Organics Lounge

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by mosesnumb, Jan 25, 2013.

1. #42401 puffnstuff1960, Jun 20, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2020
    Mine have been eating my young tender cucumber shoots - right when they put out first set of leaves and I’m left with a vertical 1” bare stalk.

Lil’ bastards. I planted a ton of new seeds last weekend and have shoots popping up now. Hoping for at least a handful of plants as that’ll be enough.

j[/QUOTE]

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. :wave::metal:

I don’t like slugs either!

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. #42403 Lawlerskates, Jun 22, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2020
    I've got a progress update for you fellas. The plants have gone into the tent. I was doing some reading on dimming MH/HPS bulbs and saw some articles and others talking about how it supposedly can shift the color spectrum a bit and is little less efficient than running a bulb at its full power output. Instead I found recommendations of using a 600w MH bulb at the 600w dim setting. I can confirm it seems to work perfectly fine, I never knew it was a possibility but I'm glad I know about it now. I am using vivosun ballast and bulbs in case anyone is wondering. The current plan is use the 600w for 3 weeks than switch to the 1000w for 4 weeks and begin flowering after that.

The bottom leaves are brown due to being under watered a week or so ago, I got a bad stye and couldn't tend to them. The 4 middle plants are the final contestants that will eventually end up in 25 gallon fabric pots. The corner ones were just transplanted and watered, but will be pulled out at some point.
    (click for full size image)
    Resized_20200622_043544.jpeg Resized_20200622_043601.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  4. I use to think that people who drank coffee in hot weather were crazy yet here I am, in 90plus heat, having that cup of coffee. I’m hooked. :coffee:

• Like Like x 5
  5. I was thinking about converting our property to a USDA conservation stewardship program and getting federal grant money to provide a habitat for certain species like pollinators and butterflies. You don’t get much money but I was hoping to also have school field trips for education and that would be the main source of income. Our property is already listed as a farm and we fill out a ridiculously long survey to keep it listed. I was thinking of ways to use that official listing and still be cheap to set up. I can get money for monarch butterflies with USDA and another place gives money for swallowtail and other butterflies. I just need to get our property inspected for resource harm like erosion or water quality. So I’m not sure if I want them out here testing whatever they want. We may have a species of animal that is listed as endangered and if that is found on the property, we won’t be able to sell it because you aren’t allowed to build or remodel. @Chunk probably knows what animal I’m talking about and why I’m not saying much. Lol

• Like Like x 5
  6. That's where the damn Samsquanch are hiding! I knew it. Just kidding
    cheers
    os

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. I don't think that's it OS, As I found his trail while hiking the other day. 20200620_143338.jpg

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 3
  8. [/QUOTE]

Yea my greens were looking like Swiss cheese early on but that slug magic slug bait works wonders. I sprinkled a border around all the raised beds and around the plants that were being most targeted. I did another application after first application started to dissolve. So far looks like its doing the trick not seeing any new damage. I believe bonide makes the product id have to double check but pretty sure its organic and safe if i recall i think its iron and phosphate and yhe slugs eat it then get sick. The beer in a jar works but pain to constantly fill the jar and have to waste a lot if valuable beer lol

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 6
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. @Chunk can you please delete the above post. Thank you!

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Everything is blooming away at my house love this time of the summer!
    [​IMG] Asiatic Lily’s with dwarf Japanese maple in the background
    [​IMG] new addition to the flower beds hybrid Tea rose smells as beautiful as it looks [​IMG] yellow day-Lily’s [​IMG] blue hydrangeas starting to come out shell be a fuller deeper blue in a week or so.[​IMG] Dianthus[​IMG] yellow & Red roses[​IMG] pink roses

• Winner Winner x 7
    • Like Like x 6
  11. Lovely flowers! I have similar lillies that aren’t even close to blooming yet. I have some Asiatics called ‘Rosella’s Dream’ and some Orientals called ‘Stargazer’. Yours would go just perfect with those two. I also have some mixed Asian and oriental lillies that will be a surprise when they show.
    All your flowers look terrific! Love your choices!
    Cheers
    Os

• Like Like x 4
  12. Thanks OS ! Those sound cool im going to have too look into those! Lol can never have too many flowers. I like to pack the flower beds out front with as many different perennials as i can. I try to make it so I theres always something blooming. Going to look into the orientals ...I assumed asiatic and asian were synonymous i guess theres even more varieties than I thought! Thanks man have a great night!

• Like Like x 4
  13. [​IMG] The fan leaves on this pheno look so cool. This is a hybrid my friend made. Its Van Helsing (secret society seeds) X Lemon Skunk(DNA).... my buddy named it Piss N Vanegar. Thought the name was pretty clever. I have several females of this strain outside and one runt inside. This is one of the more promising looking phenotypes of them all.

• Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Asiatic Lillies bloom earlier than the Oriental Lillies. There are also hybrids out as well, I just discovered called ‘orienpet’ lillies. I ordered some in fact.
    I just started an Ornamental Flower thread here in the organic section, feel free to pop in and share any of those beauties you grow or chat about em!
    Cheers
    Os

• Like Like x 7
  15. Absolutely gorgeous!

I’d really like to take some mushrooms and walk around your yard and look at all those colors!! Lol

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. Very pleased with these new roses. They even have the classic rose smell. Noticing that a lot of the new hybrid roses dont have the smell. I was told by a woman at the nursery that specializes in roses that most roses are bred for looks and disease resistance so smell isnt a common trait anymore. These ones definitely got the looks and smell. Hopefully the disease resistance is there aswell... IMG_4109.JPG

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 5
  17. Beautiful ! Tnx!

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. More lilys opening up everyday!!![​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum @organicsinse will you post tge link to the organic flower thread you started Thankyou!

• Like Like x 14
  19. ^^^^Spectacular lillies, what a great mix of colors! That dark one is pretty cool, I love the way lillies show Those bicolors.
    The thread is here in the organic section called “Ornamental Flower Thread”. I will bump ya from there. C U soon.
    Chee4
    Os

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1