Organic offense against broad/russet mites during flowering

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by NorCal.Grows, Aug 12, 2017.

1. ant help and info helps ! Thanks

2. Use essential oils like rosemary, eucalyptus, lemon grass, menthol, just take a spray bottle and that has about a teaspoon of each in it into a 20oz sprayer, spray it down once every 2 days totally natural and it kills AND repels bugs they hate the smell the rosemary oil attacks there nervous system and fries there brain essentially I been using it and it has helped ALOT

First grow ever!

• Like Like x 2
  3. I know people that use it up till like 2 weeks before harvest but when u know the problem is mostly over bug wise go to like a once every 3-4 days spraying just as a deterrent makes them not come back so much when the oils are coating the leaves they don't even want to bite ur plant lol

First grow ever!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Great advice with the essential oils. Also, read here - Spider Mites

J

• Like Like x 4
  5. Mrs Myers all natural hand soap. I use lavender scented. It also contains olive oil and aloe.

• Like Like x 1
  6. olive oil . 1/4 cup of olive oil . 8 teaspoons of dawn dish soap . 1 gallon of water warm water not hot keep shaking it up . spray them once a week . bugs hate this also works on spider mites if you ever have a outbreak people for get to put bug prevent on and then your fighting them if you use this solution they would never be there . rosemary oil posted above is very commonly uses . i tested olive oil i made a post about it i put it on 100 % olive oil onto a test plant and the plant did not care it grew 100 % happy wanted to see if you could hurt them no issues . now if your being organic people will say use neem oil . this oil WILL harm your plants if you over do it and it smells like shit and taste like SHIT . olive oil zero taste or smell .

• Like Like x 1
  7. Dawn is antibacterial...i would use a natural soap. Saponin is also in most natural soaps.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Thanks guys! Will these methods ward off russet and broad mites ? They're real hardy bastards !

9. Coots has been working with soap nuts. They sell organic soap nuts at build a soil. @jerry111165 would saponin be bad for meds?

• Like Like x 1
  10. If u look at most organic pest solutions the main ingredient is rosemary oil that's why I say just stick with the natural oils don't seem to be harming my plant at all and bugs hate it lol

First grow ever!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Will these methods work thru flower ?

12. Absolutely.

Be sure to always spray at lights out so that plants are dry before lights-on...

Start and stick to a regiment of every 48 hours for the first several weeks and then slowly go to every three days, every five days and then back to once a week but don't stop...

YOU NEED TO BREAK THE EGG CYCLE.

By this I mean that what you need to do is to continue to kill the mites so that they can't grow to adulthood and lay more eggs... if you're erratic you're back to square one - so stick to the plan...

Switch essential oils so that they can't get used to or immune to it...

Keep posting. Always pay close attention to the underside of every single leaf and blast/soak the shit outta them.

I'd stop a couple weeks before harvest - how much longer do you have?
    J

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Thanks for the great info jerry , I'm actually growing outdoors and it's gets dark around 9 I've been spraying at night and also when I can early in the morning . I've been also hitting them with diatomaceous earth to mess with em , and they just started to show pistols , so I got a few months still

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Now is the time and over the next month to hit 'em HARD - not sure how far away from the house but also spraying the heck out of them with the hose will help a lot in between too.

I've done a lot of both indoor and outdoor cannabis growing and feel confident that you'll be able to get rid of any pests much, much easier outdoors than you ever will indoors. It's so much easier outdoors .

Good luck!

J

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. For sure Ima give them hell , thanks again bro, I'll give em a good wash down in between now and again I hate the residue it leaves on the beauties anyways !

16. My rosemary plants are covered with mites. Do not waste your time with it. I cut them down. I have been trying avid in veg every 3 days for 9 days now and do not see adults. They do hide between stems. Most often they are clear with 2 black eyes. I see eggs as balls, larvae as worms with black eyes, and adults as clear with clack eyes. If they hide in stems they seem to turn red inside perhaps from eating. I had them in flower and they took over once I stopped spraying neem, flowers started. So neem will keep population down but not eradicated. I spray rooms with straight bleach no water to kill everything. But if on plants they seem to never die. I also think they live on the oak trees as I see same damage on them now. Thinking about something very strong to spray outside around grow house to keep a perimeter

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

17. They seem to get very active the last 4 weeks of flowering. I would never spray once they show flower pistils. My flowers are very strong just tiny. They came in at 24% but only 1/2 per 1000 so that hurt

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

18. I'd have to google around to find the thread but I heard about a method with habanero peppers that is supposed to work like a charm. You have to protect the crap out of yourself though because you're basically making pepper spray. It's non toxic though. You chop and bring about 10-12 peppers to a slight boil and shut down the heat, wear gloves for the chopping. Let the heated peppers sit for 15 minutes and cool then strain the liquid into a sprayer. Protect all your skin and eyes. Spray the plants down outside until dripping and let them dry in the breeze. Clean your grow space in the mean time. Put all the plants back and repeat the treatment in 5 days.

They are tough bugs but have you ever chopped those peppers with no gloves and wiped the knife with your fingers? Get ready for an hour of fire hands. I don't think the bugs can take it. It doesn't effect the plants.

• Like Like x 1