OSG's 'Golden Goodness' - Isomerized Frozen Hash Oil Crystals

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by oldskoolgrower, Apr 17, 2009.

1. Budder is whipped while being heated then frozen right afterwards.

2. i'll have to give both a shot (along with BHO and ice hash) when I have the resources, either way, A+ guide :)

3. I've also read that Budder is changed into Delta 6 THC, which is why it is so much more potent.

We need to find the process that changes it into D 11 THC (like your liver does when you eat it)... 5x more potent than Delta 9 THC :D

4. Some of the THC is turned into more potent forms supposedly during isomerization supposedly, same with this process I documented here. There is very thin science on the subject and lots of myth though, unfortunately. Hopefully once it's legal tons of real research can be done.

5. Can't fuckin wait for that day to come.

6. You and me both brother. Heh I said supposedly twice. Baked :smoking:

Cooking dinner now. No not with hash oil!

7. how long on average would put the dish on "gentle" heat for?

8. Until it evaporates. I either put it on top of the slightly warm range top or I use a heating pad.

9. Uh-huh... Suuuuure :p

10. Does anyone know whether this Isomerized Hash Oil can be smelled by drug dogs...?:confused:

11. My guess would be yes.

12. #72 Kicks, May 6, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2009
    I did this method, the hash came out a gooey brown, was still good though.

Quick question to undried frozen buds....Can you use frozen undried buds to make cannabutter? Or do they have to be dry? I have immature buds/sugar leaves in the freezer for the past 5 days, and want to make cannabutter. I already made this type of hash with the other half of the sugar leaves. Just wanting to know if you've tried making cannabutter that way!

13. Giving it a try!

So, after burning offf the Iso alchohol in the dish and it is all evaporated -- you mentioned curing for overnight. Is that cure done in the freezer or at room temp

thx in advance!

h

14. I use dried bud or preferably pure kief for making cannabutter/cannaoil but you can use undried bud as well.

Room temperature. It's really just to make sure all the iso is evaporated out.

15. Thanks for the guide! I have made about 5 batches so far using this method. I however cannot tell if the heating increased the THC or not. If it did not, I was thinking since heat degrades THC and THC vapes off at less than 200 degrees (my oven smells like my vaporizer when I cook it), could this heating process perhaps HINDER the final product?? Seems to me like this process would almost be hit or miss- you would increase the THC or if that didn't work the heat might hinder the final product? Don't get me wrong I am happy with the final product using this method BTW.

16. THC doesn't vape at 200-220F. If any does it's minimal. Now at 200C we'd be talking bad mojo :)

Trust me. If it is rapidly cooled this makes it nice and potent. The end product is great in a vape too. Leaves barely any residue.

17. There are also additional things that can be done to create potent cannabinoid isomer combinations but they get more involved and some skill in chemistry is required as well as the right gear. I like to keep things simple and safe. ISO is very benign really as solvents go at only twice the toxicity of ethanol.

18. Sounds good..

Ok I have a few more questions..

So if you don't rapid cool it, it doesn't increase potency??

Also exactly what temp & times are you using these days??

This leaves no residue in a vape?? I balled it up, and its like black glass and chips away as such, in shards! I wanna try the vape, but am afraid it will goo it up.

19. I worry a little about degradation if left to slowly cool from high temps. Lately I'm doing about 20 minutes at 220F.

I said it leaves very LITTLE residue; much of it evaporates. I wouldn't just shove it on a screen though; use a little piece of nug or a tool made for smoking oil.

20. Hello OSG, what a nice thread you have here. I have a couple of quick ones for you. What is the "cure" process that follows the gentle heat and precedes the oven? I have a Satty that is about to get the flush and I want to make hash from the small buds and good trim. Would this technique be good in your opinion? Is the end product physically or chemically different from hash? I tried the ice and water method at home this week, but did not have bubble bags and the coffee filter I had wouldn't let the stuff through. So, I have a mixing bowl of green goodness that I can't smoke. I will try this process next, it doesn't require any special equipement. Peace
    ELdiablo