Organics Lounge

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by mosesnumb, Jan 25, 2013.

1. ya i think there might be a conspiracy of some sort,im aquarius so im a calm feller hahaha and both my boys were conceived in water /shower hahahahh

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  2. The universe is keeping an eye on you

Sent with more cow bell!?

• Funny Funny x 4
  3. kicking me all over the place too hahah

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  4. I'm just hog sitting @old shol4evr. This is my little brothers hog. His shelter is dry and has some hay in it on the left side. But, this guy only sleeps there at night. He loves being in that slop. And with the rain lately he is in his glory. My brother purchases the hog/hogs in the spring at around 130 pounds and harvests them in November or December. I'd guess he's around 300 pounds right now.

• Like Like x 5
  5. thats about right ,i really dont care for huge hogs unless im going for a lot of sausage,but ya bro here that hog would have to be wormed twice a month in the mud like that,not to mention all the disease they get,it is hot here though,does he slop um or feed them?
    i would take the wild hogs i caught and feed them bread and pasteries to combat what they usally get,i would go to the bread store and get a full rack of old bread and pasteries for 25 bucks back then,all the stuff was only out dated by one day ahaha,them boys mine was having pasteries for many breakfast back then ,they didnt mind at all .
    my pin was on concrete like i mention ,then i had a lean too for shade,id sevin dust there ass daily for flys,when you dont let them have mud ,they will waller in there shit,so they got a spray down and then i cleaned the pen every day after i feed them first.
    i use to put a bit of lime in there water trough,just a little to combat worms,worked to i only needed to worm them twice in 6 months,i lived in east texas back then so first frezze the hog made it to the pole

• Like Like x 3
  6. Decided to make a ffj last night 2 lbs of strawberries and blueberries (1lb of each) and 2 lbs of bananas. 4 lbs of raw brown sugar and a cup of labs. See what happens :smoking-banana:

• Like Like x 5
  7. He had mentioned to me when we spoke about this last year that he likes to give them a life as natural as possible. This hog gets to root, no ring in the nose. This year he is only grain feeding with some vegetable garden scraps. Last year he got all free day old pastries and vegetables from a large super market chain up here. The meat from those hogs wasn't bad. But, not as good as the farm he buys the hogs from sells. I believe he is just following the advice from the local hog farmer he purchases the hogs from. As I mentioned, I just feed them when he's on vacation and he gives me free pork when ever I ask for it. Not a bad deal for me. It's much better meat than the super market sells.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. I made some from wild blueberries last year and another batch from our peaches. I'll say the whole KNF deal is interesting. But, I believe once you get your soil and casting dialed in you really don't need the FFJ in my opinion.

• Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. I wanna inoculate some compost with it to feed my worms

• Like Like x 5
  10. I took a long hiatus i can tell my soil still needs to cycle more so I'm hoping I can speed up the process by fermenting and letting the worms dig in might put me back on track. Its definitely a struggle starting back up from nothing.

• Like Like x 5
  11. #45091 TimJ, Sep 21, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2021
    Have you invested the time and money in making OHN yet. And have you made IMO1-5. I've done it all and only used the IMO5 sparingly on new garden beds. I have lot's of time and money invested. And.. I've learned I should have concentrated more on my compost/casting game. I believe Coot and even Jerry had mention this a few times. But, being the kind of person that has to prove things to myself. I didn't listen. If your interest in a good KNF thread, falconfalcon31 has a good one.
    KNF ~~~ The Rabbit Hole thread :)

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. I’m with ya on the compost. I made a ton of knf inputs and they didn’t do much for my plants. Just more busy work. Gave em to my friends and they had best grows ever.
    I do think that using the inputs on compost is the ticket. If I was getting back in the game without a compost pile and worm bin, I would definitely go the route Jay is, and get some compost kicking to feed the worm bin. I think that using the Berkeley 18 day method for compost does such a good job, that the extra inputs aren’t needed.
    It always seemed to me that adding lacto b to leafmold piles helped em break down faster.
    Cheers
    Os

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. My pork producer uses KNF to raise heritage pork. Best pork I’ve ever had.
    Odorless Pig Technology

@Heavn I’m a Scorpio. My first wife was Aries…

• Like Like x 5
  14. Ohhhh i bet that's a fun relationship. Lots o passion

Sent with more cow bell!?

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  15. Thanks for the interesting article FickySiskers. I'll pass it on to my brother. I was thinking of spraying the pen area with lactobacillus serum as I can smell it from my house. I'm going to add a few tablespoons of lactobacillus serum to his water too.

• Like Like x 4
  16. The many uses of labs is pretty amazing

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. It was definitely a roller coaster…

It’s amazing to walk up to their ranch and you would never guess they raised hogs, beef, venison, goat, and lamb. The livestock is super healthy and no smell.

• Like Like x 4
  18. I'm sure bokashi will help considerably!

I had absolute shit soil two years ago. I mixed in biochar and 3" of compost (CoM) to about an 8 inch depth along with Gypsum, kelp and a weak spreading of epsoma garden-tone, covered it with another inch of compost and 3 inches of shredded straw mulch. After it settled I watered exclusively with AACT (both bacterial and fungal dominant) ever since. Used my castings and frass as a top dress for my plants and played with foliar feeding.

I kind of went all out with getting into organics, but if you're rehabbing tired soil I think you'll have kick ass results if you start from the ground up (pun intended) with an initial till of compost, biochar and aact, thick mulch, topdressing with more compost/castings and going LIGHT on added nutrients.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. guess winter is here,couldnt find a sweat shirt for nothing this morning,49 this time of year ,crap had my tetth chattering hahaha.
    got the onion bed turned and fertilized for the onions in nov,thought hey amend and let it sit till the onions get here,if you all are interested in 1015 onions ,you need to reserve them now,delivery dates for shipping are difrent for zones,so mine will get here mid nov,finally found some elephant garlic and planted them last sat ,brocille and cauliflower is about inch high and love that led light,was to hot outside and sun scorched the last batch,so out come the light i use for secondary in the tent and like that 3 days later all cups are producing life.
    might give that a try dobro,it is hot here all though this morning threw a curve ball hahah
    dixondale farm.com for the onions,ive used them 2 years now ,and they even email you when it time to fertilize the onions,great sucess with them both times

• Like Like x 3
  20. Local news is saying that with all that’s went on this year we are expecting a really good Apple harvest. I’m wanting to track some down this week since my quest for fresh fruit led to some really bland peaches. I needed to drink a bottle of pancake syrup with them for taste. I did get some good bananas and a cantaloupe while spinning the wheel of chance fruit shopping. Those peaches looked great with good texture and not mushy but no flavor at all.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1