Organic Mix

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Mista Jones, Jun 12, 2014.

1. First time grower here.

I've been thinking of potential organic mixes for quite some time now. My first plant is growing well enough and I think it's almost time to move it out of its solo cup mix of peat moss and MG organic potting mix.

So I'm just looking for an educated opinion on the soil mix I've thought up for when I transplant into a bigger pot.

So far I'm thinking:
    1/3 peat moss
    1/6 vermiculite
    1/6 perlite (or perhaps small pebbles?)
    1/6 worm castings (thinking Noble Worm Organics)
    1/6 MG organic potting mix

I know I probably shouldn't be using the MG, but I already have some so I figure I might as well use it. Any suggestions are welcome!

2. Bumping for the greeeen

3. no the mg organic potting mix is fine especially since your cutting it down quite a bit... and youve already got it rooted... looks decent to me, but what are you using for phosphorus, or potassium? trace elements? i mean worm castings have quite a bit of trace minerals, but to sustain a water only mix gonna need to cook up some compost in a plastic barrel add bone blood and kelp meals high p bat guanos...

4. Yeah I'll probably be using something from fox farms to keep the girls on track while I get the rest of the things I need for a water only grow. Thinking big bloom for flowering. Not sure what to get for veg yet... Figured worm castings would be enough.

Any other advice? I'm trying to learn a lot the first time around! Hah

5. Big bloom won't be enough for flowering, it's just a compost tea. Tiger bloom is your flowering fert.

6. Personally I like 707 my buddy got me hooked on it it will feed your plants well. His grows are kick ass too.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

7. Just looked into both of these, and I think I'm gonna go with the Tiger Bloom for now. Thanks for the posts!

8. well if you want to stay organic, look into some earth juice, or honestly i like blue mtn organics i got off ebay, for a just in case my supersoil was incomplete... just got small bottles but have been using them in small increments, only because they expire in a year and half..

9. So many choices...

10. The only FF trio nute that is organic is the big bloom... grow big and tiger bloom have chemical nutes and are not organic and will kill any microbes you have in your living soil.

I bought some before I knew that and now the only one I would even consider using is big bloom.

Go to a feed store and get some alfalfa pellets (50 lbs for like 12 bucks) grind them up in a food processor... while your there get some oyster shell pellets (same amount same price) grind them up as well.

I just got a composter and hopefully get a worm bin to put in my garage before winter. You probably want to get some rock dust as well. Along with the EWC this will get you pretty close to teas and water only.

11. I'm kinda short on food processors right now, haha. I'll definitely have to look into this for a future grow. Right now I'm just doing the best with what I got. I'll post a photo of what I have now.

12. Little cup has a freshly germed seed in it.
    Mix
    1/3 Peat Moss
    1/3 Worm castings
    1/3 vermiculite

Black pot holds my biggest plant. Hopefully it continues to grow!
    Mix
    1/3 worm castings ( with a small ratio of MG organic choice potting soil)
    1/3 peat moss
    1/6 vermiculite
    1/6 small pebbles
    100_0355.JPG 100_0354.JPG