Organic Outdoor 2021

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by High Brix, Apr 1, 2021.

1. Thanks PoiBoy, yes I was happy to get started on time and I think it is going to be a good year!

• Like Like x 1
  2. #22 High Brix, Jun 7, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2021
    Stopped by site #2 today and plants there are looking great and starting to dig in. Going to top dress with a little 4-4-4 and hit them with some seaweed and the girls will be happy!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 6
  3. Gaia Green 4-4-4?

4. It's called Perfect Blend 4-4-4. It is a agriculture product for commercial growers that I have been using for over 12 years. It is an amazing product. Check your local Ag store for availability.

Brix

• Like Like x 2
  5. Was just curious cause Gaia Green would mean that you’re Canadian as well

6. I live in Southern California and the company Perfect Blend is out of Washington State.

Brix

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Hello GC,

I made it over to site #3 and dug the holes on my lunch break and picked up ten bags of Ocean Forest to put in the holes and transplant into. At this site I am going to top dress the amendments while the plants are growing instead of mixing into the native soil and putting down with the Happy Frog. I want to get the ladies in the ground as soon as possible as I am getting really busy at work and am afraid the transplant might get delayed, so going with that.

I also am putting this beautiful Pistachio, Indica dominant plant in a 65 gallon Smart Pot at site #1 tomorrow. It is so healthy it looks and feels plastic. Photo below.

Brix

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Hello GC,

I was able to take off a half day of work, and now site #3 is planted, staked and happy. I will begin this week top dressing with some 4-4-4 and hit them with some soluble seaweed extract, and then next week will start laying down some other amendments. I think it is going to be a good year!

Brix

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  9. Lookin good!

10. I'm in SoCal too HB.
    I checked out that Perfect Blend Organics 4-4-4. I have a 50# bag coming, it looks like great stuff, I'll use it for my plants but also planning to prepare an area for a patch of turf.
    Curious have you ever used it in a container grow? Do you apply at the recommended rate/amounts? Any tips on using I would appreciate lots.
    Your plants look healthy, ready to explode!

11. Hello PoiBoy, yes it works great in containers and as a top dressing also. You can use it at rates higher than directions on the label but will burn if given too much at once. Works amazing on all vegetables too. Make sure too add other amendments for flowering as it is really a just veg fertilizer but works well with other amendments in flower.

Have a good one!

Brix

• Like Like x 1
  12. Weather is getting really nice and the girls are turning in to beautiful young ladies. I transplanted the last Pistachio into a 65 gallon smart pot, and it is going to take off now! Will update all sites in a couple days.

Brix

• Like Like x 2
  13. Thanks Brix
    Curious what other amendments you use for flower.
    Im still in smaller 1/2gal pots until sexed, then I'll transfer to my 45s. I've already added amendments to my large pots including lots of compost, DTE biofish, chicken manure pellets, gypsum, azomite, and I topdress Langbeinite starting later veg...etc

14. I am always playing around with soil blends using multiple amendments but this year I went with one of my blends that covers all bases and that I used last year with fantastic results. I do not measure the inputs and tend to mix heavy with the amendments.

Ocean Forest Soil
    Kelp Meal
    Alfalfa Meal
    Feather Meal
    Fish Bone Meal
    Seabird Guano
    Potassium Sulfate
    4-4-4 Balanced Fertilizer with Beneficial Fungi

Have a good one!

Brix

• Like Like x 3
  15. Hello GC,

Site #1 is looking good and growing fast! I opened up all the plants by staking and pulling down the branches. Now the insides are getting more light. Going to make a lot of clones when I skirt everything up in a couple weeks, and give them away to some friends after I root them. Bottom pic is the Indica dominant Pistachio that I planted in a 65 gallon smart pot.

Brix

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  16. Looking super happy

• Like Like x 1
  17. Hello GC,

The ladies at site #1 are looking beautiful. This pic was taken late afternoon and the plants color is about as good as it gets. We are supposed to have sunny days in the mid 80's for the next week and I am expecting some good growth!

Brix

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  18. Today was a beautiful day in the mid 80's and the ladies at site #1 are taking off.

Brix

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 5
  19. So Nice, it's all I can say. Can't wait for them to shoot up.. Real healthy looking plants all round.

I've started my first outdoor grow today, planted 4 seeds Well see how it goes, lol.. I'll definitely be keeping an eye out on your updates. It's always good to broaden the knowledge and method spectrum..

Well done sir!!

Hope you have a wonderful week.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Hello Ratch, thanks they are really doing well!

Good luck on your grow and I'll stop by and take a look sometime soon! Yes, it's always good to see what others are doing and always something new to learn which keeps it interesting and rewarding.

Have a good one,

Brix

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1