Organized Religion Blows. Period.

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by Auto Rock, Sep 16, 2007.

1. The church I have been going to for the past 9 or so years is complete bull shit. They are all blind idiots who will follow the preacher without blinking. He is a manipulating piece of shit who loves power and control. He claims to be this great man of God but I don't see it. He preaches shit that isn't even in the bible and acts like it is. He dictates what people do in their lives. He went as far as to tell my brother's girlfriend to quit seeing my brother. Where in the fuck is that in the bible? Next Sunday I am thinking of going back and having a talk with him about his "connection with God." In the past month I have struggled so much with my faith because of this man. He is a tool. A worthless life. I am so mad.

Sorry guys, venting.... It sucks.

2. I concur.
    You can get away with the most extraordinary offenses to morality and to truth in this country if you'll just get yourself called Reverend.
    - Christopher Hitchens

3. Manipulating pieces of shit who love power and control are the ones who wrote the Bible. Surprised?

4. the truth hurts, but we all must face it eventually.

5. Yeah, Constantine Right? I think...

6. When you make the finding yourself -- even if you're the last person on Earth to see the light -- you never forget it.
    -- Carl Sagan

7. Good stuff, man.

8. spirituality>organized religion

9. I like this thread. :)

"Ism's are great for rational people. But in the hands of irrational people they always lead to violence" - south park. ( I think thats how the quote goes)

Sadly everyone tends to be irrational when they have a certain degree of power. So yeah, practice what you believe in, but if you try to get my money in the name of INSERT DEITY NAME HERE, be ready for a smack upside the head.

10. That reminds me of the V8 commercials.

"You could of had a Christ!"

11. So I hate America because of our president........

Which is not true- I hate our president for what is happening with America.

Not good logic you are applying.

You hate a man- not the organized religion it seems IMO.

(BTW I am not supporting organized religion, just stating that the statement you made seems flawed with the reasons you gave).

12. I hate the pastor, but I most certainly hate organized religion. Every church I have ever been to is full of hypocrites and liars. It's pathetic. I am not discrediting the bible, just the followers and the modern day church. It's sad that churches are like this now.

13. Most christians don't even read the bible. The bible speaks of marking your slaves, not letting women speak in church, killing your son/daughter for back talking to a parent, etc etc.

Organized religion is used to strike fear into the masses to follow their belief and their rules. Although there are good messages, but overall most people are scared into going to hell, as a reason to join a religion. People, an ALL LOVING God WOULD NOT create a hell to send someone to spend eternity there. :eek:

14. Every townhall I've ever been too has been full of hypocrites and Liars. As has every school. hell everywhere I've been thats populated by humans seems to be full of hypocrites and liars. Seems to me thats more a trait of humanity than of churches. As for churches being like this now, well I don't really feel like giving a history lesson but suffice to say the church(being any form of organized christianity that split from the original church formed by peter) has always been a centerpoint of suffering and injustice throughtout its whole existence.

15. I have no qualms with religion, people want to know everything is going to be alright. You'll find no answers if you're not willing to believe in anything. I guess time will only tell what death holds.