Organics Lounge

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by mosesnumb, Jan 25, 2013.

1. If these are rhizobia nodules, then they ought to be pink/red on the inside. Rhizobia use a type of hemoglobin called leglobin or leghemoglobin (leg for legumes) to hold onto oxygen and prevent it from deactivating the nitrogenase enzyme used in fixation. This hemoglobin gives the nodules a characteristic pink color. If it isn't pink, there isn't likely to be any fixation occuring. AFAIK cannabis does not form associations with N-fixing bacteria. This would be the first I have heard of it.

Besides root knot nematodes, there are some other pathogens that can cause the development of galls on roots including Agrobacterium.

• Like Like x 6
    • Informative Informative x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Happy new year to you too brother and thanks for the tips .... after some searching and reading I was convinced it was root knot nematodes .... so i scrapped the old infected soil (but saved it to dry it out comp through the winter and summer then reactivate it with compost/tea alfalfa next outdoor growing season and use it to grow plants that supress them but didnt know specifically what (other than marigolds) so thanks a bunch man ... I have a startong point now for my next reading thanks to you

Check out my current Organic Fruit Garden:
    DrCannaP's Organic Fruit Garden
    and my previous Organic Run:
    The Doc's 2Strain Trial Organic Run: Tangerine Dream & Pineapple Chunk.
    and my previous QuadStrain grow :
    Thr Doc's 4 strain MMJ garden: CBD Critical Cure and more ;-)
    and my previous TriStain grow :
    The Docs TriStrain adventure: (White Widow, Bubblelicious and Amnesia) Waterfarmed and SCROGed

• Like Like x 2
  3. Thanks for the info brother ... the cut surface of the bodules was root color and white a bit variegated.... didnt look like N fixing nodules

Check out my current Organic Fruit Garden:
    DrCannaP's Organic Fruit Garden
    and my previous Organic Run:
    The Doc's 2Strain Trial Organic Run: Tangerine Dream & Pineapple Chunk.
    and my previous QuadStrain grow :
    Thr Doc's 4 strain MMJ garden: CBD Critical Cure and more ;-)
    and my previous TriStain grow :
    The Docs TriStrain adventure: (White Widow, Bubblelicious and Amnesia) Waterfarmed and SCROGed

• Like Like x 3
  4. As always, I’m on my way over!

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Clover too!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Screenshot_20180112-111537.png spring here we come

• Like Like x 5
  7. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Got my geo bins and cleaned up some of the mess. One is full of compost and the other is old raised bed soil that was full of squash bugs and slugs. Both were full of worms and will be ran through the worm bins before use.

I bought 3 so I can have one to start in, one to turn into and the 3rd will be to finish in and store til use.

I now have plenty of feed, just need to build that flow thru bin I've been talkin about for the last 2 years lol.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 10
  8. I do the same thing using many bins. "Forking" from one bin to an empty one is the ticket. The quality of my compost has gone up leaps and bounds since I started doing that. Its the easiest most efficient way to get whats on the top to the bottom and vice versa. I try to keep a bin with some shredded leaves handy, that I can add as I'm forking, in case I find some 'green rich" pockets. I also put a pallet under mine to lift it up off the ground for when the spring melt comes and floods things a bit.
    I use something similar to the fencing that is in the back ground for making bins. I just wire together 2 ends and have an instant circular bin. Its real wet here so I have no issues with stuff blowing away. I can see where those geo bins would be great for a drier climate.
    Very Nice!
    cheers
    os

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. I used that fence around my fruit trees when I planted them last spring to keep my dog from chewing them. I thought about using it but I was watching a One Yard Revolution video and my wife liked the look of them so we ordered them because as I have said before, she likes things to look neat and tidy and my pile in the first pic was drivin her crazy LOL.
    We do usually get alot of rain fall thru spring but it's been dryer than normal so far. I'm on a slope so not worried about raising them up but I thought about getting tarps to cover the tops.

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Finaly found a good source of rock dust near me that ships for free! BrixBlend Basalt 40# may have to take a road trip tho and check this place out.

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  11. When I ordered they were out of the brixblend mix and I had to get the house mix...Defintely Seems nice, but haven't put a plant into it yet!

Might have to get some brixblend since it's back in stock! Thanks for the heads up Jay!

• Like Like x 1
  12. No problem man! I can't wait to see this stuff I just ordered the brixblend but plan on visiting this place once winter is over see what deals I can get on a pickup-truck load

• Like Like x 1
  13. Howdy from the garden!
    Less than a month left on these gals and they are looking just dandy!
    The smell is outrageous. I can’t let anyone in my house until I chop em lol
    F1732D6A-E684-4F79-8929-15C02181550F.jpeg

• Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. So I’m running some seedlings of TOxVR back crossed with “The One”

Anyone else here had the opportunity to grow this particular cross or a cut of LD’s “The One”?
    Wondering which traits I should be looking for in these seeds.
    I’m pretty sure @Chunk had TO or am I incorrect?

• Like Like x 1
  15. You're correct. I currently have TO and TOxVR growing. My TOxVR is not the back cross and is known as the "Agnes Cut" after LD's dog.

TO

[​IMG]

TOxVR

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 10
    • Winner Winner x 7
  16. Those look amazing.
    I heard Jim say that he would let it go 12 weeks and it would really just knock you on your ass.
    Would you say the same for the TOxVR?
    I’ve never had a chance to run any of his strains before and am very excited and curious!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. #37679 Chunk, Jan 16, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2018
    He let the TO go until the trichs turned root beer brown and claimed that it was too strong for him and his wife. I've never let it go that long........probably 10 weeks tops. As for the Agnes Cut, I took it down at 10 weeks and it is strong. The unique trait on the Agnes cut that I like is that it stays controllable in growth habit.

VR crosses can easily outgrow an indoor grow room and need a lot of training to keep controlled. The Agnes pheno is well suited for indoors and quite a decent yielder. I got over 8 ozs of of 1 plant under a 315w CMH.

• Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. Damn that looks killer!

• Like Like x 1