Organics Lounge

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by mosesnumb, Jan 25, 2013.

1. I said 'Alexa, order the jumbo magnum condoms' She said 'Ha Ha Ha don't flatter yourself, would you like to try the mini jimmies?' Bitch musta been peeking.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Hey guys, I just re potted my plants into 2 gallon smart pots.
    I used ffof with about 40% perlite and I added some dte bio-live to two of the pots mix as an experiment.
    So the second day of them being in their new pots I walked in the room to go check on them and it was very stinky. It smelled like a nasty river or ocean. I know that the Bio-live is made mainly of fish bone meal, fish meal and other ocean based products. I was concerned at first that the pots weren’t draining well and that the smell was caused by that but I believe it’s just from the bio live. Also the pot that doesn’t have the bio live doesn’t seem to smell. Other than that they look pretty happy. I’m wanting to get them in a scrog before long. I topped once but I’m not seeing much growth from the new branches. Should I start bending the branches to try and get more light in those areas and begin getting the plant to grow horizontally? This is my first grow btw so any advice or direction is greatly appreciated. 80E91711-DB4D-43B1-93C1-82772D151ADE.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  3. They're looking good BR. I just popped TOxPCK,

• Like Like x 1
  4. Hey Blaze, since you topped them they will grow slowly now. Bending and pinning down the branches will help get more light in there. Maybe just my inferior growing ability, but topping has never worked well for me. They get stunted and produce about 1/2 of what I let grow out a bit and keeping the bottom of the plants cleaned out of little branches that won't do much. I'm a 'Send the power to the top' guy! Haa!
    DSCN7178.JPG
    DSCN7239.JPG DSCN6735.JPG

• Like Like x 5
  5. Holy shit! The TOxPCK? Truly Oblique crossed with Perverted Cow Kicker! That might be some kind of super cannabis! Haa!

• Funny Funny x 3
  6. Tickle Otter x Pimp Chronic Kracker lol

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. Troubled Orphan crossed with Pimp Chronic Kracker. That's a troubled kracker! Haa!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Man, I'd burn that Troubled Kracker in a flash if it'd get me high

But that Titanic Orgasm x Power Cough Kush does it every time
    Lol

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. If it was The One x Pakistan Chitral Kush id be all over it.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. One Titanic Chronic Orgasm x Power Kracker Kush. Smells like pussy and you will get off for sure!
    All over the place.
    Haa!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Hey guys so I’m a little over a month into these plants and I’m starting to develop some rust spots and lighter green areas between the veins of my leaves. Could this be a cal mag issue or something else? C85AD53C-9B5F-420F-95B7-776B784F1006.png Also I found this small bug on one of the plants the other day and I’m wondering if he could have part to do with this? To me it looks like a leafhopper after some research but I am not positive. Any advice on the spots and the bug issue would be awesome. Thank you

• Like Like x 1
  12. This is the bug I found on the plant. AF0D1B32-7498-4E16-A91A-B0CA01721ADD.png

• Like Like x 1
  13. Leaf hopper, I see them every now and again, 2x IPM sprays a week Citrus Herb Tonic & Neem Oil works pretty well for veg. Keeps the plants nice and clean going into flower.

Green lacewing larva during flower keeps them well in check. I also use Lady Bugs, predator mites, & beneficial nematodes.

Freedom in Sustainable Gardening

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Do you think that the leaf hopper is responsible for the light color in between the veins and the dark rust or brown spots?

• Like Like x 1
  15. I want to say no, not in my experience, and I’ve had an infestation level of leaf hoppers before.
    Is water pooling at that point on the leaf?
    Maybe an oil based IPM gone wrong? Could also be soil PH,
    to much of a nutrient,
    or not enough...
    you could spend days trying to figure out the problem and not know at all. When in doubt I just leave things alone, check my watering PH levels, make sure they’re in a good range. It will also take a few days to a week after you correct a problem before you start seeing results, so patience is key.

• Like Like x 1
  16. The rust colored spots are calcium and maybe magnesium deficiency. Most of the cal/mag supplements work well enough, but I use the True brand that only takes 1ml per gal and has helped me with the same rust colored spots you have. Whatever cal/mag supplement you use might just need to be increased a little bit. Epsom salt works wonders for that too. 1/2 tsp. per gal might help. The little leaf hopper isn't a worry bro. It won't lay alien cannabis eater bugs on your plants! Haa! DSCN7366.JPG

17. Anyone use H2O2 as a pre germination soak for beans?
    Was doing a search on hydrogen peroxide (using it to sterilize coir for cloning) and I found that some recommend using it as a soak for seeds to improve germination rates, so just wondering if anyone here uses it for that purpose?

How Does Hydrogen Peroxide Affect Seed Germination? | Hunker

• Like Like x 1
  18. I do @Sc00byD00bie usually a couple drops in water before they soak. It kills the pathogens. A breeder gave me the tip. He goes through boatloads of seed.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Cool, I might try it when i pop my next beans. Did you see the difference not only in germination but growth rate of the seeds that got the H2O2 in the video I posted? Looks like it really kick starts the first days of growth. I wonder if its more do to from the sterilization effect or from the added oxygen, probably a bit of both.

Edit: Makes me think of the fact that in prehistoric times, there was more oxygen in the air and as a result all life was bigger. Animals, plants, everything was humongous compared to animals and plants today.

• Like Like x 1
  20. I started using it for seed when I got a batch of seed. I was having issues with the seedlings getting started. They would start out great then just die off. I was pretty sure it was something on my end. Once I started using h2o2 and sterilizing the seed mix my problems went away. Nice call btw on using h2o2 for sterilization of the media. That was a duh moment for me.

I used 35% h2o2 in my aquaponic system many years ago. The fish and plants benefited. I also use it pre harvest bud wash. It stops everything plus cleans my outdoor buds before hanging. I can load up the fogger spray the whole plant down then chop and hang whole.

• Informative Informative x 1