Organic Soil?

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by Telebubbies, Jun 20, 2017.

1. Hey guys. So I have grown outdoors before, but now I moved. So I must start all over. Hah. But now I have a bigger plan in mind, and just need your guys opinion on it.
    So basically, I bought 100kg of fertilizer from a plant store, and I am going to put them into my pots. I am going to grow about 30 plants in total, and 10 different strains. So 3 of each plant. So what I was thinking:
    When I harvest, I wanna clone the plant. So roughly before all of them are ready for harvesting (I know, some strains flower for longer), I will cut off 3 parts of each plant and make clones out of them. So now I will have 30 clones. And by the time those are all done flowering, the clones will be out of the humidity dome and ready to put into the pots.

Now to save money on fertilizer, what I want to do is make organic compost. So then I can take my old fertilizer, and mix it with the organic compost. Essentially giving the fertilizer its nutrients back. And maybe even more!
    Does anyone know how to do that? My current plants are 2 weeks old, so I want to start working on compost now.

So does anyone know how to do this? Am I getting it wrong? Do I have to go buy fertilizer or will my plan work?

Thanks

2. Plenty of people use their own compost bro. Check out the stickies in this section of the forum. One of Regular composting and another for vermi. I personally dont so I cant really give any advice tho. Its really easy from what Ive seen. Back yard compost bin, toss everything in, give it a turn every so often lol

3. Thanks for the reply.
    I was just wondering what I should put in the compost? Like I am scared that something will attract bacteria that will kill my plants or something..

4. ohhh.. I dont know anything about that man.. I know alot of the guys put there unused fruits and veggies into it that is also organic. They have compost starters that are usually nitrogen based to help the microbes get started.. @jerry111165 should know more about it..

• Like Like x 1
  5. also, I have seen people put yard waste in it too, like gras clippings, leaves, all that.. but not sure how organic it would stay with the stuff people put on their lawns ya know?

6. Yeh. But my whole lawn is fake grass.. Hah. But I will try looking it up.

7. Easy organic soil for beginners sticky will give you a great idea of what to make your soil with. It's what I'll be using.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Do you have a link to it or something?

9. Composting a good soil takes time and that seems like something you dont have if your plants are already going, I would recommend Getting a nice bag of FFOF add a small bag of Happy Frog add 3 to 4 cups of espoma kelp meal, 3 to 4 cups of Espoma Tomato tone a pound of wormcasting and a couple tablespoons of hical dolomite lime mix it all up real good water it let it sit for about a week or 2 and then move your plants into it, you will have enough organic nutes in there to get you through flower. Here is my plant that is 130 days old roughly and i have given it nothen but water. IMG_1779.JPG IMG_1781.JPG

• Like Like x 3
  10. be sure to add extra perlite as well for drainage, forgot to mention that.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Yeah that I'm new so I don't know how to do the link thing yet I can show you a smiley face smoking a joint though :smoke: bam how bout that!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1