Organic products

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by weetam, Feb 6, 2017.

1. Hey guys n gals..I have at my disposal...sphagnum peat Earth ...worm castings..Chilean seabird guano...
    Guano with algae..and blackstrap molasses,but I'm needing help to put it together for an organic grow...is this all i would need for an organic grow,what proportions etc.i also have plagron alga grow and alga bloom normal bio type nutes from grow shop....
    Would I have to use any of this to add to the guano etc. I know there are a lot of organic soil mixes on this site but I don't have access to some of the products so basically I'm asking if what I have I can grow organically with.
    Any help much appreciated !

2. if the castings are of quality then you could use what you have, just need to add an aeration component (lava rock, pumice, perlite etc). for the base mix equal part of peat and castings, and about 1.5 parts aeration.
    you will need to add garden lime, about a cup per cubic foot of base and you could add maybe 1/2c of your guano and algae.
    might not be the best but it should grow you some herb.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Thanks scoobie for advice and taking time to reply....cheers !

• Like Like x 1
  5. Can you find organic compost? A third total volume can be compost. You need a drainage component, consider sandy loam from right outside. Should provide silicate as well. A third can also be sandy loam. Peat moss becomes hydrophobic and makes top watering a pain. Bottom watering is good for peat based soil as it will wick up into the ssoil over a few hours and you don't have to sit patiently with a turkey baster.

What kind of department stores do you have? Lowes? Homedepot? Walmart?

• Like Like x 2
  6. Sorry took so long to reply MastaP...but have now found 50lt bag of composted horse manure...dont really know how to use or in what quantity but thought it must be useful when i saw it...the stores dont apply as i live in spain and buy some stuff off ( growbarato) a spanish site with the option to change language to english...i bought a try pack of nutrients from a spanish company called Mariagreen and its the best grow i have had using their nutes and before i used...plagron / biocanna /
    Etc. any ideas now i have the compost would be mucho aprecio.....

7. Hi peeps...has anyone used blood fish and bone meal mix
    If so is it worth using and easy to use....

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

8. I have used them all mainly outdoors but switched to other organics due to animals digging up my soil. I woukd recommend Alfalfa from a feed store over blood meal but bone and fish is good stuff i think.

9. Thanks for reply Boggieman....what i was talking about was...blood fish bone altogether in one tub from amazon its by vitax...i live in spain so its kinda difficult to source them individually..so what do you think is it worth trying ..im growing in pots outside.. plenty sunshine and trying to kinda grow organic but dont know if im doing it right or not....cheers man !!

10. I've used the down to earth product line that can be found on amazon. They have quite a few products. Kelp, neam, and alfalfa are a good starting point

the quantum leap: indoor multi strain perpetual organic journal
    Indoor organic

11. Quick question peeps...has anyone had two plants germinate from one seed ie. Two stems and two sets of leaves...and if so how did you work with it....