Organics Lounge

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by mosesnumb, Jan 25, 2013.

1. #38941 Sc00byD00bie, Feb 8, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2019
    I tried to tell a chemistry joke once but I got no reaction.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 4
  2. Awesome, i think this one is my favorite,
    Why was Heisenberg a terrible lover?
    When he found the right position he could never find the right speed,
    when he found the right speed he could never find the right position.
    Or maybe one for your LED thread, ''Resistance is not futile, it's voltage divided by current''

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Thanks for the knowledge! I’m gonna stick to foliar of alfalfa/kelp. I don’t really understand much of the chemical reactions. I understand the ph swing and the correcting it. The basics have been working for me as far as I know. First time. But it really has been simple. Humus and done. And bigger pots.

I’d like to have been hydro first almost, so then I’d have to learn the salts and what exactly a plant is using.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  4. #38944 Possuum, Feb 8, 2019
    one can find everything they would need to grasp a basic understanding by reading in the sticky knowledge library everything posted on cation exchange capacity. that's the basic explanation that discusses cation (+'s) and anion (-'s) interaction and what it means to the medium and the plant.

it was my leaping off point anyway. a fella posting here by the nom de guere "LD" explained it pretty well herein way, way, back in 2010'ish. i'll personally be forever grateful for him starting me down that path. it's "the big secret" for consistently successful grows.

• Like Like x 3
  5. @MidwestMover

Here's the link to the post that contains several of the academic papers of which @Possuum speaks. All of the papers are downloadable.

GiMiKs Library of Organic Gardening PDF Files

• Like Like x 4
  6. Thank you. Do you know where I can get some herring sperm so I can propagate better?:laughing.I actually had my first clones root and I’m confident that the coconut water i watered in the day before helped. That and the aloe filet, kelp, and honey. Would coconut water be more beneficial to set cuts in also while in the process. Compared to the aloe water I make to hold them in.

Also on the chelation paper I notice water is not a chelating agent. I’m making botanicals with no fulvic, so am I getting anything out of it?

B-12 it’s a chelating agent but I never hear mention of anyone using it? In an organic setting what is this hurting to use, I’m new to the products and what they do? I see it next to the super thrive people bash. I’m just trying to learn why some things are beneficial or cheap or easily made, and which ones are not beneficial. If that makes sense.

• Like Like x 1
  7. #38947 MidwestMover, Feb 8, 2019
    Is Mammoth P just the enzyme protease? I thought I heard they use alfalfa. Wouldn’t that be the sub for straw making the enzyme stay alive. Or am I way off course?

Paragraph above bio- fertilizers heading
    IMG_2505.JPG

8. The coconut water contains a cytokinin called zeatin. Cytokinins promote cell division in mature cells. Coconut water is used in tissue culture propagation so I don't doubt it helped in your clones rooting.

Using the search string site:edu tissue culture propagation coconut water will pull up a bunch of academic papers.

• Like Like x 3
  9. TBH, I'm not a big fan of buying microbes in a bottle especially for the hefty price they command. In my experience, I can create the necessary microbes needed for optimal plant growth with my worm bin and malted barley flour.

Just me though,

YMMV

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. On the cheap and easily made side of things there are lacto bacillus serums. Cheap and very effective, was also my fisrt venture into cheese making.
    EDT Just noticed you were talking about cloning, tbh it's the only thing i've never tried it on, on everything else (foliar, soil drench, composting so on...) it seems beneficial as long as you dont go overboard (by monthly max, less in flower)

• Like Like x 2
  11. #38951 Possuum, Feb 9, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2019
    Two fer Tuesday on a saturday morning. as it's been said, "Fuck Yeah!" . :smoking:

been there, done that

here too....

:apache:

• Like Like x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  12. I'm sure they would vote yes as well :D

• Like Like x 2
  13. ''Hope i die before i get old''.......fail

• Like Like x 2
  14. "Talkin bout MY generation"
    cheers
    os

• Like Like x 3
  15. Lol glad it wasn't just me

Sent on my pet rock using my upgraded sling shot!

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. You may want to Monitor your water if it gets that extreme. i feel like a PH of 12 could definitely cause some complications especially early on when your soil life may not be fully developed, but yes it is true, if you’re doing an organic grow and have facilitated a healthy living soil food web with beneficial microbes and fungi the soil should take care of the PH. You should consider using oyster shell or dolomite lime or some type of Ph buffering amendment. Also try to stay away from bottled “organic” nutrients like foxfarm unless youre sure they aren’t chelated. Dumping Chelates into a living soil can upset the balance of microbes as it bypasses their process.

17. #38959 Possuum, Feb 11, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
    morning sativa....:GettingStoned:

s.jpg

srv made it famous. jimi wrote and played it first...

2-3 more weeks....:smoking-banana:

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. Worms can do it all, except, perhaps, jack off a herring. LOL

Wet

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2