Organic Outdoor 2021

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by High Brix, Apr 1, 2021.

1. Hello Boy, thanks most everything is doing great and everything is in flower now. This one plant continues to struggle. I am thinking it could maybe be russet mites. Going to check under a magnifying glass tomorrow. Take a look and let me know what you think.

Have a good one,

Brix

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  2. Hello GC,

After my last post, I noticed that the condition on the one deficient plant has now spread to the other plants indicating a pest problem and not a nutrient deficiency like I had previously thought. As suspected, I do have a russet mite infestation that has been going on for almost 3 months now. I feel really stupid for not investigating more now because some early spray applications would have allowed better growth rates and overall health. My past experience with russet mites was quite different before as I had watched plants die within 2-3 weeks if not treated properly. For some reason, the plants have been able to grow regardless of the infestation and the damage is isolated to the top sections of the plants. I think the plants were able to fight off the mites because they are very healthy. I sprayed two days ago and the color and overall look has improved already.

Brix

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Nice investigative work Brix
    I've never had to deal with those russets, but the thought scares me, hope I never have to. Awesome job!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Hello GC,

The ladies with the mites are already doing better after the first spray application. I am going to spray them every other day for the next couple weeks and will alternate with BT spraying for worms. The ladies are getting large and the early flowering Pistachio is setting up to have many 2-3 foot tops.

Brix

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  5. Following your monster plants has def made me wanna do a couple next year.. what size bags do you use? I was thinking of going with 200. I'll also probably cut the bottoms out of the bags so the roots also go into the ground.

Those are absolutely amazing!

Sent from my LM-X420 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  6. Hello Hybrid, I used 100 gallons this year because of the size area I am growing in, but the ladies still outgrew the space. If you have lots of room, I would recommend going in a 400 gallon, amending the ground below, and cutting some slits in the bottom of the pot. Although the roots will go through the fabric pot anyway. You can get 10 lbs or more using that method for sure.

Have a good one!

Brix

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Goals man… goals

• Like Like x 2
  8. Hello GC,

Site #2 is in flower and setting up nice. I picked about 2,000 leaves yesterday and now you can see though the hedge. I plan to leaf at least one more time and that should do it for these ladies. No issues with these ladies, no mites and no mildew as of yet.

Brix

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  9. Hello GC,

I worked on the ladies at site #2 this afternoon and cleaned them up more and then sprayed for worms. Everything is in flower and smelling good already. I went over to the neighbors and he has a good view of them, and they are way over the fence. The last 2 pics are of my favorite lady here, a Pistachio with heavy a gassy OG nose.

Brix

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Hello GC,

Here is the last Vanilla Latte auto flower that was the run of the bunch but got bigger. Finished at 70 days. Super sweet like candy!

Brix

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  11. Site #1 is doing well despite the russet mites. There are sections on the top of all the Jelly Ranchers still showing stunted growth but not as bad as I thought it could get. Everything is pushing out fat tops and smelling very nice. The early Pistachio is still about 3 weeks out and continues to grow with tops 2-3 feet and looking to be coke can size diameter. The biggest Jelly is looking to yield 5 lbs,

Brix

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Hello GC,

Site #2 is doing great with no issues. The ladies are shooting out fat tops everywhere and flowering fast. The last two pics are my favorite! A Pistachio with big fat chunky buds early flowering with a gassy OG nose. This lady gets the least amount of sunlight and is still filling in amazingly!

Brix

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. The early flowering Pistachio at site #1 is looking to finish within a week. Big, fat, sticky, chunky buds that smell like hash. Definitely a winner!!!

Brix

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. How many hours of light are you getting over there?

15. Jeebus that's amazing.

16. As of today the light hours are 12 hours, 56 minutes, and will be around 2 minutes less each day.

Brix

• Like Like x 1
  17. Hello Sirlnfi, thanks man everything is looking great with excellent quality and yield. I had and still have some issues and things could have been better if I had the time to put into it, but overall I am super happy with the results I am getting.

Have a good one!

Brix

• Like Like x 2
  18. I’m getting right about an hour more, I’m curious if outdoor plants here would still flower around the same time

19. That is a good question. They most likely take a little longer where you are but would probably finish by mid September or 3rd week.

Brix

• Like Like x 1
  20. Hello GC,

My early Pistachio at site #1 is far enough along to start taking some buds but is still continuing to grow. Getting fat and sticky!

Brix

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2