Ornamental Flower Thread

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by Organic sinse, Jun 24, 2020.

1. One more for today. DSCN0394.JPG Lavender 'Munstead' (Lavandula angustifolia)

• Like Like x 6
  2. IMG_4171.JPG IMG_4172.JPG
    @organicsinse these are the lilly trees getting ready to open... they’re white ill post some pics when theve bloomed.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. IMG_4160.JPG IMG_4152.JPG IMG_4145.JPG IMG_4156.JPG

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Like Like x 4
  4. Please do. I am trying something crazy. I have some Lily tree bulbs arriving in a couple days. I want to see if I can get them to grow and bloom this summer yet (they are white as well). Your pic of the plant growing are way more helpful than what I saw at the bulb company, so thanks bunches for that x2.
    I feel the only bad that can come from planting the bulbs this late, is they may not grow long enough after flowering to be able to feed the bulb well for next year. I am going for it anyways, I only paid $3 a piece for a couple bulbs, so it wasn't a spendy investment. If I really like em, I can replant some in the fall or spring if I think they won't make a return appearance. Actually, I went ahead and bought 24 other lily bulbs that I will be planting this week as well. It may be late for a lot of places, but none of my Oriental lilies have even broke the surface yet up here. We will see how it works. It was the darn 50% off at tulip world that got me to try way more new stuff late, than I normally would even consider.
    cheers
    os

• Like Like x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. Thanks OS i landscape for a living so im always at the nursery for work and constantly bringing home plants that customers dont want anymore or if i got too many for the job. that blue one is a Hydrangea... couldnt tell you the exact cultivar theres many but theyre very popular in my seaside town they do very well here. Ive seen pink, white, and purple aswell. They also have hydrangea trees. Lillys are my gf favorite so im always hunting for new different ones ive never seen. Just picked this one up at nursery few days ago. Just gotta find somewhere to plant it running out of room! haha IMG_4181.JPG IMG_4183.JPG

• Like Like x 8
  6. 20200630_172121.jpg
    20200626_092836.jpg
    20200515_203643.jpg
    20200626_093326.jpg
    20200603_123446.jpg
    20200602_115944.jpg
    20200620_130549.jpg
    20200603_165027.jpg
    20200508_151106.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. That one is lovely. I'm on the same page as your GF, love lilies and they grow good up here. I might have to do some research and see if hydrangea grow well up here, although I am truly out of room anyway.
    cheers
    os

• Like Like x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Nice man i love the iris ive got 1 growing but hasn’t bloomed yet! Great choices and nice variety

• Like Like x 3
  9. Thanks! I'm in Red Deer, Alberta.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  10. Here's a donor plant I keep of a white Hydrangea, it's about 10 feet in diameter 4' high. 20200630_225701.jpg And a picture of a newer variety of a Pink to blue variety. Starts whitish-pink and turns blue. At least that's what I was told. This one was planted last fall. 20200630_225855.jpg Lot's of rain here lately, found some slugs on my flowers..

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 2
  11. I just got my first hydrangea plant. Why didn’t anybody tell me about these!? Apparently you can change the ph of the soil and that changes the color of the flower???? Somebody tell me if this is true. :)

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. It’s true for many flowers, but I don’t know the details on how it works. Seems like the light blues, pinks, and soft colors are the ones that can change with pH. Doesn’t seem to be a thing with deep colors like Dark red, or dark blue.
    It’s actually a pretty cool topic for discussion. Like how to mix up the soil in a bed to make it more acidic by adding spagnum peat moss to the native soil, that kind of thing.
    At this point in my game, I’m doing good just to get flowers to grow. Fine tuning the colors is beyond my skill set...at least for now.
    I actually have some interest in this area for the Himalayan Blue Poppies I grow. My problem is I don’t know where my flower patch soil lies, as is.
    Cheers
    Os

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. It is true

Sent with it's not a lie!?

• Like Like x 3
  14. I believe you can with some varieties like the pink, adding elemental sulfur to the soil will drop soil pH and can force it to go blue. The white varieties I have and had in the past. Both shrubs and climbers in white did not go pink or blue by changing the pH.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. My grandma had one in front of her house she did it with. Was interesting to see, but at the time I wasn't into how that worked out what not. Wish I had.

Sent with it's not a lie!?

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. Making some rounds this morning

CFC1256E-175C-46B1-BDDC-47C7F7108D51.jpeg 9B4BE986-A0A0-4AC8-A2E3-191CFF28DB9E.jpeg AB8AFB0D-A706-433B-85A3-4BC80F7A8105.jpeg

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. I was going to say if you use soil acidifiers you can alter the color never tried but I’ve heard this also.

• Like Like x 4