Organic Phosphorus Remedy

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by jakrustle, Nov 4, 2010.

1. How close are your lights and what is the schedule?

Maybe move the light a little further away and increase dark time by a little.

2. Stank, I think the fact that I have just gone to 12/12 and have the HPS light about 10 inches away, things are beginning to improve already.

Like Wet says, I gotta leave the poor things alone for a while. Too much attention has caused me problems in the past. Nothing but water and Protekt for soaks and foliar for a little while.

Wet, definitely not going to give up on these plants yet. I got about 7.5 weeks to go, and a lot could change. I thought about keeping in veg for a while, but I thought the change to 12/12 would get them growing with the added rest time with 12 hours darkness.

Stank and Wet, thanks for the advice. I will keep you up to date. ONe last thing, does 24/7 usually stack up plants like this, keep them so compact??

JaK

3. I should have read a little more first. I thought you were still in veg. I usually do 20-4 schedule when vegging. They don't need dark, but it helps them stretch a little. It should start to stretch now that flowering has started.

4. Stankie, that was the first time I did the 24/7 light. Had to due to some logistics at home. this was the first time I had veg plants going along with a some flowering plants. I didn't have a second timer so I just left the lights on until I harvested the other plants. Timing was good, but the plants didn't exactly come out as planned. Now that I harvested my others, I got these new ones in the tent under the HPS. I usually veg with the 18/6 schedule, but I think this next one I will try yours. These C 99's seeds I got have turned out a variety of plants over three grows. One never the same as the others. Got any good suggestions for seeds? Low odor, bushy, not too hard to grow?

thanks, Stankie.

JaK

5. My last 2 grows were with clones. I am just sprouting some seeds for my next grow, but some of the root tips are dieing. I have Mandala seeds now. I grew some white widow last round that was pretty easy to grow and turned out dank as f@ck. I don't know what seed breeder the clone came from though and it was quite fragrant. My Purple Urkle I have going now is pretty bushy and not smelly, but I think it is clone only. Maybe someone figured out a way to seed her though.

6. no problem, Stank. If you hear of any good seeds out there, keep me in mind. I got the C99 because they said it was low odor, but man, when oyu walked in our house you could smell it very easily in any room. I guess some other strains must be really crazy stinky.

7. Is there anything else in flower now?

IDK about the odor, but you have short and bushy covered with those 2 little ones. Tight internodes like that are what you want in a plant.

Myself, I would keep those in veg longer and seriously consider getting some clones from them. Those could be great host plants for a perpetual harvest or SOG type thing. Maybe it's just me, but I see a lot of potential there in those plants.

I wouldn't flower them until I had some clones going for the future. I'm that impressed by the growth habit.

Wet

8. nirvana's: blue mystic*---most have no scent. Northern light*---most have no scent. citral*---interestingly it smells like it's not there. bubbilicious*---look for the bubblegum scented one, great stone too. purple power plant*---look for the lemon one, one of my mom's is one of these. K-2* if you can find the seeds, fantastic purple in most k-2's too.

white seeds: bubblegummer, doublegum. These are not as reliable as the nirvana ones, and are probably just more crosses from the nirvana ones, but cheep and you can grow out like 40 for the price of 5.

serious seeds: chronic*---look for no odour or lemon.

greenhouse seed comp: arjan's haze*, they all smell like nuts and leather and tobacco to me, really beautiful to look at. lemon haze*---look for the lemon one.

any c-99, or NL X c-99 crosses---look for berries.

anyone's blueberry*, it takes a practiced hand to grow out a true blueberry tho, they grow funny. NO odor, creepy ooking bushes, smokes fantastic if you find the right one tho.

kali mist* (love this stuff, it's a womans aphrodisiac).

any NL x blueberry cross, because most NL's and most Blueberry's are low odour.

any NL#5 x haze cross, but dronkers made the best because they have the best mom and dad NL#5. Sensei seeds have stable outcomes too.

eva seeds: nexus, papa's candy*---like durban, very anise/licorice. monster--- probably a chronic, grows the same.

dutchman's: royal orange*, weed out the skunks and you are left with non-skunk phenos with a decent orange liqour flavour.

THC seeds: s.a.g.e. * This smells like basil and lime.

mandela's white satin*---look for the herbal one it's low odour but some are fruity and not bad either, satori*---acrid but not pungent, more like chestnuts burning on a hearth, mandela's #1*---lots of pheno flavours great shopping for pheno's here. eight miles high*---look for orange, mellon, gum, raspberry, pinecones, or spearmint. Kalichakra* the stems on this smell like incenses really sweet.

sjamaan's white widow ---you have to look thru a few packs for the low odour one here but it's worth it. and lemon widow*--- nice, lemon.

These have a higher percentage of less-skunk pheno's from my growings, but you have to plant the whole pack, rub the leaves and stems as they grow and pull the skunky or sweaty ones. The remainders are the ones you take farther into adulthood and eventually flower. Keepers are the ones with tolerable levels of scent. Find a mom. LST any decent smelling pheno that is sativa prone and again, find a mom thru selection.

* is greatest % of keepers (low odour) in the packs.

9. Skunk, excellent information, mon! Thanks so very much. Now, of course, I have the C 99 (Joey Weed), I was just writing up an order for the C99xBlueberry, but still thinking about it. Getting input from my wife, but she just defers to my preference. Wow, she is really trusting!! Anyway, I appreciate all the thoughts on seeds. I am probably going to order from Hemp Depot again. I don't know if you have ever tried them. Seem to be OK so far as far as I know. Seeds are very reasonable, $57.00 for 10. Makes me wonder a bit why they are so inexpensive, but I am more concerned about my abilities for now. Plus, I gotta get the lighting issue, need more intense light, resolved - very quickly. All it takes is money!! Thanks again for the info, Skunk.

JaK

10. This place has great prices and good selection, and the people are above board: Mandala Seeds : Hopefulgrow, The Seed Bank

just in case you wanted to try another place. She defereing to your preference is good, you grow the stuff, some plants are easier to grow than others...but most people each have their own basic built-in preference as to the type of high they like to experience. numb/painrelief-creative-trippy-visual-active-peaceful-calm-antianxiety-happy-racey/anxious-veryhigh-flying/soaring-introspective-passivelyobservant-giggly-horney-whathaveyou, you could poll her basic desire for finale outcomes and line up a weed that is type specific and try to grow one out that fits her vote. Women are not men, they think and feel diferently than men, ie, she might really like something different than you like. My hubby and i smoke weed that's miles apart on the 'type of high scale'. I grow his fav, my fav, a purple thing everybody likes and try out lots of others in the process of it all. She can always PM me if she wants to ask a woman grower with lots of strain experience.

11. JaK

I'll have to tell you about a seed-seek adventure a couple of friends of mine did last winter up in Vancouver, B.C. - home to the 'keys to the kingdom' right?

LMAO

Yeah - something like that.

LD

12. The island has some great stuff too.

13. One of the best breeders from the old B.C.G.A. (British Columbia Growers Association) was/is 'Jordan of The Islands'

The stuff of legends. His stuff makes its way down to Washington and Oregon and is well appreciated!

B.C.G.A. (the old group anyway) has some of the best genetics available in that they've never been through the Dutch scene. That's my personal opinion anyway - nothing worthy of note.

LD

14. For an introduction into the history of cannabis seed genetics outside the story as told by 'the Dutch' is an interesting one.

Some terms that one might find helpful are 'Sacred Seeds' from the Pacific Northwest, 'Old Ed' from Southern Oregon who taught Neville and the rest of the kids in Holland on how to grow sinsemilla.

Then there's the B.O.E.L. (Brotherhood of Eternal Love) out of Laguna Beach, California and their connection with Timothy Leary and their involvement with the Afghani hashish deal from 1966 - 1971 where it is claimed by the D.E.A. that this group imported and distributed over 450,000 tons of hash during their reign. Killed by cocaine and nothing to do with the D.E.A. as things turned out. It was their importation of seeds which became the basis of several breeding programs up and down the West Coast that is most interesting.

Then you can check out the B.C.G.A. (British Columbia Growers Association) which had their own genetics and program. Still do.

Then there was the deal out of Northern California that operated under a couple of names depending on who is telling the story. LOL

Just a couple of things to look up and ponder perhaps.

LD

15. I kinda wonder where the ones coming out of Spain in the last 15 years originated, probably actual land race hybreds like some claim because the pheno's are all over the place but the weed is far superior to the Dutch ones, which are all basically the same from breeder to breeder now. I love the Dutch stories though, who-fucked-who, who-pimped-who, who-stolefrom-who, who-burneddown-who, who-slandered-who, who-policed-who, who-govermented-who, who-wroteabout-who... funny collection.

16. are you talking about Mandala - or is there anyone else?

17. Mandala, Kannabia Marihuana, Cannabislandia, Hypersemillas, La Mota, Little Amsterdam, Cannabiogen, BBZZ, Positronics, Resin Seeds, Pyramidseeds/Pyramid Seeds, there are others, and some good Portagese ones too.

18. Skunk, very nice of you to provide the info. She seems to like the C99 so far. She gets somewhat energetic and approves of the results. She is liking the sound of a c99 cross with blueberry. I think i talked her into it anyway. probably going to give it a try. thanks again for the time you took to write. cool of you.

JaK

19. LD, you know I used to live in Redmond Washington. I used to go up to Vancouver quite a bit. Sure wished I lived there now that I am getting into the growing. Your trip sounds like a trip. Be glad to hear about it sometime.

Hope your day is fabulous.

JaK

20. WOW, i had no idea - is it because it's legal to grow down there? and the cops are lazy:D
    i bought Mandala seeds from Hipersimillas, but i assumed they are just resellers