Organics Lounge

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by mosesnumb, Jan 25, 2013.

1. I’m doing the Nutrients book again as it can get technical in places for me. His Fungi and Autoflower Cannabis books are good as well. Hitting spokesperson territory myself.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Welcome to GC @Growdo Baggins. That looks like well age manure, great score. You didn't need to purchase Teaming with microbes GIMIKs has a PDF file in the following thread.
    GiMiKs Library of Organic Gardening Books & PDF Files
    He also has a PDF for Teaming with nutrients. Another great read is Bread from Stones.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Holy shit I didn't even the he had a cannabis growing book. I might just skip to that one then back to the other Teaming ones. I'm dreading the real technical one. The guy even said himself it was a hard read.

• Like Like x 2
  4. you see them big ole white worms you might think are grubs , kill them they are japanese bettles and those are about ready to morp or what ever they do, i had watermelons with the size of a nickle holes drilled right threw it from them , first sign of them is a hole the size of a golf ball in your garden, they dont really care what the eat either

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. That's a really awesome resource. My issue is I really only ever get to books anymore when they're books on tape. Between work and family and indoor garden I get very little time to read. But I drive a shitload.

• Like Like x 1
  6. I never considered them eating the veggies. Shit. I could pick them out and throw them in the compost pile as I see them.

• Like Like x 2
  7. i prefer the smash method myself , they have a thick casing they actully pop when you pop um hahahah kinda thump, dont be holding your mouth open either, them bitchs taste like crap hahahah
    all kid aside, these thing eat my watermelons, canalope ,pumpkins , when it has finished it life cycle you just find the empty shell all intact but empty , i have had them as 2 1/2 long and big as a ping pong ball , ever time i shovel soil if i see them gross or not, you gonna here a pop hahahh

• Like Like x 2
  8. Hey that's good protein! Put em in your cereal with some cut up bananas, you'll never know the difference :biggrin:lol

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  9. take my word even soy sauce dont cover that taste hahaahh

• Funny Funny x 3
  10. 20221125_222125.jpg all transplanted and planted 20221127_154659.jpg

• Like Like x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. The pictures online look good Hopefully I do it Justice

• Like Like x 3
  12. i could use a good one in my arsenal hahahahah let me know what the smoke is like or are going for edibles with it

• Like Like x 2
  13. I'll probably be smoking it and making edibles. Usually I press my buds with a shop press for the oil and vape it. Then take the leftover pucks and make edibles. I only press the weed 1 time at low Temps 150°f so I get smaller yields but much more tasty oil. I will definitely keep you posted along the grow even if I fail lol.

• Like Like x 3
  14. A late Thanksgiving hello to my organic pals at Grasscity.

hope y’all are well.

j

• Like Like x 6
  15. I wish you the same and glad to hear from you.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Happy holidays j !

• Like Like x 3
  17. I will always recommend mixing your own and sourcing materials locally. As a new grower it’s a good time to experiment with a few different tried and true recipes you can find right here. Most of us have our own version of a Coots or no till mix. Doing this solves the problem of putting all your eggs in the same basket. If I were going to use commercial bagged products then Roots Organic bought locally and then amended w compost and bark mulch would be my pick. The cost of the KIS soil makes it a bad value.

I have never had a soil test done although I do understand how to interpret them and it mostly involves with a grain of salt. This is especially true of Mehlich III being used on soilless mixes. If I were to have a test done on my soilless mix I would use the University of Massachusetts. They use a test specifically for soilless mixes.
    Lab Services

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  18. 75 bucks for 2000 red worms . uncle jim done lost his mind
    crazy weather, all year been looking at the desert , drought , no rain
    for the past 3 weeks misty very much needed rain, so i guess christmas day i will weed eat the property and mow my green weeds hahah
    im really considering to pop a few seeds outside again this year

• Like Like x 3
  19. 20221212_090606.jpg Finally got some snow.

• Like Like x 4