Organic N00Bs shopping supplies.......What else should we add blades?

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by 000DankStank000, Apr 4, 2014.

1. So like I stated in my other post I'm on the hunt for organic stuff to make my own super soil . So I made some purchases today got
    image.jpg . Worm castings and kelp
    image.jpg rock dust and organic fertilizer.

I was also thinking some bat shit but not sure yet.
    I was also torn on what soil to use. Was thinking promix BX the commercial bags not the colourful bags that are sold at Walmart. Do you blades think I should use promix?

So questions are
    What soil to use to start the mix?
    What else should I add and why?

I bought a book today image.jpg to help me on my journey but we all know the organic guys are the best right lol

2. #2 waktoo, Apr 4, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2014

I really don't want to comment on adding amendments to bagged soils, but you should return that book for a refund.  You'll learn WAY more about organic cultivation here, compared to the information presented in that book.  JC is a cannabis profiteer, and knows nothing about biologically active soils.

If you want to make "super soil", start here...  http://forum.grasscity.com/organic-growing/1116550-easy-organic-soil-mix-beginners.html

3. Ok so I need some lime and peat moss according to your link.

I bought the book to get an overview of growing not to grow organically only. I know it's not for that.

So don't use promix

4. Promix is fine.  With the EWC and more perlite (mixed 1/1/1 by volume), you don't need lime for the promix.  Promix IS peat, with lime and some perlite added to it.

This is your soil "base".  With it, you don't need to use bagged soil to make your mix.

5. I'm confused right now

6. What's troubling you my son?

7. I just wanna make my soil better not the most bad ass organics soil so I can hang with the cool organic guys. Just better.

So as OP has pointed out Pro mix is PH peatmoss so I could use that and I add my other soil stuff worm castings rock dust etc and I would think I would have abetter soil then when I started out with just plain promix?

I understand you guys get the same questions etc I did my research bought some stuff now I wanna find some like mineded people to bounce ideas off of. I am a N00B when it comes to growing MJ I can admit it.

That's why I came to the community for some support.

I am a Tradesman and yes we had to read books and pass test but the most I ever learned was from the oldschool guys that could just give ya the little extra info (Timbits) that's when I learned the most.

Im just PMSing wife closed the intake lastnight temps went threw the roof lost a plant others are in shock I think. Made the stems go weak and rubber like?? FML

8. #8 FunTimeGrowHap, Apr 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2014
    Okay relax.  Keep the book and use it to get your cirulation in check.   

"So as OP has pointed out Pro mix is PH peatmoss so I could use that and I add my other soil stuff worm castings rock dust etc and I would think I would have abetter soil then when I started out with just plain promix?"

Again just plain ProMix isn't soil---it's only peat and aeration.   Adding castings and the kelp, rock dust, and organic fertilizer will make it soil.  Rocket science it is not.

"I just wanna make my soil better not the most bad ass organics soil so I can hang with the cool organic guys. Just better"

What is this gibberish?  Don't say silly shit to people you're asking for help.  You asked how to use ProMix and castings.  You have been answered.  I suspect a lot of the people that post stuff like that are bored hydro store employees.

9. That's funny you found me out im a hydrostore employee trolling the forums.

So what is promix? just called dirt.

So now that you got to tell me to calm down are you gonna recommend a good starting Organic SOIL base to use?

10. Promix is fine.  With the EWC and more perlite (mixed 1/1/1 by volume

Jeez-o...

12. thats right i answerd with your answer he didnt seem to see :-S

13. Is it my fault you can't read an answer that has been given to you multiple times?  All the best, my friend!

Never said it was....Take care .

I know I am a N00B and I missed what was right infront of me.
    No hard feelings

15. whatever you have to close the intake on your cab or tent, take a knife,screwdriver or whatever and cut/bust it off.

why the hell close it?

16. Okay for at least the third time now, pro mix is fine for a base yet promix alone is not soil.

17. waktoo nailed it. Follow his advice and you will be gold. Pro Mix is excellent and has been used for decades.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Grasscity Forum mobile app