Ornamental Flower Thread

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by Organic sinse, Jun 24, 2020.

1. Love the MG and Nasturtiums! I’m in the Sam boat with bears and bird feeders!
    Cheers
    Os

• Like Like x 4
  2. My wife likes to put the nasturtiums in salades. I like to just walk by a pluck a flower off and eat it.

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. They are. All those will beat the snow flying. I had to cull some buds on stuff I was sure just won’t make bloom this year. It’s damn hard to do!
    Cheers
    Os

• Like Like x 2
  4. When do you expect winter weather OS?

• Like Like x 3
  5. The snow is creeping down the mountains, but ya just never know. It’s all a gamble. It usually rains a lot until November and then starts getting cold, but if the weather comes from the North, it could snow any day. The sun is already so low in the sky, I barely get sun on my gardens. The sun just plays peek a boo with the mountain peaks and tree tops.
    Cheers
    Os

• Like Like x 2
  6. News for all with a pretty flower selection. I just read on wspa.com that there is a flower shortage for weddings and such so maybe cash in? I’ve got Marigolds and phlox priced right.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. @dobro49 We got our first light frost this morning. Time to clip off buds on unopened lilies and force em as cut flowers. I definitely will have “stems” with blooms available. Going to put stem arrangements in every glass vase and jar I own. They are all the fragrant ones too.
    Cheers
    Os

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Got a new Lily to show off. This one is called Nymph, she is an Orienpet Lily.
    Here are a couple of Olympic Torch Orienpet Lillies.
    Those pink bananas are starting to transform into flowers.
    We had a light frost and they are calling for more light frosts later this week, so I cut all the Lily buds that I just don’t think are going to do it. This way the remaining stem can get on with putting energy into the bulb so I can have better plants next year.
    These are what I cut. I still have more that I think will bloom that I left alone. Probably twice the number I cut. If it’s was good and colored I left them to do their thing.
    Hopefully I will have some pics of cut flowers to share.
    Cheers
    Os

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Snowed a shit ton of wet heavy snow last night. That’s real early even for here. The trees still have most of there leaves. Tons of trees with leaves snapped in half all over town.
    That’s it for ornamental gardening for me for the year. I did clip every decent bud and put em in water. My house is loaded with blooms.
    Still have bulbs to plant. Putting in around 400 tulips and two dozen various EARLY Lillies.
    Cheers
    Os

• Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Thx heavn. Those are a gift for a gal with matching hair color. Pink and purple highlights.
    Cheers
    Os

• Like Like x 3
  11. I like her style

Sent with more cow bell!?

• Like Like x 3
  12. Me too!
    Cheers
    Os

• Like Like x 2
  13. @TimJ my Sis down in Georgia has her Toad Lilies finally blooming. Maybe there is still hope for yours.
    Cheers
    Os

• Like Like x 3
  14. As always you have some very beautiful lilies flowering Os. For some reason I'm not getting notifications for threads I follow. I just planted 5 more Giant Orientpet Lily Purple Lady's today. Still no sign of my toad lilies. Yours look spectacular. I may purchase them again for a second try in the spring.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Thanks man. That Purple Lady is a beauty. I think under certain conditions they have super cool purple on purple spots. I love spots. They raise the bar another notch! All of the Lady series are great and have huge flowers. Every Orienpet I grew had just incredible smell. Even better than Stargazers, and you can smell em from super far away. You can smell a single bloom at 50’ away.
    That’s a pic of my Sis’s Toad Lily. We got a foot of snow last week and the temps have been in the mid 20’s since. I lost all my toad lillies before they bloomed. I was just out looking, and I think I might still be able to get a cutting off one plant. It will be something to play with this winter in the house.
    Last Monday my soil temp was still 50 F. Now it’s 40’F. Any soil not mulched freezes rock hard over night. I have a lot of bulb planting to do tomorrow. If that goes well, I’m going to dig holes and trenches for the other bulbs I plan to plant, that haven’t shipped yet. Busy times, but the reward next spring/summer is well worth it.
    Cheers
    Os

• Like Like x 2