Organic super soil mixed! Compost tea is brewing, should I buy beneficial bacteria and add that in?

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by Jakefromstatefarm86, Jul 10, 2020.

1. Soil was and still may be very hott due to me overloading the mix with nutes, BUT with everyones suggestions and help I managed to dilute the mix down significantly...Im brewing a very light worm tea with tiny amounts of trace minerals provided by the "Natures Pride" soil amendment, theres also a half teaspoon of molases in about 4 gallons of ph neutral water and i planned to add this tea to the super soil now about a month and a half prior to using it...I just added the dolomite lime 2 days ago, should I buy some kind of bacterial inoculant and add that to my mix asap?

2. I think you have probably added enough already... Lol.
    You have good worm castings?
    If so, use those. Get the soil nutrient cycling. Stop adding stuff
    :weed:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. I was under the impression that the bacteria would help the soil cycle??

4. And yes i think theyre high quality castings. Brute is the brand name if im not mistaken.

5. You’ll get al the microbes you need from good quality castings and compost!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Less is more.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. I would have said maybe water with a bit of fulvic acid to get things breaking down but the 3 above me are more knowledgable so nothing it is

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. While I very much appreciate that statement, Frostchaser, I would have to disagree. I'm just a bit of a know-it-all is all :D

Having said that, to my understanding good quality compost and worm castings will have lotsa fulvic and humic acid already. So again, less is more for OP.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Ok cool. Nothing it is

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Like Like x 4
  10. I recently started taking a tbl a week. I swear i can feel a difference

• Like Like x 1
  11. I actually just went with some rain water lol

12. [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. No, 'homegrown' is the proper name brand.

Starting your own worm bin is the #1 most significant thing you can do AFA organic growing. Some put a compost pile at #1. I don't disagree because a compost pile will also be full of worms. But you can do a worm bin indoors, a compost pile not so much.

Wet

• Like Like x 1
  14. If that soil got hot it is cycling. It's the bacteria creating the heat.

Wet

• Like Like x 1
  15. The sonkir meter said it was dry as hell so I added about 9 gallons split between four 7gallon pots. Im gonna add another 4 gallons later tonight bc between the perlite dust and the peat moss it was so dry everything was dusty and i refused to hose it down with water thats not ph'd so im thinkin after the next four gallons the pots will be close to being as wet as they need to be then itll really start to get going.... The ph meter was below 8 but high above 7 so im thinkin its around 7.7 - 7.8...keep in mind i just added the dolomite lime so im thinking the ph will change in a little time.

• Like Like x 1