Organized Religion

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by Ninja20p, Apr 28, 2011.

1. So, religions that have doctrines that state in absoluteness. Are they detremental? Or is it the idea of God? or maybe they are perfect for imperfect human beings?

Perhaps.
    Lets take a magnifying glass to the oldest of religions.

Christianity, Catholicism, Judaism, Rastafarianism, all follow the same books more or less, with Muslems and Islams following a similar but differently named Holy Book.

So does following these always lead to science death, or is there conditions. Why do Christians or Catholics revere evolution? Couldn't it be the way their God brings about his conditions and life? Evolution -could- be Gods work, why not?

Why do they all share so many similar ideas, I'm also conversing of Hinduism, along with the others contain a trinity of sorts, why do all these old cultures have a similar creation or flood story anyway?

What happened to the days of the Agnostic and Gnostic Christians and hense forth?

Anyone have any thoughts?

2. i think.. people are capable of having a relationship with god, and they are capable of doing this ALONE

idk why people need other people to tell them what to think

3. I'm not gonna discuss this but i like your sig.

4. it depends entirely on the individual's interpretation. some people use religion as inspiration to be good while others do everything BUT follow the core beliefs in their religion and just use it as a tool to identify allies (people that look talk & think etc. like them) with any outsiders being enemies. the two personality types really have nothing to do with people as i see it as i've seen people from all belief systems be either decent folk or be snide condescending assholes and that includes atheism too.

organized religion though feeds into the dangerous group dynamics issues where people are at their worst. someone who thinks in terms of us vs them is really dangerous when they get in ANY group that shares at least a common belief system. once one asshole starts hooting, then others join in, especially when they can gang up on an "enemy".

i'd call amish & menonite communities to be organized religion and they don't bother anybody. then again, tea party assholes a feckin' CRAZY!