Organics Lounge

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by mosesnumb, Jan 25, 2013.

1. So I was wondering if I should use full amount of gypsum in my new batch of soil because I have dolomite and oyster shell flour already should i use less? I know it has less buffering just didn' wanna over do it

• Like Like x 1
  2. gypsum is not a buffer really, its added mostly for sulfur content and soil structure.

• Like Like x 2
  3. not too shabby for first time, although i would start thinking of getting a better light source. what light are you using now?

• Like Like x 2
  4. 1 cup per cubic foot?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Also got my rock dust today :jump:lol who else get this excited over a bag of minerals?.. 20180222_130752.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  6. I do! Lol

Mail man just handed me a box and it was so heavy! So second there I was like “wtf did I order???” 36lbs of Greensand

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Anyone else having trouble with the android app? Wasn't able to log in at all yesterday and today it says no topics under the organic section.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Skunk 1 is 23 days old from seed. 20180223_082046.jpg 20180223_082056.jpg they grow up so fast :roflmao:

• Like Like x 5
  9. Sup GCO,

Want to have a laugh? Today I ran out of what I thought was malted barley. So I went on the inet to order a new bag of it. I just found out I've been using malted wheat for enzymes! :roflmao:

Well it hasn't done anything bad. Can't wait to see if switching to 2 row barley will actually do something though. At least no harm was done to my budz:apache:...

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. Hello all! Hope everyone is well. I'm just wondering if anyone has any tips on good russet mite control for blooming plants. Currently we're using Plant Therapy, which is about 40% Soybean Oil, 1% Peppermint Oil, and 59% Water/Isopropyl Alcohol lol. And for plants in Veg, we're using Triazicide (Spectracide).... what can I say? It's not my grow, I don't make the decisions, otherwise it'd be more organic lol. But the head grower is open to suggestions, especially for the plants in bloom.

• Like Like x 4
  11. #37831 Possuum, Feb 24, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2018
    Happy Highs Gandalf. I can not over emphasize the effectiveness of pyrethrin for knocking down mites (and a whole lot of other critters). I think we all already know about the effectiveness of azadirachtin (neem). You can get this on Azon for $35, and it is NOP approved.

Azera Gardening

If you dont care about the NOP you can use this product and simply wash it off the next day and following days with plain water. No problems.

Gordon's Permethrin 10 Livestock and Premise Spray, 8 oz. at Tractor Supply Co.

For either of these products a dilution rate of 1 tsp per gallon (1/4 tsp per qt) will kill the mites on contact. I also recommend spraying the soil for any mites on the surface. Specifically pyrethrin has a very, very short half life. Permethrin slightly longer. Neither are phytotoxic. Hose your plants down until they can barely stand up getting the meristem from soil line all the way up, the undersides of the leaves, the leaf stems, and even the budZ as required. Do it right once and you wont have to repeat but if you have the time spray, skip a day, spray, wash as you desire otherwise forget about it. Your call.

Good luck but you really wont need luck. Pyrethrin is perfectly safe and 100% effective and it kills mites on contact. Cheers!

• Like Like x 8
    • Informative Informative x 2
  12. Great! Now I don't feel as much like the Lone Ranger for ordering a 44lb bag of Greensand.

For me, it is a *fast release* rock dust, *fast release* being relative. LOL

Cheers
    Wet

• Like Like x 4
  13. Ok so here is the skunk 1 yesterday 23 days in veg....should we top it and take the bottom 2 branches for clones or take the bottom 4 and scrog it leaving the top on. 20180223_082046.jpg 20180223_082056.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  14. Most major cities have decriminalized i believe. Austin cops really don't care about weed at all but it has almost become a settlement of Cali. If you move to the country you can get a couple acres outside city limits for pretty cheap and the laws become less important. The cost of living is going up pretty quickly here but still much better than Cali. Usually first offenders get probation too.

the quantum leap: multi strain perpetual
    Indoor organic

Dylan goes electric... err Auto

15. Who is this masked Mithrandir?

J

• Like Like x 6
  16. Here is the veg/Clone tent. 20180225_182138.jpg 20180225_192539.jpg 2 skunk #1 Clones just cut them.

• Like Like x 5
  17. Thank you Possum! This grower typically uses Azamax.... I've told him about how Cold-Pressed Neem Oil is more diverse and effective, but he has tried both and for some reason prefers Azamax lol. But the Azamax has not been effective for the Russet Mites.

Spraying thoroughly and effectively should not be a problem.... we recently acquired an atomizer, and this sucker is like a wind cannon lol I can't believe the plants can stand up afterward, especially the little guys.

So if you had 1 chance to really impress the head grower with an effective product to end these mites' life cycle, and NOP is not an issue, would you go with Azera or the Gordons? Sounds like maybe the Azera, b/c it has the Pyrethrin?

lol I told everyone I would make my return, I just didn't expect it to take this long. Mithrandir, the Wanderer, does not get to choose his own path, but walks what is laid before him. Or something slightly less cheesy, but just as dramatic lol.

Yeah, I'm getting a foothold in the industry, in California now. It's an exciting time out here, since they basically re-wrote their entire Cannabis law, released it Dec 7th, and it took effect Jan 1st lol. Everyone is scrambling their asses off lol. I got in with a buddy of mine who has a "microbusiness" (<10K sq ft of canopy), and am doing a 50/50 mixture of legal work and physical labor (cuttings, transplanting, watering, etc). It's a fun gig!

Dude, really good to see you guys still here, Jerry, Possum, Wet, etc..... I'm glad I get to keep learning from you guys, as I get more experience, instead of just the book learning I had in the past. I hope you're doing well man!

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 3
  18. @Gandalf_the_Green i'd do the Azera product as it's a natural product and it has a very low half-life, however, if i had mites of any kind i would select whichever product i could get my hands on first.

How's the lab testing mandate issue coming along out there? IIRC pesticide testing was on the legal movement agenda. Just FYI that's where the half-life parameters and leaf washing will come into play. No worries. Once you use pyrethrin or permethrin for garden bugs you'll never go back.

Pyrethrin is the essential oil from chrysanthemum cinerariifolium.

Cheers mate!

• Like Like x 8
  19. Another good reason not to use Azamax.
    http://www.oregon.gov/ODA/programs/Pesticides/Documents/2018Advisories/AzaMax.pdf

• Like Like x 9
  20. I do 1/2c per CF.

• Like Like x 4