Organic water sources

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by Remo2025, Jan 27, 2012.

1. Sup guys I had a concern about using water from nearby rivers,ponds and lakes.
    What tools or instruments can you guys recommend to help me control the quality of the water.
    I plan on using water from a slow moving creek close to my grow area.
    This creek has alot of plant animals living in it which tells me its safe.
    Any tips about managing npk,ph and ec in natural water sources?

2. If healthy looking plants are growing in that water my bet is that it's safe to use. To be sure identify some of those plants, then use an Internet search to see what types of water those plants like. There is a study I read about making compost tea from several water sources. The best tea came from pond water. I believe the study is on the KIS compost tea web site.......MIW

3. thx ill look into the website

4. My only concern with a natural water source would be what's upstream. If there's any sort of conventional farming operation or livestock, you likely will have chemical runoff in the water. Really hard to say for sure unless you have a sample tested.

5. Thats the stuff im worried about.
    I like to hear some suggestions for instruments or resources I can look into for testing such issues.My water source is able to support all kinds of wildlife from turtles and fish to plants and under water grasses. It ay just be fine as is but who knows it could be better.