Organic Noob Questions, please help.

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by AJ4217, Sep 28, 2011.

1. Sup GC,
    so basically heres the scenario. Im going to be growing some herb, for my own recreational use, using a micro grow set up consisting of a PC Case grow. Ill be using pots the size of a Ramen Pot Noodle Pot, so rather small pots, meanng rather small plants.
    Its my first time so im not looking for absolutely mindblowing yields, i just want to get some hands on experience and see how a marijuana plant grows.
    The thing is, due to my location, i dont have access to nutes. And i dont really want to use nutes, but everybody is saying they are essential.
    so i was doing my research, and fell upon the organic section of GC, but theres so much stuff on this section with all these big words haha that my high mind is having trouble understanding whats going on.

So could anybody be so kind as to explain exactly what orgnic growing is, what the organic equivalents of nutes are (i think thats the right way to ask.. you get my point.. right?), and also, any tips to help my organic pc grow out?
    forgive my ignorance, cheers, to a good day, and peace.:smoke:

2. I'm no expert organic grower(yet) I'm on my first organic grow rt now. But maybe I can help a little bit and hopefully someone else will chime in.
    With organic your trying to create a living soil. A good living soil full of microbial life will supply your plants with all they need.

So since your not mixing big pots of soil, your probably not gonna brew teas and that's fine. So in your case with a small pc grow I would suggest you find a store bought organic mix like sunshine advanced rainforest blend or fox farms ocean floor and do a water only grow. You may want to pick up some earth worm castings and espoma plant tone for a top dressing after your plants use the available nutrients in the soil mix. Or you can do a little more reading and mix a batch of your own soil for a water only grow there are several mixes here in the organic section. I also read that 2 parts fox farms light warrior mixed with one part fox farms ocean floor works well for a water only.

But your plants do not need bottle nutrients. You can achieve greatness with just water and the proper soil.
    Good luck bro.

BeZ...V

3. I can't believe I'm saying this, but in your situation I'd probably recommend chemicals. Here's why:

In a pot that small, you're going to have a very hard time creating a "living soil" or balancing what your plant needs. I think you would have more success using ionic nutrients where you can directly feed the plant.

If you are willing to go with a larger pot then you would have more success with organics.

As for access to nutes, well that's the great thing about organics....they're all around you! Nettles, comfrey, lavender, etc....Or I'm sure you have a feed store or nursery nearby that would give you access to kelp meal, alfalfa meal, and hopefully decent compost.

There's many online place in the US.

Where in the world are you anyway?