Organic Vegetable Gardening

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by jerry111165, May 19, 2014.

1. A vine borer usually doesn't bore into the fruit.

I just copied and pasted this for you.

You have what are called pickle worms, which attacks vegetables such as squash and cucumbers and also in your case, cantaloupes. You need only to dust your plants with Sevin every 7 to 10 days to end your problem.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  2. The grocery store redeemed themselves with this latest Cantaloupe I got, after the tasteless peaches. Not much smell but great flavor and texture. I put the hull in the ditch to hopefully draw some worms and my bins are overflowing with failed or overgrown crops and male weed plants.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. you asked the other day about mulch,here is the problem i have had since i went down and got 4 truck loads of free mulch.
    check out te watermelon,i just happen to turn the melon over and found this big ole boy had been busy at it,the last 2 years i noticed my vines just up and die,figure it was root issue of some sort then i found a nickle size hole right threw the melons. so long story short ,got lucky ,i was gonna pick these melons sunday but mama has a ice box full so let them lie until now.
    look at the rump of this thing,i got it just before it morphed,that blackness is that boer bettle i was talking about,goggle the boer bettle and you will see what they morph into,luckly i havent found any more as of yet that have morphed.
    that said might just be the hot weather near the equator ,but down here there will never be any kind of mulch in any of my gardens.
    enjoy for your eyes only

Attached Files:

• 003.JPG
      003.JPG
      File size:
      2.5 MB
      Views:
    • 002.JPG
      002.JPG
      File size:
      2.7 MB
      Views:
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Nice melons old shol4evr. Those things are huge.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Damn olshoe you got big melons! Lol! , And I hope them beetles don't like the cold! Ha

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. Getting there.

91380A05-8D1F-49CA-BE3C-F59E651E06BE.jpeg

hope y’all had a nice weekend.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
  7. Gave the ghost peppers to the guys at work... pretty sure they all hate me now despite enthusiastically broing up each other to eat more.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Their toilets will be like launch pads in the morning.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  9. 36.4 pounds not my best but this baby sure was sweet
    maybe next year ,im trying to beat 65 pounds which i havent done since around 2000,these rattlers get pretty big under right conditions,next year im gonna mix some sugar babies in with them to cross pollnate.
    why i cant say or even know ,but most say sugar babies make all your melons sweeter,alone there great melons and no doubt sweet,but dont get very big, melons and tomatoes are something i love to grow and always try to beat the previous year.
    only got 9 melons this year,2 canaloupe but didnt weight the tomatoes ,i garuntee it was well over 100 pounds of them and mama bought them right from the local grocer and we dried the seeds,them branches never had a chance,always had weight on them,i finally got tired of trying to give them away and we and the kids and grand kids were done with them,so out come the shears,no joke the main stalk was like a dang tree

• Like Like x 6
  10. #9450 ElRanchoDeluxe, Sep 20, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2021
    R

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 7
  11. heck man id say you good to still be getting them,by first of june mine are covered with boer worms,i even start mine inside were i can get some fruit before they start migrating

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. I’ve been getting squash pretty much all season but the rest of it has went to hell.

• Like Like x 4
  13. I didn't even bother this year with a garden.....I regret it now. First time in years I didn't throw veggies in the ground. I did hit up the Amish veggie stands tho and canned some sauce and pickles

• Like Like x 6
  14. I've been making a few loaves of zucchini bread every week. One week with chocolate chips,the next with walnuts to mix things up.

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
  15. I love zucchini bread. The wife makes some glaze for it just before its ready to come out she coats it and it crisps up the outter layer just perfectly. Probably one of my favorite lunchtime snacks.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Cuttings are starting to root from the last batch of clones I took about 7 days ago.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 8
  17. #9457 ElRanchoDeluxe, Sep 21, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2021

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. Thats just rotten. Those things are downright dangerous…

You bad.

j

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. That's a really healthy looking plant for being grown a 5 gallon bucket. You never cease to amaze me with your gardening skills RD.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Some folks are crazy for them. A lady in Columbia wants dibs on these Reapers that I have going. I said sure. She is all into spice foods and I bet her septic tank is boiling.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 3