Organic Vegetable Gardening

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by jerry111165, May 19, 2014.

1. More close up pics. I removed most of the growth so this is after I did that (should have taken before duh...)
    190716_133527_resized.jpg 190716_155039_resized.jpg 190716_155103_resized.jpg 190716_155123_resized.jpg 190716_155206_resized.jpg 190716_155230_resized.jpg
    190716_155423_resized.jpg 190716_155440_resized.jpg 190716_155506_resized.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  2. @Sc00byD00bie

I’m thinking you could/should dry these out and sell some sacks of it in the alley with a hat pulled down low and a long trench coat on...

0B2E5937-6A4E-4B9B-8EE4-AD37DAEA6F5A.jpeg EF295638-B03F-4070-A440-AD42E5E9A772.png

Might as well recoup your losses...

lol

J

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. I forgot to add earlier that I may have some mites. I just throw a squirt in a gallon. Spray it lights off and on in between spinosad. I have leds and have never had light burn from foliar. It seems to knock them off enough to keep them at bay for the next 4 weeks to finish out this run.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 4
  4. Eucalyptus is fine but I don’t like to spray once buds are formed. Anything you spray on the buds will be there when you use it. Even insecticidal soap turns into carcinogenic substances when burned or vaporized. I find if I do IPM religiously every week throughout the vegetative stage it’s not necessary to spray in flower. If you have issues going into flower it’s a coin toss. Question is, are your lungs worth the chance? If you have autoimmune disease you should think really hard about this.

• Like Like x 5
  5. That's what I thought as well. Hopefully spraying in veg this year will keep the powdery mildew to a minimum but I'm pretty sure it will still be an issue come September. I have potassium bicarbonate to use if need be and H202 as well. I also wash all my outdoor buds in a 3 part cleaning bath

• Like Like x 4
  6. #5987 Deleted member 1070567, Jul 17, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2019
    Installed my first rain barrel yesterday (200 liter) and with the rain last night it is full already! I should definitely get some more!
    20190716_165319.jpg

• Like Like x 8
    • Winner Winner x 2
  7. #5988 Space Ghost, Jul 17, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2019
    I use the peppermint one to emulsify the neem oil into my bug spray, with black pepper, cayenne, and garlic.

Have you found that karanja increases the effectiveness of the neem?

• Like Like x 5
  8. I haven't received mine yet but got the idea to use it from @bigbuds99

• Like Like x 1
  9. #5990 Deleted member 574144, Jul 17, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2019
    I ran across the recipe in the no till revisited thread and it seemed like a good idea to include it at the time; it's really just another layer of defense and it came from some of the organic growers I've come to respect around these parts :)

All that said, I can say that I get Powdery Mildew here all the time and since coating the leaves with the Neem/Karanja it's basically no longer an issue. I aim for 2x a week and it's working great.

In the past I would use the sodium bicarbonate but you have to be very careful with that stuff late into flowering because it will burn the shit out of the pistils if you mix at full strength. I'm happy not to have to use it anymore after stunting many grows in the past.

Here's an example of what the plant looks like after application
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 2
  10. I don’t think some soap is gonna be the thing giving me cancer. Outdoors you have to spray bt in flower or your gonna lose a lot of buds.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. I did a fun little pea grow this summer. How many peas can you grow from a 7 gal pot?
    Then strings train the peas onto a piece of fencing.
    I did a second later pot. After seeing how many, was too many, I planted half as many in the second pot.
    This pot was placed directly below, instead of in front of a piece of fencing.
    Works pretty slick. I have a nice wall of peas.
    cheers
    os

• Like Like x 6
  12. I think I'll have to try that next year! String training is great for limited space. I started doing tomatoes like that last year and since starting compost and worm casting teas they have an insane amount of fruit 20190716_171827.jpg

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 2
  13. The answer is 238.

J

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. Just what I gosh darn need - more projects -

But what the heck is a guy to do?

We are bidding on a large commercial roof so I went to the site on Friday to check it out - and we are the only company that’s even made a site visit yet.

I got up onto the roof and was shocked to find that, as part of the scope of work, the all of this gorgeous pink granite is to be “removed and disposed of”...

Good lord - they say “concrete coping stays - all granite goes” - what the heck?

3” thick by 15” wide - with the bulk of it being around 5 1/2’ long - And there must be around a thousand feet of this material -

Holy shit - can you say “pink granite porch steps” folks?

My porch deck is low - basically anywhere you want 3 steps and you’re on the porch. Ive talked about it before but having access to this material could make it a reality -

CONTINUOUS steps! So not just one spot, or two spots to climb up 3 steps into the porch but - ANYWHERE you walk up to the porch you can walk up 3 steps onto the porch level - awwww man -

OR - !!

My raised “Hugelkultr bed” side logs are pretty much toast - they’re simply rotting out. Can you say “pink granite raised beds” you dirty gardeners??

I personally can’t fathom them wanting us to “remove and dispose of” all of this material.

A couple bench seats hare and there around the yard?

Check out this 4’ by 1.25” thick material - they wanna replace with metal panel siding??

I’m thinking stone table? Maybe set up on a stainless cable and pulley system inside the wall utilizing a winch - so you push a button to raise the stone table out of your way or hit it again to use the table?

Shit - counters maybe??

Continuous full porch length stone steps, raised beds, granite tables -

Remember when I was talking about being done with this old farmhouse someday? lol

DE9F2DFE-39A2-45FE-BAA6-0B941133D102.jpeg F7564D2B-5094-4958-8799-9EB700911ECF.jpeg ADE98F5C-3BD2-4D80-80E0-85ACF00E369E.jpeg 209C9EA4-4F13-417B-B805-D83AD88FD328.jpeg 684E73BF-1113-4EB1-8EED-C28FDDD43310.jpeg

I know this isn’t gardening related but -

Stay cool folks. It’s gonna be another scorcher!

J

• Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. That's awesome but with all the projects you have going maybe you need to build a....

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. It totally sucks - but what TF does a guy like me do?? Frigging leave it at the dump?

Man - I’ve been talking about building an outdoor fieldstone grill and oven -

Holy crap this would take care of all that and be easier at the same time!

I can take a ton of them (literally lol) and at least dump them in the woods behind the house for now but man - I sure can picture wrapping the raised bed in 3 inch thick granite, making continuous stairs up to the porch, stone benches and tables… Maybe even the countertops in the kitchen that I still have to do.

Even if it’s going to take more work which it obviously is, I simply can’t let this pass me by LOL

Go ahead; tell me you would not take a bunch of them yourself LOL

J

• Like Like x 6
  17. How about adding some 'pavers' to the backyard as well. Your poor back, I can't wait to see what you end up with.
    ps- I guess you have to bid that job, just so you can have the old material for a side project or two.
    cheers
    os

• Like Like x 3
  18. I honestly wouldn't only because pink granite isn't my style but I totaly see where you are coming from for sure.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Not just pink granite-free pink granite! Free changes everything. :)
    cheers
    os

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1