OSG's 'Golden Goodness' - Isomerized Frozen Hash Oil Crystals

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by oldskoolgrower, Apr 17, 2009.

1. The curing is just letting it dry to make sure no ISO is left. Room temperature overnight is usually enough.

2. great guide!! i just had a couple questions, By fresh you mean right off the plant right? and is it still good if you dont heat it up?

3. Yes fresh cut from the plant. Yes it's still good stuff if you skip the heat curing phase.

4. This is how I have tweeked OSG's isomerized iso hash recipe

I don't cure it. It goes straight from my evaporating area to the oven. Then I cover it with saran wrap and throw it (still hot) in the freezer for 2 hours. The saran wrap keeps water from condensing on the hash when you remove it from the freezer.

Hope this is useful

5. Good tips.

Immediately freezing it is actually best, but most people can't just put a hot glass piece into their freezer so I erred on the side of caution with regards to instructions. I put it in while it's still pretty hot usually.

Letting it cure overnight won't hurt potency if it's not exposed to light, but yes heating it in the oven will evaporate off any iso that's left. Again I chose to err on the side of safety when it comes to giving instructions on the Internet.

6. Hey osg i have a question if you get a sticky consistency of hash oil do you still freeze it longer? and great technique just tried it i cant even keep my fingers apart its so good!

7. It's always somewhat sticky even when it's crystalized. I freeze no matter what because I heat it and you need to freeze it fairly fast to stop the chemical reactions going on.

Good stuff though isn't it? :)

8. great stuff lol was so sticy hard to even scrape off the razor lol i had gotten some on my hand and it melted couldnt event keep my fingers apart its awesome lol

9. Be careful smoking it. If you did it right it's between 70 and 90% cannabinoids most likely and you WILL get extremly blazed :D

10. whats a good way to press it after it is made? im trying to find a good way to store it its always so sticky

11. I don't press it usually but if you want to you can press it in wax paper. I keep it in a little glass jar or in wax paper wrapped in tinfoil in the freezer and use a tiny spoon to dose it out.

12. Just press it together with your fingers, it's easier when they are wet BTW. Ball it up on the batches that you can if you want. I like to keep it on cellophane, such as that from a envelope window - works GREAT. However I find some of the lower quality washes cant be handled or balled up. Seems the higher quality the wash, the easier it is to handle.

13. how much less potent would the result be if i used ground dried bud qwiso and then isomerized it up?looks lovely btw

14. It won't be THAT much less potent, but usuing whole green bud minimizes non cannabinoid material in the final product. Freezing whole dried bud would be my next best option.

15. So is the loss in amount made up for by the icrease in potency of the product? I mean, is it more high-efficient to make hash?

16. I find it to be very efficient. If you want you can dry the buds you use and then make lower grade (but still good to smoke) QWISO. I have a lot of surplus so I just toss the leftovers usually.

One hit of this shit is all anyone really needs.

17. Oldskoolgrower my brother gave me some hash oil. Can I use it to make these?

18. Nah if you already have oil just use it as is. I'm sure it'll be good :)

19. Thanks for your replies OSG. It should be some pretty decent oil. My brother doesn't usually blow smoke out of his ass. He uses it to cook with mainly. But also tells me he used it to fry fish in. Now he didn't say he did that to get high on the fish but just that he did use it like that. I would think it would mess up the THC by getting it that hot. ? I think he just had quite a bit, probably got high and got experimental.

Either way. I used it to make some muffins and other eateries. But I have to be honest it didn't really get me high. How are you really supposed to use this stuff? Forgive me for asking such a probably dumb question. I have been smoking for years, budz keif and hash. But new to this oil process.

20. That sounds like it's actual infused oil, not hash oil per se.

• Like Like x 1