Original Afghani #1 Mother Plant and Clones

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by LFAfghaniHB, May 10, 2017.

1. This is a top-down view of an org. af. #1 that I started last May and revegged into a mother plant. I decided to lollipop her so that all growth would go to the canopy. I tried something new with this grow: I am weaving the branches through chicken wire so that I have horizontal growth and have better light distribution.

This weekend it will go back in to flowering. After it is harvested, I may choose to keep it as a mother plant for clones next year and reveg through the winter.

[​IMG]

Below are an update on a previous post from several weeks ago, around April 2nd. These are the clones that I got off the above plant. They're doing great and growing tall. I have two more that look like this.

After they were plugged:

1494449399083.jpg

Today:

[​IMG]

What do you think?

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

2. Looks good. Someone posted awhile back that chicken wire was difficult to deal with at harvest because the buds grew into the wire. But I guess if you check it regularly you could keep it loosened up.
    You have some great ideas and look like you know what you are doing. You certainly know how to maximize!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  3. I am happy with the results of chicken wire so far, there is explosive growth from the branches. I will update in a month on how it looks with buds.

Thank you, I can't take credit for this idea though. A friend of mine mentioned growing peas and beans horizontally and suggested it might work for cannabis. I have a small closet that my wife gave me to grow in, so I have to capitalize on all the space I have. Luckily, I'll be able to grow the clones outside so that I can flower inside.

I'm hoping that eight weeks of flowering will give a harvest date of July 7th.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Grasscity Forum mobile app