Organic Outdoor 2021

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by High Brix, Apr 1, 2021.

1. Thanks NA, I appreciate that. I have cuttings rooted of this early flowering Pistachio. The clones also went into flower a little but are starting to revert now. Should have some feminized seeds made in about 5 months and will hook you up with some.

Brix

• Like Like x 1
  2. Hello GC,

The ladies at site #1 are continuing to grow and looking great. I am applying more trellis netting as the ladies grow and they will likely need it another time.

There is one lady that has not looked well for months and I can't seem to figure it out. I seem to get it to being healthy and then it continues with odd growth. I do not think it is a genetic defect as all the other plants look great. The top of the plant continues to struggle with small crinkled leaves, and disproportionately smaller leaves compared to the bottom. Maybe nutrient deficiency or virus, not sure.

Any ideas or suggestions anybody?

Brix

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  3. Howzit Brix

The garden(s) looks killa. These are some real biggies man, those are hard to take care of, impressive grow!
    Don't see a pic of any weird growth...
    But I get some funky leaves now and then when the thrips attack the new growth hard.
    - Irie vibes!

4. Some monsters man! I need to increase my pot size! Lol

Sent from my LM-X420 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Hello PB, thanks everything is coming along nicely. I will post some better pictures of the plant with the issues so you can get a better look.

Have a good one!

Brix

• Like Like x 1
  6. Hello Hybrid, yes big pots make big plants. If I had the space and the time I would be going in 400 gallon instead of the 100 gallon that I used this year. I have friends that do 10 lb. plants in a 400 gallon. Looks like an orange grove, super cool!

Have a good one!

Brix

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Hello GC,

I stopped by site #2 today and gave the final top dress of 4-4-4. Put down about 5 lbs. per plant and this should carry them through flower with the amendments already in the ground. The second netting, I applied loosely and laid it over and connected together so I can adjust as the ladies grow out and I pulled off the net to allow the branches to come out another time, This seems to be working well and I might not have to apply any more netting. Hope so!

Brix

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. 5lbs per plant lol stop embarrassing me and my 1/4 cup per plant

9. Hello NA, no I put down 5 lbs of amendments per plant. Lol, I am hoping for some to do 5 lbs but probably closer to 2-3 per plant average.

Have a good one!

Brix

• Like Like x 1
  10. Hello GC,

Here is an update on the early flowering Pistachio. Stinky and frosty already. I have rooted cuttings and will be making feminized seeds from this wonderful lady soon!

Brix

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. I know, I meant 5lbs of amendments… I bought 3 lbs of craft blend which is good enough to get me through at least 5 small autos of mine. Those girls are huge is what I’m getting at lol

12. Hello NA, sorry I misread your quote. Lol, yeah a 1/4 cup would probably only last a day or two. Your plants are really nice and I know with the right genetics you could kill it outdoors. I am going to get you some Early Pistachio seeds. Hopefully, they flower as early for you as it is for me. Where are you at by the way?

Have a good one!

Brix

• Like Like x 1
  13. I’m in Alberta Canada, right above Montana. I definitely do not have an ideal outdoor season here but at least I can get away with autos since they’re so quick. I’d need a photo to be done by early October if I don’t want it to see snow/freeze

14. Hello GC,

I stopped by my friends where I started the Vanilla Latte auto flower. Looking good with a little variance in the genetics.

Brix

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  15. Hello NA, I think this early flowering Pistachio will work well for you up there. I am confident it will finish in September where you are.

Have a good one!

Brix

• Like Like x 2
  16. Keep me updated on that, I’d gladly put one or two outside next year. Yours is looking so good already

• Like Like x 1
  17. Hello GC,

I have rooted clones now of every lady and am vegging them out indoors for the late summer planting and the winter crop, and will also be making seeds.

Brix

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  18. Stopped by site #2 and #3 today. The ladies are continuing to grow and looking beautiful!

Brix

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. Hello GC,

I was away for a week and just returned. Site #2 and site #3 are both in flower now and looking good, except site #3 has some powdery mildew that has started. Probably partly due because it is shaded for half the day. Not that big of a deal except of the extra work. Will update on site #1 soon also.

Brix

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. Howzit High Brix - plants look amazing. You have some early bloomers there, already frosty. Hope you had a good week away!