Organic or Hydroponics?

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by HEADDS, Jan 15, 2008.

1. I dont care about the difficulty of either setup, which setup would produce danker nugs. Would the hydro setup make hard solid nugs?

2. You have grow organically with a hydro set up... Just dont use synthetic nutrients. Buy the organic nutes... So... ya. Both?

3. DJ Short said himself that the best quality product has always been produced organically in soil. Hydro just doesn't provide the plant with what it has had in nature for millenia. Beneficial soil biology is key in this game of organic growing. Keep them happy and they will do what they need to do.

4. Umm you can grow organicly while growing hydroponically. I also don't think organics will provide "danker" buds, try using the most light you can, sunlight if possible : )

5. mother nature does know best that is why I choose to listen to her.

6. 100% Grade A synthetic.

[​IMG]

Though im sure none of you dirt farmers would smoke this nasty tasting bud:devious:
    :rolleyes:

7. I bet you could make some nice hash from those leaves

8. hydro is only better if you want a faster grow soil in my opinion will leave you with a better smelling and tasting and overall more potent product

9. all the hydro buds i've smoked have been very dense and heavy, though they lack in taste and smell(imho, potency as well) though i think alot of this has to do with people selling the extra water-weight intentionally. i grow organically myself, the buds are super fragrant and when dry they break up very easily and burn to a fine ash.

10. 100% Organic indoor will produce the best product. All the hydroponically grown buds I've seen and smoked have been lacking in potency. While the organic buds are only what growers in Cali Dispenaries grow. That means something there.

Dave

11. you can't build soil biology in a tank of water I am sorry. Has it's place but it isn't in my garden and organic plants in a properly aerated medium can grow quite quickly under proper light using compost teas.

12. can anyone help me-im beggining to use a cloner-"daisy cloner"-and after about a week and a half, my clones didnot have long stringy roots but thick hard white tips-maybe an inch long-is this what im looking for???

13. building "soil biology" in your tank is not necessary.In nature micro organisms must break down organic mater to render them usable to the plants.in hydroponics the nutrient is already broke down and ready to be consumed by the plant.organics takes quite abit more knowledge and is harder to learn to do properly.As for growth well nothing beats hydro for fast growth.hell if you ask me pots full of dirt and cow shit belong outside not in my house!!

14. I do not grow my brew but Im considering starting I have always found hydro to be more chronic but this thread is makin me think otherwise I dont suppose every1 could come to any kind of conclusion about which is better.

P.S Dont give a shit about taste or smell

15. it is really not that hard to be good at keeping your soil rich with the micro-herd that is neccessary to keep your plants happy. Aerated teas are the key in the organic game. Never would grow without it.