OSG's 'Golden Goodness' - Isomerized Frozen Hash Oil Crystals

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by oldskoolgrower, Apr 17, 2009.

1. I personally think any hash is improved by a brief heating phase as long as it's cooled relatively quickly afterwards to stop the chemical reactions.

2. No the heat does it. You could do the same with any hash or hash oil.

Note that a lot of the same thing happens when you vape or burn it. I just have found from experimentation that it's more potent this way.

3. Oh ok. I know plenty of people including myself that use heat to purge BHO but haven't ever heard of the heat doing anything but aiding in the purging of the butane. But 220* is a lot hotter than anyone should ever be purging BHO I'd say. So just putting your pyrex dish of QWISO in an oven at 220* for 20 minutes makes it more potent?

4. Yes, as long as you cool it quickly. Otherwise you will start degrading the THC.

5. is it fine to just put the pyrex glass dish in a regular fridge freezer? could you use dry ice to help with the process or would it not make that much of a difference?

6. #46 oldskoolgrower, Apr 21, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2009

Sure any oven safe glass dish is fine. I haven't tried dry ice or liquid nitrogen for flash freezing; might be worth looking into.

7. what about extremely low temperatures damaging the THC?

also, have you tried this with dried buds?

8. Dried buds make a lower quality product, and cold doesn't damage THC. It will damage trichomes but not the chemical itself.

9. Thanks man, I've always wanted to have a nice high quality kinda smoke like this produces. Do you think its worth it to try a run with dried bud?

10. Sure it'll make some decent qwiso but it won't be as pure.

11. shame you dont live in the u.k. My friends dad owns red eye magazine and they do thc level testing. someone sent similar stuff before a a level of 72% peace bro!

12. how many grams of weed did u use. and how many grams of bliss did u get out of it?:confused::D

13. This last run was about two ounces wet so it would have been about a half ounce had it been dried and cured. I got maybe 2 grams out of it.

14. I'm talking to someone who might be able to do some testing of a few things for me. It's not a done deal yet but we'll see. I've seen results of 70-95ish% from similar methods done by others so 72% doesn't surprise me.

15. Wow, that looks awesome! I've been looking to try making some QWISO and this looks like the method to do it. +rep

16. No rep needed but thanks. I just want to spread the Love that is Knowledge.

17. Do you have any other methods?

Personally I use butane and when it is almost all evaporated I use a blow dryer on high and heat up the BHO till it stops bubbling. This is just to remove the excess butane, but it does seem stronger. I'll experiment some more next harvest.

18. Yes I've used butane and hexane and ethanol for extractions. They all have different merits. QWISO is actually one of the purest products I think I've found though when done with frozen undried buds.

19. OSG, once again a great bit of knowledge shared with the rest of us. Mais respeito amigo. You put it down for us to pick up. :smoking:

20. so if I wanted to budder this up as opposed to keep it powdery would I scrape it into a pile while it's still moist and whip from there? and then freeze?