Organics Lounge

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by mosesnumb, Jan 25, 2013.

1. Interesting, that would surely help prevent any molds! what dilution do you use for that?

2. I use 1 cup 3% h2o2 to 5 gallons h2o.

Between that and my dedicated dry room at 70/50. The only botrytis I see anymore is left in the field. I use to lose a lot.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. These are at 2 weeks above ground with the 2 smaller ones 3 days behind under a 315 cmh running at 245w. This is one of those pics where people ask 'What's with the bags and the bands around the bottom?', What light is that?, Why are the 2 middle ones different than the bigger ones? What's that tube hanging down? etc. Haa! Bigger ones are NHS regular from Mr. Nice, hoping for 4 girls but 3 is fine too. Smaller ones are fem Blueberry from seedsman, tube is from sugar and yeast Co2 generator, I've been using the bags for 2.5 years successfully. Bands on bottom are for support. Taa Daa! Haa! Ready for flower tent in another week or 2. [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. How are you running a 315’s at 245w???? You’re changing the manufacture’s spectrum to something unknown when you do that and could lead to damaging the bulb. Plants look good! I’ve grown Blueberry before, yummy stuff!!

• Like Like x 2
  5. might be the ballast? mine is a sunsystem and it says it runs at about 355w at the wall? idk thats a diff ballast than mine so im clueless too!

• Like Like x 1
  6. The newer 315 set ups are dimmable . They are set up like the 1000watt hps , 50%, 75%, 100% and super witch I’m
    Guessing is around 380-400watts

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. hey guys so I’ve been trying to post this to forums for sick plants but I’m not getting any responses and I’ve had great luck with you all so I figured I’d post it on here. So I have something which I thought was a mag deficiency and I gave Epsom salt about a week ago and not seeing any change. Anyone have an idea what this could be from? Ph fluctuations? Nute lockout? This is my first grow so I’m learning as I grow IMG_1534972368.836405.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  8. Hi Blazinraisin, is this happening on all or just a few leaves? Top, bottom, both? are your plants in soil and can you tell us exactly whats in it? Are you in veg or flower? Also a few shots of the whole plant including pot, and a shot of top growth will give a better picture.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. I have 3 plants and it is bad on only this one plant although the others are starting to show some signs of it as well. It’s on most established leaves and doesn’t effect new growth right away. The plants are in 2 Gal smart pots filled with FFOF, about 30-40% perlite, maybe 10% black gold and small amount of bio -live. I haven’t been feeding them anything thus far although the past couple of watering I used Epsom salt thinking that the problem was a mag def. The plants are still in the veg stage and growing slowly because i haven’t been feeding an I’m using a screw in led light fixture that I made until my exhaust fan comes in so I can use my 400w hps. Here are the pics IMG_1534977408.834775.jpg IMG_1534977426.302219.jpg IMG_1534977434.886064.jpg

And here it is on another plant but not nearly as bad IMG_1534977477.988537.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  10. Id wait for more opinions but my guess is your soil ran out of oompf, or didnt have enough to begin with. Also, plant looks like it can use a transplant into more soil right about now, preferably into its final pot size without steps in the middle.
    Depending on how much time you have or for your next round i would recommend you read up on making a good organic soil, you will thank yourself later.
    No-Till Gardening: Revisited
    Easy Organic Soil Mix for Beginners

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. DSCN7587.JPG DSCN6544.JPG
    Ballast is adjustable. Knob on the side. 190w 245w 315w Super Lumen. I don't use Super Lumen, it gives me sunburn! Haa! DSCN6544.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  12. It looks like toxicity. Maybe back your nitrogen feed down some and see if that helps.

13. I bet! Hortilux was saying I need to wear proper protection against their 315’s, prolly because of the extra UV so I just try to limit my time in there!

• Like Like x 1
  14. Good advise. I wear the uv glasses in there.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Today marks the saddest day in music for me personally.
    Stevie Ray Vaughan had kicked the drugs and alcohol and was playing better than ever but that was short lived due to an incompetent helicopter pilot.
    Hard to believe it's been 28 years since we lost one of the absolute greatest guitarists ever.
    "We all have missed you, and the way you grinned."

"Stevie Ray Vaughan was 35 when he died in a helicopter crash outside East Troy, Wisconsin, August 27, 1990.

The previous day, Vaughan had relayed to his bandmates a disturbing dream he had where he witnessed his own funeral. That evening, the guitarist, with his band Double Trouble, joined as special guests for a concert at the Alpine Valley Musical Theater, along with Eric Clapton, Buddy Guy, Robert Cray and Vaughan’s big brother, Jimmie.

After the show, four helicopters, owned and operated by Omniflight Helicopters Inc., were reserved to fly the artists and their crews back to Chicago. One helicopter was reserved for Stevie, Jimmie and Jimmie's wife Connie. Members of Clapton’s crew, however, had already taken seats on the helicopter when the Vaughans arrived to board.

Eager to return to Chicago, Stevie asked Jimmie and Connie for the last seat. With dense fog settling in, the helicopters began departing at 1 a.m. Jeff Brown, the pilot of Vaughan’s helicopter, banked sharply to the left about a half-mile after take off. The helicopter collided into a ski slope; everyone on board was killed instantly. Reports of the accident didn't begin surfacing until the morning when the helicopter failed to reach its destination of Meigs Field in Chicago. Double Trouble members Tommy Shannon and Chris Layton began thinking the worst when Vaughan’s hotel room in Chicago was found empty. Shortly after 7 a.m. Jimmie was called to identify his brother’s body.

That afternoon, radio and television broadcasts confirmed Vaughan had died aboard the ill-fated helicopter. Fans sought refuge at Zilker Park in Austin, Texas, to mourn the city’s favorite son. Many expressed the tragic senselessness of Vaughan’s death in light of his recovery from a public battle with drugs and alcohol a few years prior. Stevie Ray Vaughan was buried at Laurel Land Memorial Park in Dallas, Texas. More than 1,500 people, including Jimmie and fellow musicians Stevie Wonder, Bonnie Raitt, Dr. John, Buddy Guy and Jackson Browne, among others, attended the funeral. A Stevie Ray Vaughan Memorial Statue was dedicated at Auditorium Shores on Lady Bird Lake, where Vaughan played a number of shows throughout his career. The cause of the helicopter accident was attributed to pilot negligence.

Jeff Brown, a veteran airplane pilot, had little experience operating a helicopter in inclement weather. In 1995 Jimmie and his mother Martha Vaughan sued Omniflight for negligence. The family was awarded an undisclosed sum."

2013-10-19-LastCallSRV.jpg
    d1db8682cdd3158e53d1f502de55869b--stevie-ray-vaughan-black-and-blue.jpg
    cd2dceeed5072d35dcb42690543d9a77--stevie-ray-vaughan-musicians.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. 6674c577783cc29f9184e20463c629d3---years-ago-today--years.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. I always talk about the need to be careful of overwatering. I'd like to share a little mishap I had a couple of weeks ago and to show how even in extreme case of underwatering plants can still bounce back and recover relatively quickly (as apposed to damage caused by overwatering which can destroy the root system).

About a week ago I found a couple of my seedlings severely under-watered, completely wilted and looking rather dead.
    IMG_3508.jpg

Following Douglas Adams sage advice I managed to not panic, gave them a good drench and foliar spray with just water. A few hours later the one on the left started to bounce back but no signs of life from the right one, I was starting to think it was a goner. Nonetheless, I kept foliar spraying it every day and made sure the soil stayed moist, I had little hope for the right plant however. After a few days I was surprised to find the top had started growing again on the "dead" plant, it was ALIVE! :jump:
    IMG_3518.jpg

So I trimmed off all the lower leaves and any necrosis on the top area, and kept foliar for a few more days.
    This is today, you can see the right one is smaller and lagging behind the other but it completely bounced back and is back to being a happy healthy seedling (you can see the two in the front of the pic below)!
    IMG_3523.jpg

So this is just to prove the point I always make that it;s always better to underwater then it is to overwater! Better to water a day late then to do it too often and risk damaging the root system.

:apache:

• Like Like x 5
  18. Got the girls bent over all over the scrog. 30 days above ground. The Blueberry kids have pistils today! They're beautiful. 1 of the NHS is showing male, but the others aren't showing yet.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3

19. Let's start this Labor day weekend off right. I've been singing this song in my head all day. Just had an after work toke and threw on a Dead record. Europe 72'

Enjoy!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. I had an OOPS last grow too bro. Next one will be more focused and successful for us both!

• Agree Agree x 1