Organics Lounge

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by mosesnumb, Jan 25, 2013.

1. Very sorry to hear it Mike. You and yours are in my prayers man. Best vibes to you.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Thank you bro. I am so upset and I have plants to trim. Not a good time at all.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Sorry mike. Nothing I can say to help right now.
    Just prayers for you and your fam. Sucks, losing a friend.

• Like Like x 1
  4. losing your best friend is the worst, be strong brother.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Sorry to hear Mike, there is no words to express that loss.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Tasha is gone. I am a mess.

• Friendly Friendly x 5
  7. #36927 Jay_R_1787, Oct 9, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2017
    Just finished my gun cabinet up outta old pallets. Keep the kid outta them since he's getting around alot better now and learning how to open doors. 20171008_192754.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  8. I may not be anyone to ya but I do feel for ya bro. Sorry for your loss. I know what you're feeling on many levels.

• Like Like x 4
  9. Thanks bro.

10. I know that's hard. A few months ago I had to put my boxer down after 10 years together. I think it was harder than when my father died. He walked my path with me as far as his strength would carry him. I'm tearing up thinking about it.

Nothing I can say will make the pain stop but my heart goes out to you. Thank God for weed though.

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  11. :(

My condolences brother.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Howdy blades,
    So today I stopped by one of the local nurseries here and they have a hydro department which oddly enough has an organic section. Anyways. They had 7 bags of bu’s blend compost. I have never had access to it here because no one sells it and I refuse to pay $50 for 1cu.ft. After shipping.
    Turns out it was a special order for some guy who never ended up getting it but they’ve been holding it for him for over a month inside the shop. He said he would sell it to me if I was interested because he was tired of seeing it sit around. All that to say he offered it to me for $15 per cu.ft. Bag. I told him to hold it for me until tomorrow when I pick my truck up from the body shop (FINALLY).
    That’s a killer deal,right $105 for 7 cu.ft. ? I should get all the bags he has,right? Just wanted y’alls opinion

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. I've never used the stuff before but it sounds like a decent price to me. I guess it all depends how much you need and what you can afford. From what I hear that stuff is good but IMO you still can't get better than what you can create yourself. If you need compost right now it probably wouldn't hurt but I would always go with the homemade stuff if you have it on hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

14. Hope you all had a good weekend! Here's a little update on the aloe I started from seed. I'm pretty proud of this little plant lol [​IMG]

It's a slow grower. Probably time for a transplant

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 4
  15. I'd say that's a killer deal. 20 bucks a bag at the one place within 50 miles of me that sells it but if you buy 10 or more it's 18

• Like Like x 1
  16. #36936 Possuum, Oct 9, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2017
    @Iammelchior FWIW I stopped by the nursery in my neck of the woods last week and picked up 3 bags of the medium they use for all their plants. Needless to say at $12 a bag it's a great deal for a starter base. Mix up the goodies and stick a plant in it.

Perhaps ask them for some bags of their mix. Probably could not do better using what they use. Maybe...?

c.jpg

This is what it looks like after all the good stuff is mixed in. Very good porosity which is great for root development. Good stuff. Anyone with a nursery nearby should check out their goods IMO. Never know till ya go... :smoke:

f.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  17. Thanks bro. This is the hardest thing I have ever been through.
    There's a giant hole in my heart. :(

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. Thank you

19. I have maybe a cubic yard of soil I built a year or two ago that I keep in totes in my shed. I pull it out and turn it in a kiddie pool and add things to it as I use it. I just remember Lumperdawg talking about Bu’s blend compost and that it was an excellent humus source because it was full of bio dynamic accumulators like yarrow, alfalfa, comfrey, nettle. I was just going to toss it in the mix with a tray of my ewc’s and some more pumice. We just never get the stuff down here in FL and I figured I’d take advantage of someone else not picking up their order for over a month ( at a discount I migh add)

• Like Like x 1
  20. The one thing I don’t have going right now is a decent compost pile. I don’t have a lot of scraps to spare and what I do have usually goes to chickens.
    I am looking to acquire some comfrey cuttings and will probably be ordering some soon if they are still shipping. My local nursery sells their mushroom compost at $50 a yard, that would make a good starting base, right? I’ve got plenty of area to leave a couple yards of compost somewhere, hell thats what farms are for, right?

• Like Like x 2