Organics for Beginners

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by mels, Feb 19, 2009.

1. + rep
    *bump* this should be a sticky :)

2. Don't forget that dwarf house bunnies are decent for putting their droppings into your garden. I have two, they live for about 15 years, and take a lot of attention. Anyway, they provide an NPK of 2.4, 1.4, .60. Not bad for free ferts if you raise them. The girlfriend is happy, I'm happy, it's win win. Anyway, if you've never had rabbits, they will bite you and they do chew on things if you don't pay attention. Essentially, they do make great house pets once potty trained (neuter for sure). Plus, the earthworm farm takes care of all their waste (the organic compressed bedding, sweet grass, spilled food, and their droppings). So you recycle more and put that into your plants as great earthworm castings and tea. Some people make a tea out of the droppings as well although I have yet to do it.... so if anyone has any knowledge of it is better than earthworm tea, than by all means speak up.

I enjoy DIY aspects. Plus, you get to bond with your small friends and they aren't JUST cute little pets, they're also useful in your "other" endeavors. :yay:

3. Great post. I just want to clear one thing up. If we use one of these recipes, does that mean we don't need to add any other nutrients over the course of the cycle?

I have the ingredients for the guano tea option. These teas will provide all the nutes the plant needs?

Thanks.

4. What does 'parts' mean when it refers to amounts?
    I'm wanting to mix my own soil for my upcoming garden and so far I have about 50 yards of fine fir, pumice and compost. I want to mix in some worm castings. peat moss, forest humus, chicken manure, and some crab meal. Anyone have any suggestions on how much of each I should mix with the 50 yards of each: fine fir, pumice and compost?

Thanks dudes! Great post!

5. A *part* is whatever unit of volume/measurement you wish to work with as long as they are equal. From a thimble full to a dump truck full, as long as all parts contain the same amount. You get to choose whatever the amount is.

HTH

Wet

7. [​IMG]

That is EXACTLY what popped into my head and how I was tempted to spout that line.[​IMG] But, if you aren't of a certain age you usually just get a HUH?

Wet