Grasscity - Cyber Week Sale - up to 50% Discount

Organic soil recipe

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by OCHydroponics, Nov 17, 2014.

1. Hello all, i am currently gathering my stuff for my next run in which I'm gonna completely leave bottles nutes and pre mixed bags of soil. I have read the easy soil mix for beginners and have a grasp on what is needed (sort of)
    I've come up with this basic soil mix to use for my last few weeks of veg and hopefully my whole flower cycle with help of some ACT

This is following the 7.5 gal recipe
    1/2 part sphagnum peat moss
    1/2 part agrowinn ewc (I was thinking of also mixing this with half bu's blend compost)
    1/2 part perlite
    1 cup neem meal
    1/2cup alfalfa
    1/2cup crab meal
    1cup kelp meal
    4 cups of the agrowinn rock dust

How does this mix sound? Will it last through flower or should I used some ACTs?
    My goal is to reuse this soil and amend after each grow to save money

Also, how much of each product would I need to make 110 gallons?
    I will be running 20 plants consistently and using FFHF as my veg soil for clones that are still maturing before using this mix
    Any help is appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. On a side note here are some nug shots of my current fox farm grow

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1416196237.173652.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1416196248.559042.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1416196260.465840.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1416196270.371180.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1416196298.451401.jpg

These will be ready for Chopping in about 2 weeks

3. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1416197739.247579.jpg
    Also came across this that LD had recommended. I couldn't find the grow with that mix but it did spark my interest for some reason

4. Well, 110 gallons is 14.6cf and your recipe is for 1cf (7.5 gallons), all you need to do is the math. But I'd round it up to an even 15cf.

I'd also reduce the rock dust to 2cups/cf and add 1cup/cf of lime. Dolomitie or calcitic, your call.

Everything else looks Ok to me.

Wet

5. 15cf it is, thanks a bunch.
    Ok so

1/2 part sphagnum peat moss
    1/2 part agrowinn ewc (I was thinking of also mixing this with half bu's blend compost)
    1/2 part perlite
    1 cup neem meal
    1/2cup alfalfa
    1/2cup crab meal
    1cup kelp meal
    1cup calcitic lime
    2 cups of the agrowinn rock dust

Any opinions on the post I snapshotted?

Both are excellent humus sources and I've run Malibu B/U's compost with my EWC. Before I had the EWC working I ordered full pallets of the Argowinn and split the order with friends and I visited their operation at one point.

Looks good!

CC

7. How is bu's blend with the ewc?
    I'm gonna be guestimating tonight by putting some FFHF into a 5 gal bucket and seeing how many of those sized bags I would need of ewc and bu blend.

8. Malibu B/U is an excellent compost so it pairs well with other quality humus materials like Argowinn's EWC...

9. Thank you for then info, I can not wait to see the quality I get from this run 👌🔥

10. #10 over dere, Nov 17, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2014
    You've got a good road map so therefore you'll do very well. Since your name indicates OC then you could consider using lava rock from a landscape supply yard instead of perlite. Definitely less expensive for starters.

The color doesn't matter much - black, red or white which is really gray. Look for the 1/4" size...

You could check with Orange County Farm Supply in Tustin as well...

CC

11. #11 OCHydroponics, Nov 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2014
    I've done a bit of reading and looked at subcools recipe but I always see jerry and others choosing the beginners guide over it. So why waste my time there when I can reuse this one 👌

Awesome I'll definitely take that into consideration, anything that'll save me a couple bucks
    I'll stop by there on my way to Laguna to pick up bu's compost
    10 dollars to ship 40lb of agrowinn ewc 👌

Are you in the area? I'm looking for some quality clones with genetics that are true and not just a cutting with a name thrown on
    My current plan is going up to San Francisco in 2 weeks for clones

12. So my plan is to veg some clones in happy frog for about 3 weeks then transplant into their final 5gal containers with this soil mix. After that I will veg for another 3 weeks to fill the scrog they will be under and then switch to flower
    Will my soil have enough food to last 3 weeks veg and 10 weeks of flower?
    Or should I top dress around week 2 of flower with some VC maybe a little kelp/alfalfa teas?

13. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1416459739.954539.jpg
    Say hello to my dog while you all slowly analyze my few sentences

"1/2 part agrowinn ewc (I was thinking of also mixing this with half bu's blend compost)"

Sounds like an excellent plan to me. Thermal compost is a wonderful part of any good soil.

Beautiful animal! Say hello to Max. :)

IMG_1562.jpg

j

15. That is a nice looking boy right there! I fell in love with this breed. I'll soon have a female imported from Germany. They're so intelligent!
    Thanks jerry! I'm excited to get this mixed and cooking :)
    I will have a grow journal starting in about 2 weeks after my drive to San Francisco. Meanwhile I'll mix this weekend and let it sit until my final transplant 👌