Orionid meteor shower tonight!

Discussion in 'General' started by Sleepy nuts, Oct 21, 2012.

1. Just thought i'd remind everybody that the biggest meteor shower of the year is tonight at 11:00pm eastern time to 5:40am.
    I've never seen one before so I figured i'd catch this one, should be pretty bad ass.

2. [quote name='"Sleepy nuts"']Just thought i'd remind everybody that the biggest meteor shower of the year is tonight at 11:00pm eastern time to 5:40am.
    I've never seen one before so I figured i'd catch this one, should be pretty bad ass.[/quote]

Can I still catch it down in South America?

3. Will definitely smoke a lot on the porch tonight, thanks for the heads up man.

4. Yes, it can see it from almost everywhere, but I don't know what time is best for your time zone to watch. You'd have to look it up.

5. Beat me to the post. Orion comes out at 12 am around PA,
    Which is the radiant point.

You don't need to see Orion to watch the show, but that is where the meteors appear to come from. And if your sky is dark, you will see it in South America

6. [quote name='"Sleepy nuts"']Yes, it can see it from almost everywhere, but I don't know what time is best for your time zone to watch. You'd have to look it up.[/quote]

Well it's basically est in the us, but it's an hour ahead here than the east coast. So it's 840 here right now.

7. thanks for the heads up gonna blast a few bowls and check it out!