Organics watering question

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by Taylored, Feb 12, 2013.

1. I know that pH doesn't matter for organics nutrients, so is it alright to use filtered tap water to water plants with?

2. Yes. And you don't need to filter your water either. Are you trying to get rid of chlorine? Just let it sit out overnight or run an airstone in it for a few hours. If your municipal water source has chloramine in it, just mix in some citric acid (Vitamin C) and treat it like you would chlorine. I'm not sure of the amount/gallon, but I know where to find the correct ratio if you need it. If you're using tap water, it is important to know what anti-microbial is used to treat your water. Just contact your local municipal water provider.

wak

3. What if you have lots of minerals in your well water? It stains rust if it drips for awhile and when you boil it it leaves a white crusty deposit in the pan. Lime away cleans it right up so I guess it's calcium? Ph tested with a cheap ass meter was 7. Anyone know if this water would cause salts to accumulate? I am using organic soil.
    mj

4. ^^^ My well water is high in mineral content, with a pH testing at 7.8 - 8.1, depending on the season. I also get calcium buildup in over-boiled pots of water. My plants are happy. Have been for years.

What is the source of the salts that you think might accumulate? Are you using chem' fert's with your organic soil?

wak