopping trees. thanks for posting man.

19. #119 Atarijedi, Jul 5, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2009
    If you want to use a safer alcohol, and cant get Everclear (Grain Alcohol), you can look for a product called Alcool Global (by DeKuyers) there are 2 versions, a 40% and a 94%, get the 94% obviously, and it should be much easier to find than Everclear.

Also, I don't believe there is any Isomerization going on here, only Decarboxylation, as you are removing a carboxyl group in the form of CO2 (THC-A > THC), not turning one molecule into another (aka an Isomer).

I believe an Isomerization of Hash Oil would turn CBD or CBN into THC.

20. CBN and CBD are not isomers of THC. THC-A and Delta-9 THC (what the THC-A turns into after decarboxylation) are different isomers of THC.

I've used ethanol as well. Isopropanol isn't much more toxic, not nearly as much as say methanol for example. I've gotten better results with isopropanol for whatever reason than with ethanol though.

Iso is so safe you can actually drink it (NOT that I recommend you do so). It's a bit of a myth that it's super toxic.