Organic tattoo ink?

Discussion in 'Tattoo, Piercings and Body Art' started by Mittens024, Feb 27, 2015.

1. Anyone have experience with using an organic ink for tattooing. Looked up some brands, and the leading brand I think was having some recalls. Just wondering if anyone has ever bought any, how they felt about it, and if the tattoo artist was opposed to you bringing in your own ink.

Thank you all, and may good fortune smile upon you. 
    Nathan

2. Every real tattoo artist will oppose you bringing you own ink.. There is a hypoallergenic organic ink made by work horse irons .. The name evades me right now tho.. Be advised that organic ink doesn't hold as vibrant and fades faster .. There are only 3-4 trust worthy brand out there right now and all three are expensive as fuck so grab your credit card and go to your artist.. order via his company and hope he discounts you .. A set of ink can run $350-$1300 for anything respectable .. I believe alla prima makes a organic now .. Called arcane or some shit .. May just be hypoallergenic

3. If you research some of the inks I'll be glad to ask a few of my friends who tat organic forba review on them

4. Yes I will do some research. I did some but was hoping I could just hear from someone who knows much more then I could hope to find hahah. 

But I was just looking to get some black ink and get some basic bands around my forearm so I am not worried about too much color sets or fading. Thanks for the advice though.

5. #6 Bob Barker, Apr 12, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2015
    The most organic ink I can think of is made from ashes. You might be able to find an artist that would make some but it will take some searching. What are you wanting to get tattooed?

[​IMG]

http://chemistry.about.com/od/chemistryhowtoguide/a/tattoo-ink-recipe.htm

The earliest tattoo inks came from nature. You can use non-toxic natural ingredients to make your own homemade tattoo ink. This tattoo ink recipe is simple and has been used in various forms for thousands of years.
    Homemade Tattoo Ink Ingredients
    The earliest tattoo inks were prepared by mixing ashes from completely burned wood together with water. The wood ashes were nearly-pure carbon, which yielded a black to brown tattoo. While carbon is the base for modern tattoo inks, it's not a great idea to use water as the liquid to suspend the ink (the "carrier"). While may be prepared using sterile distilled water, poking the ink into the skin will force bacteria on the skin into the deeper layers. A non-toxic disinfectant, such as vodka, is a better choice. Prepare the ink from:
    • 1 cup carbon black ashes (e.g., from completely burned wood)
    • just enough vodka to create a slurry
    Prepare the ink by mixing the carbon black and vodka in a blender (15 minutes to an hour). If the mixture is too thin, add more carbon pigment. If the mixture is too thick, thin it with a little more vodka. It is best to prepare fresh homemade ink for each use, though the ink could be stored in a sealed container away from sunlight and blended again.
    Tattoo Ink Safety Notes
    While you can prepare your own ink and give yourself or a friend a tattoo, this is not a good idea! Professional inks are much more consistent in quality and safer to use, so they will give you better results with less chance of a reaction to the ink. Also, tattoo professionals are trained in aseptic techniques, so you will have much less chance of getting an infection or accidentally puncturing a blood vessel if you get your tattoo inked by a trained artist.