Organic soil

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Cap40, Apr 11, 2021.

1. If I put my seedling straight from the paper towel when’s it’s ready into the final pot of organic soil that it’s going to grow in (so I don’t have to transplant it) will the nutes in the organic soil burn the seedling? Or should I put it in a cup first?

• Like Like x 1
  2. No it will not burn the plant .
    I do not use cups or smaller pots . I have a large area so i dont have to fuss with space imitations .
    Some people swear by moving plants into bigger containers . Others just put the plant into bigger containers to be done with it . To answer your question nope it will not burn it .
    There is a huge debate on transplanting into bigger containers overtime .
    That tree outside was not babied into bigger pots .
    Smaller pots could be easier for many reasons for a lot of growers .
    Subjective .

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Awesome. Thanks for the reply. I don’t have space limitations either so I didn’t want to transplant them if I don’t have to. I will plant her in big pot she goes in then. Thanks again.

• Like Like x 1
  4. If you are using store bought EWC and compost them you will most likely be okay, but if using homemade EWC, VC, and compost then some organic super soils may be too hot for seedlings. I have personally burned quite a few seedlings before I figured out my composts were a little too hot for fresh seedlings. I'd personally use a weaker soil until you reach at least 1 gallon.

5. Just to be clear store bought organic soil would be totally fine. Organic soil like the easy soil mix for beginners or no till soils are likely too hot.

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. It is a store bought organic soil. I’ve never used organic soil so I wasn’t sure.