Organic timeline

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by Jackhererwasright, Aug 14, 2013.

1. Hey guys I recently got some fem seed and really want them to not to be stressed and go hermie, because I want to clone them! This will be my first grow and I was just wondering when and how you should amend the soil to meet the changing needs of the plant as it matures. Do you just make a nice soil mix from the start and water with plain water, or do u add nutrients to the soil/ into the water for nutrients.

I am basically asking how to get it extra nitrogen during veg, and extra potash/ phosphorus during flower

Thanks guys!

2. "how to get it extra nitrogen during veg, and extra potash/ phosphorus during flower"

In an organic soil this is moot - you don't worry about this. Your soil is alive and intelligent; (did I say that) - it will work symbiotically with your plant, know your plants needs and supy them as certain elements are needed. If something isn't needed it simply won't be used, providing you've provided it with balanced, diversified nutrition to begin with.

Balance and diversity. Two very important words in an organic gardening paradigm.

Creating an organic soil mix is very simple. We mix bulk/mass (sphagnum peat), life (compost/vermicompost) and nutrition (soil amendments such as kelp meal, neem cake, crab meal et al. That's it. From there our plants work with our soil life (bacteria & fungus = microbes) and do all of the thinking and decision making for us - we just keep it moist to keep it alive.

This isn't hydroponic or bottled fertilizer gardening where you or the bottle company decides what your garden is going to eat - with the organic method we let our plants work with our soil microbes to make these decisions.

Think about it this way - your plant is growing along and today it decides it wants 35 molecules of nitrogen, 17 of iron, 8 of sulfur, 45 of calcium and on and on and on - etc (I'm just making a point here lol) - can we provide the exact formula that it wants - exactly - for perfect plant growth? No way - we're just guessing. Educated guesses for sure but just guesses. With organics all those decisions are left to our plants and microbes. They've built relationships for millions/billions of years and got it down pat. We just need to make sure that we've got a little bit of everything needed for plant growth in our soil and our work is over - besides keeping it moist and environment where it wants it.

Here is a great starting point. Take some time and read through this thread. There's ALOT of great info here - make use of it and construct yourself a good organic soil. You'll be pleasantly amazed at your results.

http://forum.grasscity.com/organic-growing/1116550-easy-organic-soil-mix-beginners.html

Keep it simple.

J

3. thanks for the assurance Jerry! I am loving the organic community on here, united simply by wanting to put something clean and pure into our bodies while not leaving behind a serious footprint. I am still green to this but cant wait to get started with all different kinds of plants once I am comfortable. One last thing, would ITG's beginner soil mix be ok even for planting seeds directly into, or should I wait and transplant into this organic mix once its ready to outgrow a smaller pot with seedling mix in it.

4. I've always planted directly into my own soil, fwiw... With a decent cycling time you should be just fine.

J