Organics Lounge

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by mosesnumb, Jan 25, 2013.

1. i had one them ,wound up buying a jack hammer just to set post in ground, i live on a fault line mate, every time it rains i grow more rock , my hammer goes 19 inch deep and i concrete the post in right to the rock hahahah, hit one them poles with a vehicle and your gonna break some vehicle them post wont move hahah.
    besides that i tried to hammer some stuff last year, bad decision i spent 4 days in bed and broke some of these steel stitches in my chest , all that soil i have in my bottom garden i made, every bit of it.
    i have yet to find any place that sells just grade A soil , all of it is what they call garden soil, pretty much peat moss or saw dust or both mixed with compost , i tried it a couple years and 3 months old i was amending the stuff.
    tell you what though , if a acorn falls from a tree here in about 2 weeks you have a tree, soil is fertile as all get out but far and in between to find the soil.
    im not sire if it was this site , i posted a few trees i have here that are growing threw solid rock , some are about 20ft tall with a huge ball on top of the rock , look like a burl , over time the little crake has split open to help grow the tree but unfortunitly the last hurricane came threw here i lost 2 of them .
    my old computer took a dump on me and mama bought me a new one, i can pretty much turn it on and thats about it, the jack on the side want let me plug my camera into it , so cant post pics.
    but hey im in the 2022 crowd now with NEW SCHOOL stuff hahahah

• Like Like x 2
  2. I forgot you were on bedrock. The shale I dealt with could be chiseled with one end of the bar or smashed into smaller pieces with the other end. I can't chisel holes in rock anymore either. I'm getting too old and my back just cannot thrust that heavy bar anymore.

I understand your computer issues too. I have a chromebook now after years of using windows based computers it was a learning curve to do anything on this thing. I do still have a windows 10 mini computer. But, I have a hard time seeing the screen.

I think if I was in your rocky area. I'd look for a dwarf variety of a fruit tree that could be container grown. I know there are lots of videos on the subject online.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. i have no clue what type they are tim i just ate the apple hahahah
    should have had them out of the nursery pots a year ago, lazy lazy man around here hahaha

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. Hi yall! Great news, my son won $50,000 in that 1 billon power ball 2 weeks ago.1 # away from a billion!
    So my wife gave her car to my other son, she got my oldest son's car and he bought a nice rav 4. KIMG7487.JPG
    I got a new nova fx, the big one. The little nova lift did it's job well,but , the outer shell cracked badly after not letting it cool down.
    He's paying off my mini split air conditioners too. $2,500.00.
    Two months ago he won an all paid trip to Iceland for 2.
    If anyone deserves it ,he does. He's always been great in everyway, and then last year with the cancer diagnosis . It's nice to get a break.Hoping our good luck passes on to all here!

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Congratulations to your son. I'm happy he is on the winning side of things for a change. Yay, new toys all around. Very nice of him@Green Dragging.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. I started laughing when i started reading waiting on a punch line. That is cool.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. I started thinking about the garden gadgets that I could pile up on 50Gs after reading @GrEeN Draggings post above. It’s cool to even read about a lotto win.

What do the gadget heads think about a Hod, or harvest basket. That original one from Maine looks nice but pretty high. I’ve got a gift card that’s smoking.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Looks like they got the idea from a clamming basket. Nice idea..

• Like Like x 1
  9. Every time I’m in the dollar or box store and use those shopping baskets I think of what a nice garden helper it would be.

• Like Like x 1
  10. these 100 gal bags arent very big are they, im have to see if they have bigger ones

• Like Like x 1
  11. Tnx timj, I'm still kinda in shock,I've never won anything.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. I got this the other day, I've been holding out, I've been tempted to mistakenly put one of those box store baskets in the car.But,I'm from Brooklyn ,we don't borrow like that<_<
    Screenshot_20221127-163825.png

• Like Like x 1
  13. well that does it, i have officially lost my mind, go figure
    so no till is till as you please, so im gonna go clean out my smoking pit , cooked the best hickory smoked turkey in my life a few days ago, hope all yall had a great day, me and my lady had no kids , no grand kids, no drama , no fighting maybe that why the turkey was so great hahaha
    im thinking off limits to the parents on holidays is coming it was great hahahha
    anyway i done shovel scraped out at least half a 5 gal bucket of crude off the bottom , damn nasty job but someone gotta do it , i cant stand sauce used in my pit , but the kids love the stuff wish the knew how to use it right lol

• Like Like x 1
  14. I’ve been torn between that one and the Fiskers and those folding legs could tip the deal. Yea, I’ve thought of oops tossing it in and taking off but a shoplifting trip to :cop:don’t look fun.

• Like Like x 2
  15. I love hearing when someone I actually know wins. I won a pair of Hemp hikers once. But, that was it in my lifetime.

• Like Like x 2
  16. My girlfriend collects baskets, so I have some of those to choose from.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Guys I'm new to the forum but I wanted to share my score with someone who might care. I was loosing my mind over the dark rich worm and other tiny insect filled soil I found on my neighbors farm this weekend. I spent all weekend filling up totes and buckets and transferring it to my garden beds and compost piles. Here some pics of the soil. I'm very new to organics and just recently picked up the book Teaming With Microbes. It's been really awesome stuff to learn. That's why I was so excited when I found this soil. 20221126_140706.jpg 20221126_150843.jpg 20221126_164505.jpg 20221126_164524.jpg 20221126_164959.jpg 20221127_124519.jpg 20221127_125547.jpg

• Winner Winner x 3
  18. Welcome and I like that Teaming series.

• Like Like x 1
  19. I wasn't going to bring it inside to my pot plants bc I'm not really doing organics in there yet. Very soon I'm going to get some water only soil from kis organics. They'll walk me through everything concerning how to grow organically. I'm okay paying the extra $ for everything I can learn from them. I hope to make my own soil eventually but having someone teach me how to read a soil test seems like it'll help a lot. I've been reading a lot on their website and listen to their podcast and I honestly really like what they're doing. Jesus I'm going to sound like a spokesman. But really I'm looking for people's opinion on them. I feel like they're legit but I've not been around this scene for too long.

20. I'm in my second go through now. Of the Microbes one. It was a lot the first time through. I'm def understanding a bit more this time and am picking up on the terms. The problem is I listen to it while I'm driving. So I don't have opportunities to take notes.

• Like Like x 1