Organics and bottled nutrients.

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by reggie1387, Jan 15, 2019.

1. Hi growers, I’m currently growing 3x plants under LEDs in soil. I’m using bottled nutrients and looking into using Organics to improve my soil. Last year I grew outdoors using biobizz and compost teas. I have the organic products left over that I didn’t use. Will bottle and Organic’s work together? I’ve emailed the company that sells the Organics and they said I can mix their products together.

Using General Hydroponics
    Flora series 3 part (micro,grow,bloom)
    Armor Si
    Calimagic
    Flora blend

Looking into using (Organics)
    Trichoderma Fungi Blend

Bacterial & Fungal Inoculum

Arbuscular Mycorrhizal Fungi (AMF)

2. I just don't get the whole organics push. I am not knocking it, just don't understand why people are so worried about that. So most of the vegetables we eat. Are grown with nutes. I cant tell the dif between organic veggies or fruit! I mean not enough too tell. Just in my mind. I. Use nectar and it seems to be the closest to organic.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

3. Fox farms is a strange mix of synthetic and what they call "natural". It should probably work, just won't be considered organic

4. I used it for 4 years. Maybe one day we should have a taste challenge. Have people at a weed convention trying nutes versus organic weed and see if people can tell?? I hear a lot of guys say to me oh you're growing with that crap Fox Farms or whatever. I just want to know that what I'm growing with is consistent and you know what's in there. Now I'm using nectar Mammoth p. It's totally different than your normal bottled nudes it's made with bone meal himig acids. Some of it looks like cappuccino and some of it looks like milk

5. @Papa Puff How are your yields with Nectar as compared to Fox Farm?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Well to be fair I switched to fabric pots at the same time. Which I think really helped. I am getting like 4 zip average now with one month of veg. I would like to think I'm getting about the same. I was really concerned I was going to be getting less and smaller buds but I have noticed no change except for better flavor and no Def during grow doing slurry tests. I would Def learn to do those no matter what nutes u use. U will know exactly if they are hungry before each feed

7. @reggie1387 i've not personally tried what i'm going to type here but here's what i think; i think that if a grower will prepare their base soil using ewc and compost along with the spm and areation just minus the organic dry fertilizers and amendments, and use a gentle blend of quality synthetic fertilizer covering all the bases of the base 16 elements, then that grower should expect a generally worry free grow resulting in a beautiful and quite bountiful harvest that burns clean, taste great, and will stone ya to the bone.

in a nutshell that's what i think.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Have you been checking out my plants? I actually grow in a soil with a aeration mix and ewc lol. I guess I can give it all a go and hope it works. Thanks

• Like Like x 1

9. I’m not really worried bout Organic or not organic growing this time. I’m just trying to use what ever gets me the best yields. I know healthy bacteria and fungi in my soil will give me better roots. Better roots=better plants. I just didn’t want to add all this stuff to my roots then to water them using my GH NUTRIENTS and kill all the work I’ve just done with the roots.

10. Well most of us soil growers use Mykos at planting. Scoop comes in bag. Put a large one in seed hole. Than plant ur seed on top and cover. If u get a good perlite mix and fabric pots u will be perfect. Now good lighting or the sun and u will be happy. I would get a ppm meter and learn how to do slurry tests

11. @Papa Puff Very good info to hear. I am planning on using Nectar in my newest room which will just be 2 25-30 gallon pots that I plan to grow as big as I possibly can (trying to stay within plant count) and I am generally a no-till grower but wanted to try out Nectar as I got a free sample of basically the whole line up and wanted to know what to expect. I care a good amount about staying as organic as possible so Nectar caught my eye right away. How do you go about doing your slurry tests? Is this just a sort of run off test?

• Like Like x 1
  12. It's better. U take a like 2oz of soil from ur plant when it's ready for water or feed. Take the same amount and put in cup. Stir for a min and than stick both ppm and ph meter in there. It's a true reading. So say ur ppms are 150. Than u know u need to feed. If its like 300 or above than u can water. I do totally reccomned watching the you tube videos with Scott Ostrander and big mouth Bob. U will learn alot

13. Sorry same amount of soil and distilled water in cup swish than stick Meters in