Organic Vegetable Gardening

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by jerry111165, May 19, 2014.

1. That's alot of salsa!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. Salsa, pizza and pasta sauce.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Hi yall,
    We got thunder n lightning here today.A steady rain since 1pm. I'm getting ready to transplant my
    Broc, cabbage ,beets,green leafs and kale Sunday . KIMG7108.JPG It's been a different year as my spring kale ,chard, basil and bush beans are still producing at the same pace .
    KIMG7123.JPG

KIMG7124.JPG
    Lots of mulch, ,comfrey teas and lots of composts.
    The Gaudi Bell-shaped Eggplants are coming . Nice color on these.
    KIMG7117.JPG

KIMG7119.JPG
    I'll pick when 8".
    Once again, the maters are going wild,had to put an articulating ladder to keep off ground.
    KIMG7127.JPG

I dug up 25lbs of taters, coulda left in longer but the weeds are growing just as good.
    KIMG7120.JPG

The garlic is done, I'll do twice as much next year. Also want to try overwinter onions.
    KIMG7122.JPG

The asparagus is getting ready to have little red seed fruit ,it'll be purty.
    KIMG7129.JPG

My cat keeps digging up my dirt everytime I feed my girls,so I put all the leftover tile cuts on top:)
    KIMG7132.JPG
    Tomorrows Friday! :jump:

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  4. Your gardens are looking fantastic man. Everything in mine is slowly dying off. Birds are starting to peck the last few tomatoes now. I assume because of the lack of water sources. One of our ponds is completely dry. The stream and small brook are just a trickle here.

• Like Like x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. More Salsa today

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 5
  6. Thnx timj, I'm still waiting for the maters to turn, they look ok but still green. I'm gonna do a pulley system for shade tarps next year, it'll make things alot easier.
    Sorry about your lack of water, I know some around here are dry, but, there's a flood warning for the next couple days .
    My squash's are on there way out thnx to the squash bugs,luckily I got about a dozen butternut and I've had my fill of zukes lol. The melons are small, they say they get 8-10 lbs,
    I'll weigh these today. I'm still hardening off my starts,I'll wait till we're out of the 80 ° temps.
    KIMG7139.JPG

KIMG7135.JPG

KIMG7136.JPG

KIMG7137.JPG

KIMG7138.JPG

• Like Like x 4
  7. Nice job @Green Dragging , those Butternut squash are getting fat. I can’t even buy a watermelon at the produce stand. It’s like I’m not intended to have them in my life.

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. I'm so envious of your gardens. My urban lot is covered in pretty dense shade from mostly black walnut trees. I don't have enough sun to grow squat except on the small side piece of my lot, which is on a pretty good slope. I've been comptenplating (sp?) putting in a garden or raised beds on that sunny slope for years.

It slopes down 10 feet in 30 liner feet and its only maybe 12 feet from house to property line (a strip 50 x 12' of sun). A trash can falls over on the slope. I had a huge garden in Oklahoma before I moved here with my job. I think I may visit the Extension office for some advise. I love seeing ya'lls gardens and bounty!

• Like Like x 4
  9. I’ve got a slope that I need to get some measurements on like you have done. The spot where I’m building that bed was leveled for an above ground pool with a sand bottom so I’m just steady filling it in. I plant on that slope as it faces South.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Thnx bro, I got 12 for sure out of 5 plants, was hoping for 12 per plant but bugs have won. The zukes are toast, I cut em down and prepped for spinach.
    KIMG7141.JPG
    The maters are turning, these are
    Principe Borghese Organic Small-Fruited Tomato.
    KIMG7142.JPG

• Like Like x 4
  11. Those tomatoes are looking good. Have you harvested any tomatoes this year?

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Thnx timj, nothing yet, these maters are for drying,supposed to be meaty. I'm ready for them,I got beans coming out my ass! Lol

• Like Like x 5
  13. 9BEB79CF-7418-40E1-8DE1-9628DB8254C0.jpeg EE3E4E3D-2633-485C-8201-5421E86D0479.jpeg I’m keeping a watch this Butternut plant as I am the pot plants just wanting to get it ripe. To my bad eyes it still has a green hue to it but I’m anxious to get this. I also got a Honey Rock Cantaloupe this morning that I’ll get a pic of when I cut it. Last pic is the Pumpkin flowers that are coming along.

• Like Like x 6
  14. Indoor Growbag Carrots?
    Anyone have growing experience/ tips for indoor carrots in grow bags?
    I have my 6" blunt tip var. Nantes seeds in hand. Studied plenty, not much on indoor grow bag carrots.

I read on multiple seed sites that too rich of a soil and the carrots grow many, and twisted, carrot roots. One site showed pictures of carrots that looked like people (arms and legs) and "naughty" carrots with appendages and "spread eagle legs" from growing in nutrient rich media.

Fuk-a-duck if now I have to dumb down my soil right? Maybe just some FFOF or pro mix? What do ya'll think?

I'm growing inside because I have no full sun outside, just large, native Black Walnut trees.

• Like Like x 1
  15. I tried that last winter with carrotts in a grow bag, I used my weed soil and I believe it was to rich, I think it should have been sandier .

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Nice bro, the butternut is ready when you cant press fingernail in it.
    Last year some had a little green but were ready.

• Like Like x 2
  17. 95C21BDA-070D-44A0-BFFA-D9264311B5BE.jpeg A little more watery than we hope for but pretty good flavor. This honeyrock is a pretty consistent variety and my favorite to grow.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  18. If all stays on track I should pull a good many tomatoes in a few weeks. I could see a good many green ones in the bed that weeds have taken over. More cucumbers on the way too and I just finished a good fresh one for lunch yesterday. Fingers crossed for more melons also.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Hope it stays on track for ya.
    I rehung the shadecloth this morning. It's 92° out.
    I too should be getting alot of maters in the next couple . I'm gonna freeze the plum maters whole and when I have alot ,boil off skins. I read it's easier when froze.
    Pulled a melon, it was ok . Next year cantaloupe!
    KIMG7178.JPG

KIMG7175.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  20. I used to score and blanch the skins off before I got a cheap food mill at walmart. Now, I freeze my tomatoes until the end of harvest. I then simmer my chopped and cored tomatoes and run them through the food mill. Then simmer until thickened and can them.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1