Organic Vegetable Gardening

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by jerry111165, May 19, 2014.

1. I got impatient and cut the Butternut too dang early. I got everything ready to butter and bake it and it was rock solid n green.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  2. This is a silly question but waht type of sand do you add to grow bag medium?
    I have read numerous times NOT TO ADD play sand or builder's sand. WTF do you get garden sand (like a shovel full)? I'm building a soil sifter for those carrots before I plant them. I dont want naughty carrots. Hummmm, maybe I could have some fun with that?
    Fucking sand should not be so hard.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. I use play sand to cut all my indoor houseplants that require well draining soil and have never experienced any issues.

• Like Like x 1
  4. #9744 Weedweasle, Sep 2, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2022
    Anyone used PRO MIX Organic Vegetable Herb Mix?
    It’s actually a little cheaper than FFOF ($10 CuFt) and no focking sticks.
    That’s what I’m using for the carrot bag, and I don’t think I need to screen it either.

E27817D8-9406-422B-858C-BAB3842C03BA.jpeg
    image.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Yep, it’s September out there. A mildew welcoming cool and wet weekend setup that is a continuing pattern of storms. The tomatoes have some size but remain green and something is eating on the peppers tho I’ve stayed on time with pest mgt.

• Like Like x 1
  6. I’m looking at the tomatoes every day now and thinking that we are gonna make it. They seem healthy and on the verge of getting ripe. The pumpkins are going along having made it thru humid August and a dry week ahead, I’m getting more enthusiastic about those as well. My dog buddies owners have grandkids that I hope to give them to.

• Like Like x 1
  7. I put in a few Atlantic giant pumpkins. I got one good pumpkin that is about 50 pounds at this time. I'm hoping it at least doubles in size. It will be gifted to the neighbors for their Halloween party. I've grown them before in the 300# range. But, it was on a different property and was in a well amended bed.

• Like Like x 3
  8. I’ve read about the huge ones that people grow. I want to do that with Cantaloupe. Just saw it up and go to eatin.

• Like Like x 2
  9. And the maters keep coming,
    We got 6 big ziplock bags filled in the freezer. Some basil and olive oil
    ice cubes for sauce for woodstove.
    KIMG7275.JPG

• Winner Winner x 3
  10. I found a North east purple spotted kale snake in the garden!
    KIMG7281.JPG

• Funny Funny x 3
  11. Found these 2 dead this morning... when I die this would be how I'd wanna go too lmao. 20220912_132847.jpg

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Greensand and I use a brix blend basalt

• Informative Informative x 2
  13. The days are swinging from 70s-90s to 50s-70s after today so maybe things will ripen good. It’s been hot today but wasn’t near as humid with some breezing so it should have been a good one for plant life. I’ve been in here stoned and sharing cheese crackers with the dog so it ain’t bad for people’s or animals either.

• Like Like x 2
  14. C84E85D1-3423-4C62-B229-685465B2744A.jpeg This is the result that I’m getting with melons now since that Cantaloupe. They seem to ripen early and bust open.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. We have the possibility of frost this week which is a bit early but about the same as last year. I can’t call the season a total flop but I’m not happy about it. I got a decent run of tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers, and cantaloupe but the other melons were bummers. Squash was nothing either which is a disappointment. There’s always next year.

• Like Like x 4
  16. Yeah we got frost coming too, I pulled all the maters that will turn,and put on the windowsill . We started making sun dried maters, we love em!
    We've been making timj's butternut and ginger soup, I added toasted coconut to it , it goes quick .
    I put in 70 garlic, 20 more than last year, I wanted to overwinter onions but I think I'm too late.
    KIMG7406.JPG

KIMG7373.JPG

KIMG7403.JPG

KIMG7372.JPG

KIMG7377.JPG

KIMG7381.JPG

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 3
  17. That haul is worth a double post. ^^^^^^

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. Your butternut soup looks delicious Green Dragging. If you like coconut and have all those tomatoes. Have you ever made Curried Coconut Chicken. I use this recipe and always double it. We put it over rice. It freezes very well.
    https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/68532/curried-coconut-chicken/

• Like Like x 2
  19. Thnx timj, I know what's for dinner tomorrow !

• Like Like x 3