OSG's 'Golden Goodness' - Isomerized Frozen Hash Oil Crystals

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by oldskoolgrower, Apr 17, 2009.

1. Just finished up my first batch of hash ever! Great guide.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

2. Hi guys I just finished up my first batches using this guide. I used 190 proof everclear, two strainers with coffee filters, did one with frozen over night an the rest for 30 minutes to an hour. Some had some fresh frozen material but 90% of it was probably dried bud harvested 1-3 weeks ago.

After evaporating is it normal to have some green sap looking blobs amidst the golden dried THC and other cannabinoids on the plate?

Ive done QWISO before and had it as well. I always assumed it was fats lipids and chlorophyll absorbed in the quick wash that pooled up while evaporating.

Anyway after coming out of the oven those green saps turned red and some looked almost burnt on one run I figured out I left it in too long and adjusted the time I have it in the oven. The changing color has kinda sketched me out but I took a dab and it tasted good got me baked.

Here it is in parchment paper and hand pressed and then re frozen. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1414896245.263337.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1414896257.743640.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. Identical to what i do. Just i dont scrape it a second time. I also work with a candle warmer to warm it the second time.

For anyone thinking about noo goo. Dont evap iso in it. They are safe for it just dont work well with the films thats left.
    Did a heat to try and get it no luck.
    Did a freeze to break it up and rolled the pan. No luck.
    Last resort, more iso redesolve and into pyrex for evap and scrape then transfer it back to whip. Once it hardens it crumbles apart like soft hash and wont melt in ur hand

Attached Files:

4. mine has not been turning out for nothing today ive made lots of batches and had some really good perfect stuff yesterday that was like rock candy but today it just wont dry its black gooey glob but on the pyrex it is amber colored when i spread it around its acting up on me big time i purged for hours today all morning and afternoon and even part of the evening im not sure whats going wrong its evaporating and then just golden and watery its weird maybe its the new alcohol im using its still 91percent and i made that great stuff with it yesterday i think hmm maybe its the iso . has to be the iso .

5. i put a lighter to it and it does nothing just sets there all shiny and black looking hahah

6. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1447093673.175311.jpg see what i mean I made abtach today and it turned out great but i made two seperate large batches yesterday and they both tirned to gnarly oil that wont purge .

7. Im having a lot of trouble with it now that im using parchment paper .... it turns out beautifully off my pyrex then i put it into a ball and into the oven then it bubbles up and looks like swiss cheese but then it goes back to being gooey and wont turn out...

8. Amazing thanks!

9. Are u sure u did not get wax paper?

Sent from my VK815 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. No i had meant to come by here and the show ur hash oil thread I had been using a metal espresso screen for ages like a year and thought it was filtering it enough but since ive switched it up Im getting full melt Honeythat tastes amazing I even got good cottonmouth the other day when i first tried my widow honey oil it was pretty great now i dont feel like immissing out on topshelf anymore......[​IMG] I dont even want to smoke flower now Im waiting to get some new nails for my full melt Im just now done with booboo but the boo boo got me through through....

11. Hey, I seen someone do there evap or cook off on the parchment paper in the dish does that work anybody tried this it looked like it leaked through the paper in the video but he like vacuumef it at the end wich i still dont get or how to close the loop and recycle tha alcohol but its the pressure that would be super dangerous doin that not worth it just get fresh factory made solvent.

12. can you use the iso more then once to extract triremes before evaporating? in theory doing multiple washes with the same iso could increase the amount of triremes suspended in the alcohol. there may be a point where the solution is at max solubility and won't break down anymore or take anymore? any thoughts? also 91% vs 99% does it matter? 91% is much easier to get and cheaper too.