Organic Vegetable Gardening

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by jerry111165, May 19, 2014.

1. My back gave up the wood stove and I got a nice little propane heater that works great in an outage. Battery lanterns a plenty that I keep in my backpack for such times. I love shopping for prep items.

• Like Like x 5
  2. i got a 3 burner coleman stove my dad bought back in 65,also have 3 lanterns from same year,im waiting on a specail tool right now to take the check valve out of the stove s tank,lot of history misery and happiness with that camping gear,there was a time that a family could just go to a park and camp or even just the woods off side of a road if they wanted.
    them days are way way way gone.
    that old stove let me down in that storm ,went to crank it up and it wouldnt,so a good ole fire pit did the job hahahah

• Like Like x 5
  3. I’m a loyal Coleman gear customer. Even have a Coleman watch that they had back in the 90s. I love to go out on the patio and fire up a breakfast w coffee on the Coleman. The smell is just a comfy reminder of camp trips. That’s why I like sleeping by this open window at night, the sounds of camping. I can’t do that stuff anymore so it’s always fun to revive the times.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. Put some cooking oil on the leather gasket on the pump. That’s the trick with those. I’m very familiar with that vintage.
    Cheers
    Os

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  5. Double post

• Like Like x 1
  6. the leather is all cracked from lack of maintence,it would have been cheaper to just buy another tank,but i want to keep all original parts,been a great stove,check valve and new stem ,new leather cup and i be good to go,gonna replace o ring in cap too.
    let that power go out again ,see if i dont have a heater next time hahah
    these electric heater have s many safety devices on them i couldnt get mine to work on a generator

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. lost 3 canaloupe and 1 watermelon to much rain they just split on the vines
    last year it was boer worms
    i dont think im gonna plant anything next year
    thinking of mending the soil let it sit a year,be good for my patienece hahahahah

• Like Like x 4
  8. That’s a bummer @old shol4evr , too much effort for a loss. We can’t control everything like the indoor folks can.

Anybody looking to the Fall season yet? Homestead And Chill has a good read on the Fall this week. I’m considering lettuce and broccoli, while I try to keep the pumpkins going. I’m starting more regs and autos to flower thru the next few months as well.

• Like Like x 5
  9. Hi y'all, went to keyuka lake , one of 11 finger lakes in upstate NY last wknd. Shaped like a y, only lake with a north n south current. Anyways, I picked up some bags of lakeweed, I read it don't have any land plant illnesses ,I put it all around tomatoes plants.
    KIMG4637.JPG KIMG4605.JPG KIMG4613.JPG KIMG4624.JPG

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Some of you may have seen this, here's my veggies waiting to get planted out! 20210726_210416.jpg

• Like Like x 5
    • Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. That’s a really beautiful area! I went on an awesome wine tour one September with a friend around the finger lakes region. We just grabbed a map and did our own thing and had a blast! Sampled some great wine too. Love to go back someday even though I don’t drink anymore. It’s just a beautiful, peaceful area. Or it was 20 some years ago.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Morning, my fine specimens humanity:)

If any of you have Netflix, I suggest watching Fantastic Fungi, a documentary with Paul Stamets about the killer dildo epidemic in southern Sri Lanka.

(Just kidding, its about mushrooms lol)

Happy little pic of happy little mushrooms in my happy little garden

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 4
  13. Greetings from downstate! I did the same with some seaweed I pulled from one of the lakes at Harriman, but I put it in my worm bin. The lil guys went nuts for it

• Like Like x 7
  14. I just added it to the que! My little man is all excited for it lol

Sent with more cow bell!?

• Like Like x 8
  15. It is , it's got other stuff in there also, a couple of perch, some driftwood. I plan on getting a weed rake and going down there regularly :).
    I was telling my bro inlaw about all the mulch and gardening I've been doing, he laughed and said I got a thing for dirt, I told him to Google desertification.

• Like Like x 6
  16. It is beautiful :), I worked down in Ovid NY 30 yrs ago, stayed there for a month with my dad doing masonry, we sampled ALOT of wine! Lol! :confused::biggrin:

• Like Like x 5
  17. Howdy from upstate! Yeah this stuff is great! , 24 hrs after I put it around plants they shot right up.

• Like Like x 6
  18. Yeah, it definitely kicks ass in the garden for sure, and it makes sense... we all know kelp is used to great effect, and I'm sure we'd see similar results using freshwater invasives. They're growth/reproduction rate leads me to think that duckweed, water hyacinth and parrot feather has similar enzymes or compounds that's found in kelp.

Pretty sure the KNF guys know all about it but I'm clueless on the matter tbh.

Unrelated note I took my lil lady up to Watkins Glen a few months ago... gorgeous area!

• Like Like x 6