Organic Outdoor Bagseed Grow

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by Cannabliss88, May 12, 2011.

1. So I will now show you my updated pictures from earlier today. From here on out I will refer to them as Plant 1 and Plant 2.

Plant 1 is the plant first plant I put outdoors. It is the one that survived near freezing temperatures early on and has more narrow leaves.

Plant 2 is the plant with broader leaves (indica dominant I believe but please correct me if I'm wrong)

In each updated phase of growth you will notice plant 1 is pictured first to avoid confusion.

Earlier tonight I staked down both plants a second time but only remembered to do a "before" picture for plant 2 before doing the staking. After staking them down I watered heavily with Neptunes Harvest fish and seaweed then sprayed them with "Deer Out" all natural deer repellent. I also sprayed the repellant around the perimeter of the plants and peed around them because you can never be too careful with the amount of deer we have in these woods.

Here is Plant 1 after being staked down. I used wire from a clothes hanger again but its hard to see being that its not painted. When I get the chance I'm gonna replace the white stakes with unpainted ones for reduced visibility:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here is Plant 2 before and after being staked down for the second time. For some reason its shoots are responding faster than the first plant to the LST:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. #22 Cannabliss88, Jul 13, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2011
    I took your advice and the advice of another blade.

Those white plant lice and a couple other random pests have done serious damage to both of my plants but especially Plant 1.

The LST has been a success except for the fact that these fukin pests are now taking over. It was yesterday that I realized how serious the problem had become and today I found plant 1 half eaten.

Racing to beat the sunset I picked up some neem oil extract by Garden Safe from Lowes.

It was mostly moonlight that lit the way by the time I mixed it all up and raced out there and neemed the mutherfukers in the moonlight. I could not afford another night of this evil feasting.

I sprayed it at the lowest recommended strength but I sprayed heavily being sure to get the undersides of the leaves. I watched the bastards jump ship and sprayed them as they ran away. I also sprayed the perimeter and dumped the excess mixture around the area as well.

This is all out war now, organic style!

I will post the pictures of the damage they did as soon as I get the chance to upload them and in future posts hopefully you will see my two strong little girls make a full recovery and grow bigger than ever. I know they will.

3. So I go back out this morning to find about 5 of those little bastards freshly killed on the underside of the leaves of Plant 2:hello::hello::hello:

Unfortunately there was still 1 hanging out on Plant 1 (which I quicky smashed with my finger as another hopped away) so I will reapply the Neem very soon but this time at full strength and when theres still enough daylight to make sure I don't miss a spot.

I wonder why these bugs like Plant 1 so much more than Plant 2. Could it have anything to so with the ants living near by? Do ants eat cannabis and is neem effective against them?:confused::confused::confused:

4. Although the situation is not funny, I know bugs always suck, but the mental images I had going through my mind reading your organic style war post was hysterical, only because i've had similar experiences, always racing against time. Glad to hear it worked for you, such a great oil, so many uses and so effective. Hopefully you get the rest of those little dirty bastards! :cool:

5. damn man nice plants! hope you figure a way to get rid of the bugs!

6. I hope so too but I may have spoken too soon. Maybe it was that I didn't spray enough the first time, maybe it was the light rain we had or maybe it was the lack of visibility when I sprayed but despite killing a few it wasn't nearly enough.

Early this morning I went out right after sunrise to find Plant 1 reduced to little more than a stem and Plant 2 was half eaten:mad:

This time I sprayed then both to the point of soaking them with the neem mixed at the highest recommended amount (2 Tablespoons/gallon).

There is definitely still lots of life in Plant 2 and even plant 1 had tiny tiny "leaflets" left but sadly its now basically a stem:(

I will take pictures tomorrow and post them to show you all what happened

Thanks man. I sure wish they still looked anything like that. My plants seem unharmed by the neem so if full strength hasn't worked by tomorrow I'm thinking of doubling or even trippling the amount.

I can see this stuff killing them but unfortunately not fast enough.

If superneeming them still doesn't work I will have to add something else to my regime.

It was a ghetto guerrilla grow from the start so I knew there were no guarantees from the get-go but these are still some hardy girls worth fighting for and I am not about to even think of giving up on them.

7. Nice grow man!
    Seeing this makes me wish I started my outdoor grow.
    The conditions would've been amazing! I'm Canada's only hot desert.

8. I've looked through a bunch of indoor grows. I want to follow an outdoor one. I know nothing about growing, but look forward to learning more here!

9. #29 Cannabliss88, Aug 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2011
    This is an old pic just to show you the devastation from those bugs and how Plant 1 died:(
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is a recent picture of my 1 plant now. Gave it Dr. Earth mixed in the soil, fish and seaweed and sprayed a LOT of neem the get the bastards off my plant.

I pulled the stakes out as LST only caused me problems with all the bugs around

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. #30 Lessernot, Aug 4, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2011
    Damn man, those bugs really did a number on #1. It's always sad to see a good plant eaten by bugs. I, myself, just finished an outside bagseed grow. Didn't get to journal it, but I learned so much stuff. With pest such as dear and what not, I cut up some uber scent-heavy soap and put it out in a circle around my plants. I also mixed some crushed red pepper, cayenne pepper, garlic, and anything else I though might deter any potential problems, and dusted the hell out of the area, mainly in a circle around my plants again. Now, that being said, the reason I had problems was because (I think) I used some Alaska Fish Emulsion and molasses in my soil. Racoons love fish, dirt under plants smelled like fish, 1+1= Plants dug up completely. I also had those little bugs on mine too. They didn't get on till right before harvest, so I didn't mess with them. I also used the LST method and I loved it. I've used topping before but to me, it seemed to really slow the growth when I removed plant material. LST'ing didn't bother them at all. Now, I have to offer you some advice. There is a product you can get at Lowes or Home Depot, it's Espoma Bio-Tone Starter and Starter Plus, I use the plus. It contains all kinds of goodies for the soil, like Endo & Ecto Mycorrhizae. I can't really brag enough about the stuff, considering the fact you don't have to special order it or get it online. Something easy to find, cheap, and works. Try you some, you'll love it. Check out my bagseed grow sometime. It's also all organic and has a detailed list of the products I use, all of which are easy to find and cheap. I also have some experiments going on too. Like using rabbit/guinea pig food. My idea behind it being that those animals eat plant material so their food will contain only that. After looking at the label, it's got all the major organic soil amendments and what not, already in it. Now, that being said, there is also some stuff in there that I'm NOT sure about. Hince the term, experiment, lol. Next time you're out in town, go check out the co-op or farm and feed store. Where ever the farmer type might go to get farm/livestock type of stuff. I found my oyster shell there, along with alfalfa and a few other things. Even check out the horse and chicken/fowl area. I found the oyster with the chicken stuff. My all time best advice for keeping it simple and organic is to think outside the box. I think we could share alot of info/help/advice. Good luck and much love

11. Thank you for all your advice and personal experience. I had 2 healthy plants growing but because of those damn bugs I'm now down to 1.:(

The good news is that I finally eradicated those pests using neem oil. It works miracles and I highly recommend it but you have to play around with it till you get it right. I'll definitely continue using it.

As for deer I'm using an all natural repellant spray called Deer Out and I never had a problem with deer.

My plant was originally in a pot filled with Fox Farm Ocean Forrest soil and Dr. Earth organic all purpose plant food which contains many of those beneficial soil microbes you were talking about.

When I put it in the ground I mixed in the rest of my Fox Farm as well as Espoma soil which also contains some beneficial soil microbes. At that time I mixed in Dr. Earth Organic Vegetable fertilizer (adding more nutes and microbes) along with the soil and I mixed more Dr. Earth in the ground a few weeks ago.

I also water with Neptunes harvest fish and seaweed at triple strength whenever I get the chance. All the products I use except the Fox Farm I am able to get at Lowes or my local garden center.

I checked out your indoor organic bagseed grow and its looking nice. I'm sure there's a lot we can learn from each others grows.

I just went out an hour ago to check on my plant and its making a great recover.:hello:
    I'm very glad I undid the LST. I did not see a single pest and there is lots of new healthy foliage growing but still no sign of sex. Obviously I'm hoping for a female but even if I got a male thats just more seeds for next years grow.

Here is my plant from just an hour ago:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. Just to update everyone my plant is doing better than ever. New pics will be posted soon. Still no sign of sex though.

Does anyone know if there's anything I can do to speed up flowering. Covering the plant every day is just not an option and neither is bringing it inside.

I know light is the main thing that determines when a plant goes into flowering but are there any organic nutrients I can use that can speed up the process?

13. Ahem........where's the aforementioned pics?

chunk

14. Sorry for the wait but here are the updated pictures as promised. They were taken 5 days ago (I'm currently out of town for the week)

Sadly my plant turned out to be male:( This was the first time I saw signs of sex so I'm still hopeful that its a hermie.

The good news is the plant is really bouncing back and I was able to get pretty stoned off a bowl of dried pollen sacks I picked from one of the branches.

I will not let this plant go to waste as I now know for a fact there is a high thc content. I am thinking of making it into cannabutter for edibles but letting it mature first.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I am open to any advice, questions, comments, feedback etc. This is not over! As long as I am growing a plant full of thc the show must go on!

15. pretty sure you can still make butter out of male plants, chop him up and try! no harm in tryin, except wasted regular butter if it doesnt work out.

16. So I went out today for the first time since my last set of pictures. I was glad to see that my plant survived the hurricane and was in full bloom.

I have discovered that the pollen sacks are smokable when dried and will get you high. I have read that the pollen contains thc so this makes sense.

Smoke Report:
    Appearance: Green pollen "buds" and small flowers. Pollen flies everywhere when disturbed. I would not call them "balls" as they are more teardrop shaped and nothing more than unopened flowers.

Smell: Green and grassy with a nice overtone of skunk

Taste: Crappy but tolerable. Very green flavor without the taste of bud and harsh smoke but nothing horrible.

High: Nice head and body high but much less potent than dank. Very uplifting sativa high but also the relaxing indica stone.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. better hope theres no more hidden grows around yours...if you let that boy go too far he'll start air humpin those bitches.

18. well regardless that it was male, at least you had some fun right? Looks like you did a nice job anyway! Look forward to the next one :hello:

19. Bump* what's goin on in the garden cAnnab?

20. Well there are new pics on the way. The leaves are turning yellow, purple and red and there is a lot of stretch. There are new pollen sacks forming. The new ones actually look somewhat like bud until you look closer. The pollen sacks and tiny leaves now have some nice trichomes and a stronger scent but the growth is much slower.

This plant must have good genetics to have survived out of all the rest. It is the second one I planted too and it survived a fucking hurricane, heat wave and endless rain here in nj.

I am still confused however on the correct way to collect and save the pollen. Can anyone enlighten me on the subject?:smoke: