Organics for Beginners

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by mels, Feb 19, 2009.

1. I am a little confused about this part and was wondering if anyone could clarify.

When they say "for early flowering" does that mean that I should only use the Fish/Seaweed fert when I want it to start flowering or if I use it all along will this help it to flower early.

I have access to the Neptunes Harvest products at a few local stores and I was going to try the Fish/Seaweed one as my main fert. Can anyone tell me if this would be a good idea?

Thanks for your help:wave:

2. i think they mean to use it for the first couple(1-3) weeks of flowering. then the late flowering for the rest.....

anyone plz, correct me if i'm wrong.

3. #23 Corto Malteze, May 10, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2009
    It means when flowering starts you can apply it. Ferts won't trigger early flowering. It's the amount of light that does it.

As long as you have meals and manures in the hole and you inoculate the soil with some sort of micro organisms tea (found in many things: compost, castings, guano.... -don't use blood or bone meal-) then you'll be fine. If you have everything in the soil and apply the teas, the plant won't miss anything. No need to fert it that much.

4. Bump... This should def be a sticky...

5. Hey, anyone have any results that they would like to share useing any of these formulas?

6. Interesting. I didnt think about that. Is this more of a 'this is questionably organic and should not be included in true organics' type of thing? What is the best replacement for it, guano? If you already use guano and bone meal should you just double your guano?

7. No. You can use mineral additives to directly feed the plant in an organic feeding cycle. What you do not want is an additive that will break up/destroy the biological composition of the "live earth". That is what the majority of synthetic or inorganic materials will do when used in excess.

Organic material is defined as such: any compound that has a direct C=H (carbon hydrogen) bond. When setting up a organic grow you are building up the biology (or creating a micro eco system) that feeds the plant. With other feeding cycles you are feeding the plant directly instead. Building a strong foundation, or media, you are increasing many positive variables including the hardiness of the organism. Plus, with organic growing, you do NOT have to flush! You are mimicking what rich earth (i.e. forests) already provides!

8. yet another shining example as the why gc is a great place for new and seasoned growers alike, but i digress. i've got a few questions on this great article as i am new to growing and would like to start my own organic grow soon.

1) the first recipe for soil mixes the "coir" is coco coir, correct? and the coir can be amended with casting, perlite and lime, (parts respective)?

2) in the first organic food recipe, those items are added to either of the two soil mixes and simply fed ph adjusted water( i saw the comment on ph issues in organics so is there a need for adjusting for anything other than chlorine?)

3) can you or is there a need to feed with liquid organic nutes and water (like fox farm products) when using any of the food recipes, or are those more than enough? will that be too much?

4) and then in terms of the tea recipes, you just make the tea get your soil mix and feed with tea as directed and use plain water in between tea feedings?

thanks in advance gc community any answers or suggestions would be appreciated.... and now, go blaze i will.

9. #29 kush<>~, Jun 30, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2009
    ^^I will respond to your questions, just not today. Ive had a long day so now im going to hit up my ssv; but I do have the answers you are looking for. I just want to make it detailed and detailed takes time and time is not what i am willing to give at this moment.

10. Thanks, thats more than fair enough man, i've been there before.

11. bump.

Love this recipe.

First time around I used some ocean forest. I am having great results so far. I also added some extra flower guano to the bone meal. Double the P, as advised on another site.

Oh yeah, I am using the water only grow. I like the idea of the plants being able to eat at any time. So do they, even my worst behaving plants perked right up and gained all the vigor they had missed back! Also I have taken to germing and sproting in 16 ounce cups and then transplanting to one gallons that I have already amended too, they are thriving like I could not feed them with a once a week fert. Of course this is in light warrior, a npk empty peat mix.

For my next round that I am cooking for now I am using a plain premier peat with everything that bx has, including myco added. I am adding the same NPK sources except I have a question about one thing,

I was wondering about using some peace of mind bulb food. It is 3-8-8 with the help of some bonemeal to give my plants an extra kick to get through flower? The other recipe Ihave calls for plain batguano at a flower kind,

also I am in seven to ten gallon pots. ty. :D

12. an addition to my previous questions, i know growing organically will display a huge improvement in taste over most other grow methods but does it affect yield at all? meaning less or something, and if thats the case would vegging longer fix or be a good alternative/addition to an organic indoor grow?

13. I can vouch for them tasting better. Wow, are they killer. Also the yeild is supposed to slightly less but I see a guy on another site regularliy pull 7-8 ounces out of 10 gallons using the water only grows and all organic! So I am up to that. I tried the feed once a week organic and teas and I yeilded sadly low, although I had to move them from tents and all the night and day thru messed up lights so it is a surprise no one hermied. Testament to healthy soil web and organics. So veg longer, try the water only grow, and use big pots. :D At least two months in veg. At least seven gallons too.

14. just bumping this.... its a really helpfull post

15. wow that must have been an awesome bong rip for it to take you 4 months...

16. lol he hit the floor and bumped his head:smoking:

17. vey usefull information thanks!!!!:D+++

18. RFLMAO!!! now that was some funny shit vdopower!

19. Thanks for all the info. Is fox farm ocean forest
    an organic growing medium?

20. Yes it is, so if FF happy frog and Light warrior... they are better to start your seeds in... and then transplant to FFOF

As far as FF nutes... Big Bloom is their only organic liquid fert...