Orin Hatch....One Crazy Mofo

Discussion in 'General' started by UncleJohn, Jul 5, 2003.

?

Current US Foreign Policy reminds me most of....

1. Capitalism at its finest

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Pre-WWII Germany

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Foreign Policy? Fuck the foreigners we just want their oil.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Business as usual for the US

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Corporate Dictatorship

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. All of the Above.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Violate copyright, lose your eyes
    10:44 PM on Wednesday, June 18, 2003

Senator Hatch Introduces Bill to Burn People’s Eyes Out. A great bit of comic relief from JZip, via Xeni Jarden and the Pho list:
    Sen. Orrin Hatch (R-Utah) today introduced legislation authorizing the use of high-powered microwave lasers to burn out the eyes of non-paying viewers of copyrighted material. “If we could develop technology which just burned out the parts of their brains where the illegal memories are stored, that’d be fine with me—but we can burn their eyes out right now!” said Hatch, while introducing the Hatch/Hollywood Eyeball Evisceration Act.

Hatch’s previous legislation authorizing the remote detonation of PCs used, or potentially used, or thought to have possibly been used, or potentially able to be used after some jumper cables and soldering, assuming a radically defective new security model, to access copyrighted material was defeated in the Senate on a 51-49 vote last week.

[Is it possible to send MICROWAVES through your monitor? Just this in itself seems like an absurd idea.]

here's the link, if you wanna check it out.....

http://algorhythm.org/archives/2003/06/18/violate_copyright_lose_your_eyes.html

2. u shoulda at least given neo conservatives an option they woulda liked...
    ...oh wait.. what am i saying... i forgot they love all that stuff... they'd vote for it all too!