Organic Mix made with locally available ingredients

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by Powned, Apr 5, 2018.

1. Definitely not a “bee” carnal. Kill that shit or you could have a nest of angry hornets in your grow room.

The plants seem to look gorgeous though. And don’t worry about the other insects. Both of the other things you mentioned I wouldn’t trip too hard about. Arthropods will help chew up and process the organic matter in your soil. Flies, while it may be disgusting, I imagine could help break things down too.

Hell, I read about “cockroach composting” for the first time last night, so any time you feel bad about flies, think of that.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2
  2. Thanks for the reply.

I led the bee out of the room by closing the light and opening a light and it followed it.
    There seem to be no more flies for some reason. I don't know why. Maybe a spider?
    I actually saw a spider eating a fly on one of my peppers outside the other day I thought it was pretty cool.

As for the anthropods, I haven't seem them since day 1 so I'm not sure if they are dead or hiding under the soil

I'll give more pictures soon as my plant is already producing quite a lot of flowers. Impressive for a 135 watt light!

• Like Like x 1
  3. That’s good to hear lol. I’ve had too many terrible experiences with hornets, not ever in a grow room, but still. I’m all about respecting ecology and all that, but there’s gotta be a line drawn somewhere.

Could be a number of reasons the flies are gone. Honestly, a lot of people would probably consider that a good thing. The real MVPs to keep your eyes out for are beneficial mite species. As long as they’re staying on the top layer of soil or in your mulch layer and not grinding on your roots, they’re most likely “good guys”. I recently started mulching all my pots and outdoor beds with shredded leaves and it’s insane how quickly beneficial life shows up as if by magic.

Can’t wait to see the new pics!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  4. I haven't tried this on marijuana plants though because I try to keep the numbers very limited due to current canadian laws (even though ''legalization under it's way). I have found a spot outside with dirt that looks exactly like worm castings, hidden under 6-8 inches of dead leaves. The soil there is very soft, dark, and there are about 5 worms per handful. I actually had a dieing plant that came back in 7 days with this mixed in the soil!

Look at the roots of my outdoor plant, it was very sick. It is now SUPER healthy!!
    At the moment of transplant (looking very sick, leaves are thick and yellow), the roots covered almost everything. It felt like tissue to my hand.

This plant (outdoor) is Northern Lights x God Bud ; this one is smelling stronger and better IN VEG than the bubba kush x god bud at week 2 flowering inside the house.
    3 next pictures were taken on the 15 of may excuse my nails, I do not wear gloves.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

More recent (and healthier) pictures of the above plant (NL x GB # 3) - Pictures taken today :

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Interesting note : I was able to completely ignore transplant shock with my superhot peppers (carolina reaper) using local forest humus that looked like worm castings and had 4-5 fat worms per handful. When I transplanted my super hot peppers (Carolina reaper) in my notil soil mixed with that forest humus, they INSTANTLY love it!!

The next day it is growing already bushier and greener. Is it possible that the soil outdoor is filled with beneficial life already active? Unlike notil where the soil has to be activated for a long time?

I know it's specifically the forest humus that does this becaues I transplanted the same pepper without the forest humus and it took 2-3 days to come back from transplant shock. I have no science or studies to claim this except a trial with 4 different pots, but I will definately keep using that forest humus in my compost teas it seems to be doing miracles for me... To the point I thought I should cut a lot of yellow leaves on my plant, but they all came back to 100% health

• Like Like x 2
  5. Hi. I am now entering what I would say day 20 - day 21 of flower.
    I didn't keep track of days really... sorry if that's important.

Anyways, even though the 2 plants are the same genetics (bubba kush X god bud) ; they do not behave the same. The first plant (on the left) is not stretching at all, and barely producing any buds. The second plant is producing TONS of buds and it seems like it is stretching like crazy during flowering phase.

I cloned both of these about 10 days ago (2x clones of the plant on the right) and 1x clone of the plant on the left. They will go outdoor when they are ready to transplant.

I honestly think there is something wrong with my grow but I don't know why! The BGB (bubba x god bud) is barely smelling but it is starting to frost up, hopefully.... I have to rub my hands on the buds to see what it smells like. No carbon filters.

Edit : I just thought about it, and you will see, my plants look deficient. I took closer pictures, and you will see that the tip of the leave is purple/brownish in colour where it is closer to the light. I think that this might be because I didn't add enough dolomitic lime in my mix. I am not sure

Any comments/tips appreciated!

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      928.2 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      723.2 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      1.6 MB
      Views:
    • 4.jpg
      4.jpg
      File size:
      326.7 KB
      Views:
    • 5.jpg
      5.jpg
      File size:
      790.1 KB
      Views:
  6. looks like nute burn. have you let the soil cycle before using it?

7. I left the pot with the soil mix by its own for about 2-3 weeks.

To that I mixed high nitrogen soil that I mixed a few months ago, I thought it would no longer be hot, but it did contain bat guano. Maybe next cycle will be better in that soil ^?

8. That's probably the issue, too much nitrogen (and possibly other elements as well). the burned tips are general nute burn while the hooked tip is typical for N toxicity.
    As long as it doesnt get worse i would let them ride it out and avoid adding any teas or top dressing until you see some improvement, and even then i would be vary cautious about adding anything as the soil seems to be loaded.
    On the brights side, yes the soil will improve with use and time.

• Like Like x 1
  9. I used bat guano for first time on my last 45gal of soil and 2 strains looked exactly like yours, other 3 strains loved it, I am certain it was the nitrogen in my mix since I been using the same recipe for couple years except high nitro guano=(free gift) soil aged 1.5 months and got hot but still roughed up my plants, mine all grew out of it, too much nitro can affect flowering IMO... Give them time they will come around,

10. My plants are starting to produce more trichomes, I think I see a lot of trichs forming on the leaves as well.

My main concern is that one of the two plant is getting yellow/purple (a lot).

I gave fish emulsion for the first time today (1-4-3) because I thought one of the plants were deficient or lacking in nutes, but it stinks i didn't know.. Hopefully the smell will go away soon lol

11. Quick update : It's starting to smell wierd in that room.

It does smell like something, but not like any weed I remember buying.
    I fed the plant about 8 days ago with highly diluted fish emulsion. It stank like fish in the room so I lit a candle for like 2 hours which kind of cancelled the smell?

4 days ago I gave it tea with worm compost and alfalfa with little molasses in it.

I will give straight water later today.
    I would really like to receive some comments on the pictures because I don't know if they look good or not, do you think it will be any potent? good to make hash maybe?

Here is picture of Bubba x God Bud (left pheno - #1)
    [​IMG]

Here is picture of Bubba x God bud (right pheno = #2)
    [​IMG]

Notes : Both plants have a lot of hairs on them. is this a bad sign? I don't usually like ''hairy" dried buds? again, first time grower so have no clue if the end product will even be smokeable!

#1 is much smaller, there are 3 - 4 bud sites max. Resin production seems pretty good to me? I looked closer and it seems like the trichs are pretty close/dense even though small at this point.

#2 stretched at least 3x times the first one. I topped this plant and yet it's twice the size of the other one (untopped). It even has double bud sites. Like a pair of balls. LOL look main branches with bud sites stacking on top of another. Looks like resin is present, but less dense than first pheno.

12. your plants look good dont worry. those hairs are pistils and are part of the female flower, its normal.
    when the buds mature the pistils will turn a darker color (most common is orange but they can turn many different colors) and by the time the plant is ready for harvest most would have shriveled and dried up.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  13. Hi guys..

Just an update :

The room is now smelling something. Not anything that I associate with weed though, it really reminds me of strawberry or blueberry jam of some kind. I may be crazy I dunno lol

Anyway here is a picture of the top bud of pheno #1(left) - the right side is too close to the lights i can't get good pictures. Anyways, does anyone know how close this is to harvest? I don't remember when I changed my light to 12/12....

Attached Files:

• 8.jpg
      8.jpg
      File size:
      2.6 MB
      Views:
  14. looks like it has a few more weeks at least.

15. Hi Scoobie,

Thank you so much for your reply.
    You are totally right.

Looking back at the pictures I took in Veg of the plants, I think these are maximum 33-35 days into flower.
    I think this is a 55 day strain, so probably 3 more weeks to go.
    I top dressed yesterday with half a cup to a cup of fresh worm castings that were exclusively given carrots and good quality sawdust. I thought these were fruits, since my marijuana is fruiting, why not give fresh composted fruits ehh?? :) Maybe useless I don't know I'm just having fun and experimenting.

I am impressed by myself the plants look very very frosty (to me at least LOL).

Picture of today 9 (1):

New pheno alert (10)!!
    I found 3 leaf tip pheno !!!!!
    Hopefully in the next year I will find pheno that make good melt hash

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  16. Quick update : I harvested the plants last week due to heat.

Okay, so the smell of my plants is barely noticeable for some reason, they smell like outdoor plants. They smell like bunko weed, I mean, they smell good, but nothing like a cherry, cheese, banana, or strawberry. Not even smelling like kush. This is supposed to be Bubba kush x God bud (people in here recommended me to contact Jordan of the Islands for the seeds, and I personally contacted him and he sent me a 12 pack).

Smells like Mexican outdoors. (ok, maybe a little better than schwag). The looks of the bud is okay, I give 6/10. It has decent trichome presence.

Haven't smoked it yet so no idea if it burns smoothly or not. I have a feeling that this is some real bad and shit weed. My brother also told me it smelled like outdoor. It's indoor no till, which a lot of people said that taste flavor and smell were incredible in this medium......... Obviously not my case.

Anyways, here are pictures of the buds... I am extremely disappointed, since I researched alot. What is wierd is that the plants I have look healthy through all their lives, but deliver some fucking bunko weed! What is wrong!!!!!!!!

I bought what I thought was the best lights (imported from USA, big taxes and import for HLG white LED lights) - Bought all the products recommended in these forums., I bought a pump for compost teas, fan and dehumidifier I mean I don't even know what to buy anymore I am almost depressed this is my 4th grow, and I probably am going to trash it again. I wouldn't be surprised to get less than 1-5% return on making hash with these buds. I even gave fish emulsion (inside) and went to stink my whole house like fish for 7-10 days. Guess all these efforts are for nothing..

Anyways, hopefully my outdoor plants will produce something better than this.. I have 4 plants outside and one of them is getting super yellow even though I'm giving compost teas, bat guano tea, fish emulsion mixed with humic acid (suposedly makes my feedings more effective but I don't notice shit)

Attached Files: